Hacking CIOSCORP For Dummies?

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... I guess I've been living under a rock for a while now, and for my sake, could someone please give me the "...For Dummies" explanation of a few things?
Q: What is CIOSCORP?
A: CIOSCORP is a replacement for the IOS's that the Wii uses, including DIP7... meaning every IOS becomes a cIOS.

Q: What does CIOSCORP do?
A: CIOSCORP lets you play backups from the Disc Channel, as you would play original games, but without a modchip.

Q: What are the requirements for CIOSCORP?
A: ???

Q: Where can I get CIOSCORP?
A: Some fancy Google searches will probably find you what you need. Alternatively, you could ask around. Someone will probably send it to you.

Q: What are the risks of installing CIOSCORP?
A: CIOSCORP replaces ALL IOS's (including the System Menu) on your Wii. If you have a power failure during the install, your Wii will become "bricked"!
Q: If my Wii becomes "bricked", how can I "unbrick" it?
Q: Can CIOSCORP be uninstalled?
A: Yes; you will need to re-install the original IOS's.

Q: How can I backup my original IOS's?

Q: How do I install CIOSCORP?
A: To install CIOSCORP, you will either need the CIOSCORP Installer, or you will need to manually install every cIOS with WAD Manager.
Q: If I'm installing CIOSCORP using the CIOSCORP Installer, what is the step-by-step process?

Q: If I'm installing CIOSCORP using the WAD Manager, what is the step-by-step process?
Once I get some clear and precise answers, I'll edit this post accordingly.

Thanks!
rolleyes.gif

TiMeBoMb4u2

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
A: A replacement for the IOS's that the wii uses, including DIP7... meaning every IOS is a cIOS.

A: Allows backup booting from the disk channel.

A: Ask around, people will pm you it.

A: it replaces ALL IOS's (including system menu) on your wii. if you have a blackout during install. say bye bye wii
biggrin.gif

A: yes. re-install the original IOS's

Q: How do you install CIOSCORP?
A: with either a CIOSCORP installer, or manually install every IOS with WADManager.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Q: What are the requirements for CIOSCORP?
A: System Menu 3.2 - with cIOS36 rev7 installed

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Q: If my Wii becomes "bricked", how can I "unbrick" it?
A: Short Answer: You cant. Long Answer: Some methods have worked, but most fail... you should ask people like IRONMASK (who has bricked and recovered 3 times)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A: a NAND dump will provide you with a great backup of important things
smile.gif

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Q: If I'm installing CIOSCORP using the CIOSCORP Installer, what is the step-by-step process?
A:
1 - Get the CIOSCORP package.
2 - Follow the instructions given by the site you got it from.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Q: If I'm installing CIOSCORP using the WAD Manager, what is the step-by-step process?
A:
1 - Get the CIOSCORP package.
2 - Place all IOS wads into the WAD directory on the root of your sd card.
3 - Open WAD Manager.
4 - Install the IOS WADS in any order (preferably IOS33 first) and you are done.

If you get any errors when installing an IOS, DO NOT exit Wad Manager - just attempt to re-install that IOS.

If you keep getting errors when trying to install the failed IOS (still DO NOT exit Wad Manager ) - run to the computer, log on to GBATemp, and PM someone who has a copy of the IOS you need. then install it - tadah
smile.gif

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A: CIOSCORP is a pack of wad files that you can install with WAD Manager

A: CIOSCORP lets you play backups from the Disc Channel, as you would play original games, but without a modchip.

A: I can't tell you where to get it, but the link is floating around the net now.

A: The only one that I can think of is if you lose power or something while your wii is installing the one that is IOS30.

A: Yes, but there is no official method. You kind of need to get all of the wad files for all of the IOSes that you replaced and reinstall them.

Q: How do you install CIOSCORP?
A: Just put all of the files in the wad folder on your card and then use the program 'wad manager' to install every one.

AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING YOU DO WITH THESE INSTRUCTIONS

zeldafn333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There really aren't any requirements for CIOSCORP except I guess wad manager or multi cios installer.
Plus you'd want to have starfall/preloader.

And can we come up with like an acronym or something for CIOSCORP?
Im getting tired of typing it all the time, all caps or cIOSCORP or w.e....

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeldafn333 said:
There really aren't any requirements for CIOSCORP except I guess wad manager or multi cios installer.
Plus you'd want to have starfall/preloader.

And can we come up with like an acronym or something for CIOSCORP?
Im getting tired of typing it all the time, all caps or cIOSCORP or w.e....
I guess I'm referring to... Will this install with System Menu 3.4? What if I do not have HBC installed?

These are things that a "dummy" may not know. I'm just looking for someone to explain it better!

=)

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was told, cryptically, that you can use FTPii to get these files. I'm not sure of the process however.

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beatchu said:
Doesn't CIOSCORP come with original IOSes

The one I was sent did
I didn't get the original IOS's.
All I have is: 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 20, 21, 22, 28, 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36, BugFix-37, BugFix-38, BugFix-53, BugFix-55

blink.gif

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do games that required patching (Medal of honor hero's 2 for example) work is CIOSCORP? also can someone pm me all the stuff need to install/uninstall it.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will still have IOS249 so your patch games will still load this will just make all or mostly all 98% work from the Disc channel.
SoftMii is a complete pack of tools to give you this with free region and BRICK protection. There is a tread on here.
Check it out!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He just means that some conversations are light and funny, Madonna having sex with a dog? Hilarious! Your uncle beating your dog then making you watch him molest it? Kinda ehhhh drama lol
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why do people hate seasons 20 and 23 of south park?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know. People hate and down vote everything nowdays. I see it especially on gamestores, like every game has a negative rating, even though they are good games.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    With south park, they speak the truth, whether people like it or not, then peeps get they're panties in a bunch.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    See ya later fr
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Later gator
    +2
  • G @ GamerGatorDoesTech:
    @BigOnYa i thought that was like a specific comment towards me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    lol later gator that was good one @BigOnYa
    +1
  • Shgofc @ Shgofc:
    if i think i exist, then, i dont exi...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They started hating later seasons because it turned into half seasons and specials
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People in youtube comments are such dick riders "oh I can't believe he said that to you" clicks on other video "wow this is amazing."
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everyone is triggered nowadays too easy, bunch of pansies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    1st video- That's why I hate ordering stuff online, if I can just go pick it up myself nearby. Wal-Mart online did that to me years ago, sent wrong item, I went to Wal-Mart by me to return, but noo, I had to mail it back and wait.
    99% of the time ordering online I have had flawless experiences, only time something was messed up, I ordered a big TV from Amazon and it came smashed the box was literally like some one jumped up and down on it, didn't even open it, contacted Amazon sent them pictures, they made me open it and take more pictures, free label to return it and they sent another. So it was relatively painless. But still annoying.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did it just because I don't like you
    Ken you Amazonian Maniac lol
    Cool band name lol
    Their hit song Deliver Us from good, was a banger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine what I'd do if I did like you
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/t1zTwu2R2Ys?si=BqY1TtbKs14wi7z4