Hardware ZR button goes "duuuuuuuunggggg"

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Both you and the OP are from America right? Presuming your flags are right.

Noticing a lot of the Switch problems are coming from American users, wondering if either whoever handled American Switches during shipping handled them poorly or if a different factory produces American Switches, they're made with a lower build-quality for whatever reason.

I may be completely wrong here, just posting my observations.
Yes, I'm from America. Sure feels nice to know Nintendo's okay with "cheaping out" on us 'Muricans!

EDIT: And a Canadian is experiencing similar issues. The plot thickens.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting. Both you and the OP are from America right? Presuming your flags are right.

Noticing a lot of the Switch problems are coming from American users, wondering if either whoever handled American Switches during shipping handled them poorly or if a different factory produces American Switches, they're made with a lower build-quality for whatever reason.

Whiney Americans hahaha!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yea I've had my share of problems too...

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
It's like a duuung metallic sound when I press it. The ZL button does it but much less so.

It's just heavily annoying.

Is there a way to fix this? Thank you
I actually like metallic sounds, like those of a mechanical keyboard, so I would kill to have your switch or any switch for that matter :D

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

My theory is that while the components were of course manufactured by machines, much of the assembly was done by humans. Whether that was to save money or because Nintendo thought it would produce better results overall, I have no idea. As far as build quality, my Switch has no issues at all, much depends on batch I'm sure.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost sounds like... tapping a metal can with a needle?

Or closing and opening a zippo.

It's just... I hear the noise when I press it and it totally distracts me from gameplay. Not to mention it's significantly louder than ZL. Ugggh I'm frustrated

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Almost sounds like... tapping a metal can with a needle?

Or closing and opening a zippo.

It's just... I hear the noise when I press it and it totally distracts me from gameplay. Not to mention it's significantly louder than ZL. Ugggh I'm frustrated

If it bothers you that much buy another set of joycon with 30day money back return, send your's back to Nintendo for warranty repair, and when you get them back return the joycon that you purchased. Profit...

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the most entertaining help/advice request I've ever seen. You don't need to describe what it sounds like, but does it trigger the moment you press the button? Does it make another sound or last after you let go? And lastly, does it occur even when you tap it lightly?

da1e85

Trophies
XP
If it bothers you that much buy another set of joycon with 30day money back return, send your's back to Nintendo for warranty repair, and when you get them back return the joycon that you purchased. Profit...
You could just wait for the joycons to turn up switch them other and send the loud ones back no need to wait for Nintendo then that's what I did with Amazon when I had a loose right joycon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Riceboards from Chiner

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get this on my right Joycon ZR. It sounds like metal smacking metal. It has not had an issue tho and it feels springy.

Last edited by YourHero,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.