NTRPack: PC-less b9s install using ntrboot

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheCyberQuake, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Teki5

Teki5 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2016
    Ahhh that makes perfect sense. I haven't had much experience with GM9 scripting so I assumed from the fact that the scripts were there in the download that it would use those. Anyway, I didn't bother to look for any newer versions in comments, so I was using the current beta which didn't yet have any attempted fix for the secret sector checks. Thanks for the reply, sorry for my late response.

2. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Curious. Why are we patching arm9 access?

Last edited by OrGoN3, Nov 14, 2017
  3. TheCyberQuake
    OP

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    In my testing FBI.3dsx didn't have full functionality without it.

OrGoN3 likes this.
  4. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Thanks for the info! I assume we can disable it if we decide to install FBI instead? Thanks again for your hard work! This looks great! It was recommended by QuantumKitteh!

5. TheCyberQuake
    OP

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Yeah you should be able to if you decide to install most homebrew.

OrGoN3 likes this.
  6. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Is there a method to use a usb AR dongle to write to a NTR compatible cart yet?

My 2 3ds's are in storage and I have a usb AR dongle and atleast 4 NTR compatible carts...

7. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Just reread the guide here and noticed a couple of things.

1) Latest Luma doesn't even have the patch arm9 option in the config. iirc, it's enabled by default. Is there any specific reason why this pack isn't using the latest builds? In my setup there are never any issues initially loading HBC then using FBI.3dsx to install FBI.cia (or other homebrew directly from FBI's titleDB function)

2) The last statement about HBC being set to download play... doesn't that have to be set manually every time you cycle power? I can't bee 100% sure because I have hblauncher_loader installed (and it is ALWAYS set to launch HBC, whether you're using a version of Luma that has Rosalina or not. It just doesn't bother trying to use *hax if you have Rosalina)

I know that some people have a (IMHO... misguided) preference to keep unofficial stuff off of the home screen, but hblauncher_loader and FBI are 2 things that really should be installed for everybody.

8. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    For number 2 you can save the settings.

urherenow likes this.