Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
After over a month of trial and error as well as countless hours of testing and talking to fellow members I stumbled upon a way to update from 8.1 to 9.0 a few nights ago. Now my original method is still being developed (the one with a donor 3ds unit) this method requires no donor.

You will need:

8.1J n3ds
Cubic Ninja JPN
Willing to buy a paid eshop game from the JPN shop (approx $5 or less US)

If anyone wants to test PM me, I am not ready to publically release it before I have a few more tests done

Big thanks to @d0k3 @laramie @Shadowtrance for putting up with me and helping out

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
“To see what is in front of one’s nose needs a constant struggle.” George Orwell

This is true. Instead of waiting around for someone else to do it, why not take the first step.

GL, I don't have a JP console w/ a backup of nand so can't assist.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two questions:
- What are the benefits of being on 9.0J as opposed to 9.2J?
- How does one purchase an eShop game without updating from 8.1J?

I wish I could help, but I don't have a JP copy of Cubic Ninja: I do have a hardmodded 8.1J and am willing to buy an eShop game, though.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy way:
Ninjhax1.1b > Pasta CFW > Update using 3DNUS+sysUpdater

Why you need a eShop game?
I have no idea if you're serious or not... But if you take the extra 12 seconds to actually read, you'd know that you can't run homebrew on 8.1. Cfw is also out of the question until Rei, mid-kid or myself make a mset for 8.1 and then people with cfw's port it over. Rei is in the dark as far as I know, mid-kid is waiting for Rei and I since he doesn't have a n3ds. And I just need to tweak a few more things and I'll have mset of course it'll be in my cfw when everything is released.

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could start NTR, and shows the 2 commands went thru in the debugger, but still not letting me to go on eShop unless i update

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
connect('192.168.1.75',8000)
null
Server connected.

write(0x10DD28, (0x00, 0x20, 0x08, 0x60, 0x70, 0x47), pid=0x25)
null
finished

Ronhero

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I had it working from a script I saw in the multi-patcher thread I think. I am not home right now but should be in a few hours to see what's up. I was worried this might happen since all my consoles had been updated from 8.1 to 9.2 previously and then downgraded back to 8.1 to test

If anyone has GW you could try making a legit cia of the game on emunand and then installing it to system nand; the idea is ultimately the same

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had it working from a script I saw in the multi-patcher thread I think. I am not home right now but should be in a few hours to see what's up. I was worried this might happen since all my consoles had been updated from 8.1 to 9.2 previously and then downgraded back to 8.1 to test

If anyone has GW you could try making a legit cia of the game on emunand and then installing it to system nand; the idea is ultimately the same
I have that game in 3ds format and get stuck launching in emunand, not sure how to make a legit cia out of it. But I will wait till u get home.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal

Hmm.... multi-patcher thread, huh.....
I'll try to dig through it and see what I can find.

Reactions: Ronhero

Ronhero

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I have that game in 3ds format and get stuck launching in emunand, not sure how to make a legit cia out of it. But I will wait till u get home.

To make a legit cia you need to create emunand and update to say 9.5. Use multi patcher to boot eshop and buy the game. Once purchase use d9 to extract the seed and download from Nintendo server. Since its a legit cia you can then install with gw to system nand and boot.

Another alternative is install the 9.x browser to gw system nand 8.1 and run the multi patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Never play gay chicken with Ken lol