Recover installed NSP?

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all! Paranoid about backups. For my XCI's I know I can just copy them back over from my SD cards (should my backup hdd die)
But what about NSP installs?

I install via tinfoil. If my backup HDD dies and I ONLY have the installed NSP's on the emunand, is there any way to get them back over to their original NSP format for future use?

Thanks!

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Hey all! Paranoid about backups. For my XCI's I know I can just copy them back over from my SD cards (should my backup hdd die)
But what about NSP installs?

I install via tinfoil. If my backup HDD dies and I ONLY have the installed NSP's on the emunand, is there any way to get them back over to their original NSP format for future use?

Thanks!
Yes, just dump them with nxdumptool.

https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/nxdumptool/releases

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks good! So this will allow me to be inside of emunand and dcopy the installed titles to NSP via usbC hard drive attached storage? Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

MTP mode and connected to your Computer.
Got it! Sorry for being a noob. So DBi MTP mode. The switch will show as a drive on the PC? Then all the installed titles, updates and DLC will just be displayed as NSP's to copy over?

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
looks good! So this will allow me to be inside of emunand and dcopy the installed titles to NSP via usbC hard drive attached storage? Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Got it! Sorry for being a noob. So DBi MTP mode. The switch will show as a drive on the PC? Then all the installed titles, updates and DLC will just be displayed as NSP's to copy over?
I recommend to give the readme a read, the mtp part in particular:

https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/blob/main/README_ENG.md#run-mtp-responder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto