Hacking NTRPack: PC-less b9s install using ntrboot

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a bunch ^_^ It runs pretty well now, feel free to use the script (I kinda theft your code lol, sorry). I added some code to it to remove rxTools, soundhax, any old 3DS folder (I don't know if this should be done :unsure: though) and make it SD-less after (in case the owner' SD got corrupted).
This needs a valid secret sector to be potent, so any suggestions for that (without the need of copying mine to the target)? Thanks again.
If you wanted to, you could build GodMode9 on your own and hardcode that in (https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9#how-to-build-this--developer-info). You'd have to make sure to also add the option of running the install script at launch, if you want it to work that way. You're still technically copying from yours to the target this way
The o3ds/o2ds secret sector check is kinda weird. I purchased a new o2ds and the install script stopped because it would have the a9lh previously installed which I am sure that wasn't the case. Though on a 2ds which had a9lh it didn't complain.
@OrGoN3 what did you do to ignore the sector0x96.bin in the script?
I commented it out. I believe comments are done with a hashtag.

Edit: in other words, change
set ERRORMSG "Previous A9LH install detected!\nCan't install boot9strap this way!\nPlease use 3ds.guide to install from PC."
sha S:/sector0x96.bin 82F2730D2C2DA3F30165F987FDCCAC5CBAB24B4E5F65C981CD7BE6F438E6D9D3

to

#set ERRORMSG "Previous A9LH install detected!\nCan't install boot9strap this way!\nPlease use 3ds.guide to install from PC."
#sha S:/sector0x96.bin 82F2730D2C2DA3F30165F987FDCCAC5CBAB24B4E5F65C981CD7BE6F438E6D9D3

Last edited by OrGoN3,

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you for the reply. I have looked it up in the hellobranch.gm9 and have now used an if statement to not check if it isn’t a n3ds

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about flashing GM9 to my flashcart instead, but I only see a downside: I'd have to flash every time there's an update. Keeping it with b9s and loading gm9 as firm seems to be the sweet spot way. This way I can update every version, and if I want to autorun the script, I can compile it myself.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since I've touched this, but I've started messing with it again since I've started playing around with gm9 scripts again.
Currently have almost every change I wanted to implement originally. With the added structure in the scripts I can now properly determine which region the console is and set the appropriate location of certain files.
After these next few changes the only real thing I would want to add is some way to automatically find where dsp1 starts (via a hex match) in order to have it work with any version of MSET, and not just the latest. I don't think godmode9 currently has that ability though, so for now that idea is on the back burner.
Only problem right now is that I don't have a test console anymore and I don't have my compiling setup to compile the custom godmode9.
So for now while I get compiling up and running again, it would be awesome if people could beta test the build below.
This go around I'm using the standard ntrboot version of boot9strap that loads boot.firm.
Should be simple to test. Extract the zip to your flashcard microSD, boot with ntrboot, that should load into godmode9, and from there hit the home button, select scripts, then select Install_NTRPack.

Current changes:
  • Fixed up the secret sector check. It will detect if you are running on a n3ds, check secret sector, then notify you if you wish to continue. It will also attempt a repair if you have secret_sector.bin in the boot9strap folder. Either way, if it fails it will still continue installation as it's not that important once you install b9s.
  • Greatly improved dspfirm.cdc dumping code, which will auto-detect the correct MSET .app to to pull .code from. Currently only supports USA/JPN/EUR 11.5 or newer (will just skip if errors occur)
  • Better error handling overall
  • Script will continue over non-critical errors
  • Updated all homebrew
https://mega.nz/#!AJ8yDAJL!2eKQz8AQYCoRz2hdT8oWLpTtYfeFug9llP9QIXKQzl4
Let me know of any bugs you find!

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

MiiJack

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
It's been a while since I've touched this, but I've started messing with it again since I've started playing around with gm9 scripts again.
Currently have almost every change I wanted to implement originally. With the added structure in the scripts I can now properly determine which region the console is and set the appropriate location of certain files.
After these next few changes the only real thing I would want to add is some way to automatically find where dsp1 starts (via a hex match) in order to have it work with any version of MSET, and not just the latest. I don't think godmode9 currently has that ability though, so for now that idea is on the back burner.
Only problem right now is that I don't have a test console anymore and I don't have my compiling setup to compile the custom godmode9.
So for now while I get compiling up and running again, it would be awesome if people could beta test the build below.
This go around I'm using the standard ntrboot version of boot9strap that loads boot.firm.
Should be simple to test. Extract the zip to your flashcard microSD, boot with ntrboot, that should load into godmode9, and from there hit the home button, select scripts, then select Install_NTRPack.

Current changes:
  • Fixed up the secret sector check. It will detect if you are running on a n3ds, check secret sector, then notify you if you wish to continue. It will also attempt a repair if you have secret_sector.bin in the boot9strap folder. Either way, if it fails it will still continue installation as it's not that important once you install b9s.
  • Greatly improved dspfirm.cdc dumping code, which will auto-detect the correct MSET .app to to pull .code from. Currently only supports USA/JPN/EUR 11.5 or newer (will just skip if errors occur)
  • Better error handling overall
  • Script will continue over non-critical errors
  • Updated all homebrew
https://mega.nz/#!AJ8yDAJL!2eKQz8AQYCoRz2hdT8oWLpTtYfeFug9llP9QIXKQzl4
Let me know of any bugs you find!
I don't know if you're still bothering with this, but when I test this, it gives "line 6: unknown cmd".
Thanks for this by the way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4