Hacking cIOS USB beta3 (IOS222) + WBFS Tool

msaraiva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the cat is out of the bag, there's no going back, so i'm giving a little back to the community...

cIOS USB beta3 with DIP module (IOS222):
http://www.zshare.net/download/57942110e0726629/

WBFS Tool (linux only, sorry):
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?57942904-e...d74bfc1c6c29abc

The only "special" library needed to compile wbfs is openssl, so it was pretty trivial to do it. Usage instructions are included on the readme file. If anyone wants to go thru the hassle of compiling it, you just need gcc, make and libssl-dev.

Thanks, Kwiirk!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
And there we have the leak..again we're totaly screwed and this time, we even don't have a source...well done...

I can't write what names I would love to call you...they're so mean...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Blue-K said:
And there we have the leak..again we're totaly screwed and this time, we even don't have a source...well done...

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

This is not a leak, it's just kwiirk's newest version of cios_usb2, beta3.

msaraiva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blue-K said:

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

What are you talking about? CIOS USB beta3 (IOS222) was released on a french site, i just grabbed the source code for wbfs and compiled it. The only thing that was not supposed to be released and got leaked was the USB Loader itself.

KNoffel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kwiirk said:
OK then...
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wdwfqbzgc5d

'''cIOS usb2''' beta3
by kwiirk

=== Disclaimer ===
This software is in beta stage, it is not heavily tested, but proved to work on the author system.
Physical damages to your hardrive is possible due to very immature state of the code.
Damages to hard-drive data are very possible.
See the NO WARANTY part of the GPL license.

Please dont use this software for illegal purpose.

=== beta3 changelog ===
*improved the reliability of the usbstorage driver. It now resets the drive if it starts to error.
*implemented libwbfs, a filesystem to store wii backups on an harddrive (see readme in sources for details)
*implemented yal, the most simple usb-loader.
*Two versions are available.
**cios_usb2_install is IOS 202, and does not contain the DIP plugin nor yal.
**cios_usb2_dip_install is IOS 222, and is not distributed on wiibrew.org. Please do not link to it on wiibrew.

Wii Backup File System(WBFS) by Kwiirk.

WBFS is a simple file system to store wii backup in an efficient way on a harddrive.

=== Wii Filesystem ===
All Wii Games do not take advantage of the whole 4.7GB DVD.
A lot of WII dvd sectors are in fact never used, even if there is random encrypted garbage in it.
WBFS knows about the wiidisc filesystem, and will copy on the wbfs partition only the part that are really usefull.
The idea of ignoring unused wiidisc sectors is not new, and is implemented in the WiiScrubber tool.

=== Disclaimer ===
WBFS is a filesystem tool that may damage you disc partition if you dont know what you are doing.
WBFS is in a early beta stage, a number of safety checks are not done, that may cause bugs.
Please save your data, and report bugs (please be productive, and explain exactly the problem)
The authors of the software decline all responsabilities on damage that can been done by the use of this software.
This tool is not made to encourage piracy, only use your own backups from your own games.

=== Usage ===
This version of wbfs only runs on linux, and will probably compile and work on other unixes including MacOSX even if it has not been tested.

Before using wbfs tool, you must format your harddrive. use the tool gparted from linux.
make a new primary partition of type "unformatted"
If you dont know how to do it, then wbfs in its current form is not for you, forget it or you will lose data. Sorry.

I assume now that $PART is the name of your recently created partition ( e.g. PART=/dev/sdc2 ), and your working directory is the binary release of wbfs_linux
You must be root, or have read/write access to your partition ( "adduser disk" on debian and co plus relogging will do the stuff)

*init the partition:
./wbfs -p $PART init
then wbfs can find automatically your wbfs partition inside your disks.

*add an iso to your partition
./wbfs add

*list the wiidisc that are on the wbfs, you will get the DISCID, game name, number of wide sectors used, and number of GB used.
./wbfs ls

*count the number of wide sectors / GB available on your partition
./wbfs df

*build Homebrew Channel directories for all the games in your partition
This will actually make a directory for each game with the DISCID of the game,
copy the icon.png and boot.dol of the current directory, and make a meta.xml with the name of the game
./wbfs mkhbc
Then copy all the directories in the apps directory of your sdcard.

Source: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144250&st=19 by Kwiirk

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what exactly is WBFS? not a clue sorry lol

also, i've JUST installed 4.0E (in fact it's still installing now) but i installed cIOS USB 2.0 beta 2 before i started it

will the cIOS stay on there or not? also, i thought that the IOS was 202 not 222... will i be able to install this one on 4.0E?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch