Homebrew wiimc smb sharing with windows 7 ... is it possible?

newby1976

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i can get it to work with windows XP but not windows 7

i have turned off my firewall so i know that not the problem, and triple checked all the details

is it possible? ... is the a guide?

newby1976

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
tried

"Windows 7 & Vista advanced settings: Setting the NT Access rights on the shared folder to allow "Everyone" read and execute access.

Right-click folder, then pick "Security", "Advanced", "Change Permissions", "Add", "Advanced", "Find now", then pick "Everyone", then give read permissions."

but still wont work
frown.gif

geegee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that you have to change the settings for overall network file sharing. It is under:

Control Panel \ Network and Internet \ Network and Sharing Center \ Change advanced sharing settings (on left hand side).

My smb sharing works fine and I'm using windows 7...

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue. My laptop can read/write/modify my desktop with no issues at all. Yet WiiMC will not do this. The weird part is if you share a folder it works fine. Its stupid and doesn't make sense I think its a bug somewhere.

I cannot share anything under Windows 7 without the homegroup enabled. Its really annoying, but maybe that is what is causing these issues with WiiMC. It seems as though the emulators, FCEUGX and SNES9XGX is doing the same thing. I gave up, I'm going to just copy to my NTFS partition if I want to watch anything.

Nazar78

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi my 1st post here
smile.gif

I have 2 drives shared over win7 x64.

Use your user account instead, if still can't try disable homegroup 1st. You can share the whole disk over wiimc if you share over admin privileges. Use ip\share ie. 192.168.1.1 for ip and c$ for drive c. See also if firewall is blocking...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/pro/scientists-design-super-battery-made-with-cheap-readily-affordable-...