Hacking New 8.1J to 9.0J method beta & looking for testers

Status
Not open for further replies.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just so you all know, a 03ds on ofw 1.x may not seem "cool" but I can use it to pretty much do anything with the right code ;) most people including any dev would kill for a 3ds like this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yeah some japanese n3DS came with 8.1.0-0J, (no browser pre-installed) the next firmware out after 8.1 was 9.0
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/231/~/system-menu-update-history

idk if maybe you could just install the browser from 9.0 on 8.1 though, but it seems the 8.1 menu was just so they could ship them on time, by launch 9.0 was out
won't work ever haha, not compatible, it's been tested.

Last edited by laramie,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just so you all know, a 03ds on ofw 1.x may not seem "cool" but I can use it to pretty much downgrade any 3ds with the right code ;) most people including any dev would kill for a 3ds like this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

won't work ever haha, not compatible, it's been tested.
yeah probs never had any browser code implemented as they knew 9.0 would be ready for release date, did anyone try installing spider on the 8.1 FW? might have just been left looking for spider rather than skater

as for your 1.0 console, i guess you will be fitting a hardmod to get a rip of the 1.0.0 FW :)

Reactions: Margen67

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
yeah probs never had any browser code implemented as they knew 9.0 would be ready for release date, did anyone try installing spider on the 8.1 FW? might have just been left looking for spider rather than skater

as for your 1.0 console, i guess you will be fitting a hardmod to get a rip of the 1.0.0 FW :)

The idea is now we can update and rip every console version using a hard mod and sky3ds.

Yea I thought 8.2 was the -18 browser we where hoping for; fingers crossed it is still

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Of course, but also i can use special code and use CN to get a arm9 payload to dump nand ;)

Ronhero

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Of course, i'm gonna get a hard mod right off the bat, than backup 1.0, than update to 2.x, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, and 10.x Yes all of them

And region change to complete the master list? I was asking about the mod because I wanted to know if you wanted to go half

Inukami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had beer to drink and medical to toke. I ate like a starving African on death row

Is there any reason to update from 8.1 to 9.0 if you are using gateway? I noticed from reading online 8.1 doesn't have a browser but is that the only issue with 8.1?

Ronhero

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Is there any reason to update from 8.1 to 9.0 if you are using gateway? I noticed from reading online 8.1 doesn't have a browser but is that the only issue with 8.1?

Well the main issue right now is only GW has rop so if you have 8.1 you can only use GW right now. The idea is to get people to 9.0-9.2 to use a free CFW

annman5

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to be a tester, I have 8.1.0-0J systems new 3DS, also gateway card, I can use in e-shop with VISA payment, can you let me attend? Thank you^^

Last edited by annman5,

Nuzzgok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I still find it so ridiculous how there is no solution for this! I understand it's a niche problem, but with all the developments happening, us 8.1J users are still having to rock the gateway and watch others have their fun.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Jap new 3ds on 9.2fw, and gateway, but NO japanese OOT or CN, I do have a USA CN, is there a way for me to launch gateway menu? Any browser exploits? Any way to launch regionfree with out a game cartridge? or any Way to launch HBL?

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Jap new 3ds on 9.2fw, and gateway, but NO japanese OOT or CN, I do have a USA CN, is there a way for me to launch gateway menu? Any browser exploits? Any way to launch regionfree with out a game cartridge? or any Way to launch HBL?
No other way, you need JPN CN and it is so OP. Ronhero can do it for $30 and you have to send your unit to him. I can do the same thing, but my message count is still low that you prolly won't consider.

Last edited by cultopi,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!