What's the best 3DS emulator (especially after Citra's shutdown)?

TanMasked

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I've been looking for an emulator that would be a decent replacement for Citra (especially since it and Yuzu got shut down).

Any suggestions?

AHumanBean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've been looking for an emulator that would be a decent replacement for Citra (especially since it and Yuzu got shut down).

Any suggestions?
If you still have citra installed then stick to that. Otherwise I've heard mixed things about Lime3DS, so you could possibly give that a go.

Reactions: TanMasked

Gregoryxl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
is it necessary to install the cias in the citra as in the 3ds or does it work with 3ds files?

I have a very old computer, 12 years old, does it work on very old computers?

SwordShielder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Last edited by SwordShielder,

SwordShielder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
is it necessary to install the cias in the citra as in the 3ds or does it work with 3ds files?

I have a very old computer, 12 years old, does it work on very old computers?

Depends on the Version use the 2016 version of Citra for Your Laptop I have given LInks for the downloads.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depends on the Version use the 2016 version of Citra for Your Laptop I have given LInks for the downloads.
Not sure if we're even allowed to share links to Citra, as they took down their repositories as a response to Yuzu. We don't want Nintendo ninjas looking at this thread.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Lime3DS is good cause it very is a fork of Citra.

However it can't remember my damn control schemes for a second or two. Turn off the game, and your control config is messed up.

Citra is good if you have the build, panda3ds idk the status of, and lime is good but don't expect for a controller to be remembered for too long.

SwordShielder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Lime3DS is good cause it very is a fork of Citra.

However it can't remember my damn control schemes for a second or two. Turn off the game, and your control config is messed up.

Citra is good if you have the build, panda3ds idk the status of, and lime is good but don't expect for a controller to be remembered for too long.
Just download it from the links I gave you It's citra, and no need for anything else.
Post automatically merged:

I'm taking the links down actually after an hour so download them as fast as you can.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Just download it from the links I gave you It's citra, and no need for anything else.

You didn't directly give me the links, but alright, i guess.

It's best if people still want to hold on to that fruit and the one that i have will work for when it works. But I do like to ask: I'd this one actively developed? It can't get worked on anymore cause Nintendo tricked it down with Yuzu, or am i not getting something here, and it's an archive link of the last version of Citra before it happened.

SwordShielder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You didn't directly give me the links, but alright, i guess.

It's best if people still want to hold on to that fruit and the one that i have will work for when it works. But I do like to ask: I'd this one actively developed? It can't get worked on anymore cause Nintendo tricked it down with Yuzu, or am i not getting something here, and it's an archive link of the last version of Citra before it happened.
Na, It's last update was before Citra got bombed down. Exactly one day after the last version of Citra was made. If you don't trust me it's okay. Just get Lime3DS or something else.

• Wow
Reactions: DragonMals

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!