Heero808

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everybody, going to keep this story short but

I have a Super Smash Brothers N3DSLL 8.1J, why I mention that is that it's 8.1.0-0J, so no browser.

I got OOT3D and Gateway but I now realize that does not get me anywhere besides GW Emunand.

I realized that I should have downgraded before the 11.0 FW was released, now I dont have a safety net.

Why I want to make the move is that its starting to seem like a drawback seeing how modified DLC/CIA cant be run on Gateway Emunand, and I guess CFW have gotten to the point where Luma3DS can change the language of the Emunand easily which is what I was waiting for.

So what should I do?

Get Cubic Ninja/Sky3DS to do the 8.1 to 9.2 method

Get a game to update the N3DSLL to 9.5-9.9 to downgrade? (I'm aware that cart updates don't include the browser, but I do have a OLD 3DS CFW ready to install OOT3Dhax) (Note 2: I will be going to Japan in a few days, so buying a game to update it won't be a big problem)

Or wait till Gateway to put out their solution? (Seems like it requires the homebrew launcher, so I'm still stuck)

Worst case scenario, I'm just going to stick with what I have, I can still play 3DS games and thats why I bought it right?

My concerns are soft bricking my N3DSLL and being stuck with a JPN 3DS on 11.0 FW

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the same boat with my JPN N3DS and have tried several methods without Cubic Ninja JPN. However, it's definitely possible to use CN to update your system to 9.2J: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-upgrading-8-1-0-0j-to-9-2-0-20j.384960/

However, I'm hoping that tomorrow, Gateway will provide a working solution to install "Arm9Hax" for us, so let's see what happens before you consider buying CN!

Heero808

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here's hoping gateway creates a solution, or else I'm going to have to hopefully come across Cubic Ninja in some store or buy a game to update it.

I guess no solutions have been made cause the downgrades helped the remaining 8.1J 3DSs in the wild.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I was in an identical situation. I ended up updating to 10.6 and then downgrading, but you CANNOT do that right now with 11.0 so don't do it.

Upgrading from 8.1 to 9.2 is the way to go, or wait and see what A9LH support Gateway release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi