Homebrew RELEASE ZeroTwoXCI - The XCI installer

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Title id: 0100E0F008E64000
Game:僕のヒーローアカデミア One's Justice (My Hero Academia One's Justice)
Error:0x0202....(something else, I cant remeber)
It does not install

Have you tried using the newest version of the installer?

Tried to install BotW and got this error (quoting because I'm dumb and forgot to take screenshots):

For every other XCI I've got this one:

My keys were genereted by shchmue kezplez fork. All XCI's used were trimmed, I'm fairly new to the Switch homebrew scene and didn't found anything about using trimmed XCI's, so I don't know if it is a problem.

I'm on OFW 6.0 (had to update to use exFAT sd card), but have a NAND backup from both 5.1 and 6.0.

Have you tried using the newest version of the installer?
Also have you tried untrimmed versions of the XCI's?

Reactions: Quantumcat

EliseZeroTwo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
good tool but there is some games not work after install like Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy and Mario Tennis Aces
I don't know what is the problem ?

but games like Nintendo ARMS - Axiom Verge -Dragon Quest Builders - Human Fall Flat -Labo Toy-Con 01 Variety Kit - Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 02 Robot Kit
All this installed and working !

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wtf is 2168 - 0002 this mean on GIF signature ?!

I fixed this, download the new nro in the thread.

Reactions: oufai

EliseZeroTwo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried to install BotW and got this error (quoting because I'm dumb and forgot to take screenshots):

For every other XCI I've got this one:

My keys were genereted by shchmue kezplez fork. All XCI's used were trimmed, I'm fairly new to the Switch homebrew scene and didn't found anything about using trimmed XCI's, so I don't know if it is a problem.

I'm on OFW 6.0 (had to update to use exFAT sd card), but have a NAND backup from both 5.1 and 6.0.

the problem with launching games seems to be from not having the right patches.

Dickdanger23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does downloading the new file in the thread fix this issue ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Some Help...
cant load test.ini
Whats the solution?
where is test.ini?
Did you get this fixed having the same issue

Attachments

• FA4D7155-7A97-4803-B831-5C8614B95212.jpeg
    FA4D7155-7A97-4803-B831-5C8614B95212.jpeg
    418.8 KB · Views: 296

HulkWogan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Excellent app, at about 70% success so far for me but Skyrim and Bomberman wouldn't bypass the "finished transferring" message, I left it for around an hour and it wasn't doing anything.

Reactions: ingsoc

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for this tool! going to be trying it out soon. followed old guides that used kezplez to backup my keys (when i first started using cfw), so i should be okay without doing anymore preparation.

EDIT: first game installed fine. thanks again for the tool, its amazing!

i know i can convert ahead of time on pc, but this is a lot more convenient.

Last edited by silvershadow,

coolfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update: I've Figured out why this is happening on some games and not on others, and it's because the xci file from cart contains two files a game and an update of the game. The game is being flashed with this installer but not the update which contains tik, certs and placeholders.

Just extracted the xci and installed the game and update nsp's separately and works fine.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update: I've Figured out why this is happening on some games and not on others, and it's because the xci file from cart contains two files a game and an update of the game. The game is being flashed with this installer but not the update which contains tik, certs and placeholders.

Just extracted the xci and installed the game and update nsp's separately and works fine.
Did you use some converter for XCI to nsp and got two NSPS? or when you extracted the XCI, there was just two NSPs in it? just curious how you "extracted XCI and installed the game and update nsps seperately.

These particular type of XCI's are probably a good candidate for a bug report/fix. some type of built in detecting for XCI's that have updates built in. what are some examples of some games that didnt install that have the update in the XCI?

coolfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you use some converter for XCI to nsp and got two NSPS? or when you extracted the XCI, there was just two NSPs in it? just curious how you "extracted XCI and installed the game and update nsps seperately.

These particular type of XCI's are probably a good candidate for a bug report/fix. some type of built in detecting for XCI's that have updates built in. what are some examples of some games that didnt install that have the update in the XCI?
Hi, I used 4NXCI to extract NSP's from XCI file, then used Tinfoil and part1 the game gave out the same error and then part2 the update continued and fixed it. It seems this xci installer does extract all the nca's but not installing all of them, it needs to install multi parts.

Last edited by coolfi,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I used 4NXCI to extract NSP's from XCI file, then used Tinfoil and part1 the game gave out the same error and then part2 the update continued and fixed it. It seems this xci installer does extract all the nca's but not installing all of them, it needs to install multi parts.

7DD753A52C8BB98273532E12463385BE36E85968

I don't see how the update partition would effect the game install unless you were running on a lower firmware than the game required?

Does this work on 3.0? Or is backup loading in general compatible for firmwares 5.0 and up?

As long as you have a cfw with sigpatches it should work for games requiring upto 3.0 firmwares, beyond that you would need 5.1 for all current games.

To update without burning fuses use choidujourNX + autorcm

Last edited by Adran_Marit,

coolfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I don't see how the update partition would effect the game install unless you were running on a lower firmware than the game required?
The game update not the firmware update, you can look it like as if the game comes in two parts and will not work without both of em being installed, where zerotwoxci only install part1 and stops with error, but I have individually installed both to make it work.

Last edited by coolfi,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The game update not the firmware update, you can look it like as if the game comes in two parts and will not work without both of em being installed, where zerotwoxci only install part1 and stops with error, but I have individually installed both to make it work.

@EliseZeroTwo Did you know about this??

Reactions: Quantumcat

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So it sounds like, XCIs are coming like the following:

Base Game
or
Base Game + Firmware Update
or
Base Game + Game Update + Firmware Update

I wonder if a newer revision of, for example, Zelda BOTW would have the scenario in question.

(please don't use what i'm saying as fact, just trying to get an understanding of what @coolfi is saying.)

4nxci change: "Added support for xcis with patch and addon"

Last edited by silvershadow,

coolfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So it sounds like, XCIs are coming like the following:

Base Game
or
Base Game + Firmware Update
or
Base Game + Game Update + Firmware Update

I wonder if a newer revision of, for example, Zelda BOTW would have the scenario in question.

(please don't use what i'm saying as fact, just trying to get an understanding of what @coolfi is saying.)

Yes that's right, and game I am using is Zelda BOTW and it has all 3 parts, Base Game + Game Update + Firmware Update, I had to update the firmware too from 4.0 to 4.1 which is what I have now, but no exfat, which I had to get from another game.

Reactions: silvershadow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: