• No

Votes: 27 27.0%

• Total voters

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Would anyone mind explaining the final puzzle in the PEC room? I ended up switching to easy as I couldn't comprehend it. Also, my game crashed in the PEC room once and kicked me to the home screen. I expected it to happen though so I wasn't too annoyed however I wasn't overly joyed either.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't matter kuz you will have to get the other endings to see the true ending. besides, don't you want to see all the endings?

Schezo92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone mind explaining the final puzzle in the PEC room? I ended up switching to easy as I couldn't comprehend it. Also, my game crashed in the PEC room once and kicked me to the home screen. I expected it to happen though so I wasn't too annoyed however I wasn't overly joyed either.
You're supposed to follow the color on the "8" using the notes you find, when you follow the color you'll find that if you trace your steps you kinda made a number, now what could that number be used for?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
'Bout 10 minutes ago I got Ten-theoldguy's ending. Damn that was touching.

I hated that ending. Mainly because

I was pissed that him and Quark betrayed me, so I made sure after that ending, that I did whatever I could to piss them off. I'd make sure that little shit Quark would get betrayed and everything. Though the ending of the game involving Tenmyouji will blow your mind, assuming you've played 999. It was about half way through my play time with the game when I suspected something was going on.

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
Spent all of Friday night playing through the rest of this game!

I managed to guess some of the reveals after playing half-ways through the game, though I really didn't expect the reveals about Luna and Sigma. Those were kind of a shock. This game is awesome! :D

I actually think Luna's ending might be my favorite, and she might even be my favorite character, possibly because she is the only character that never betrayed Sigma. The fact that almost all the other characters would sometimes seemingly randomly betray him annoyed me a little. :P So I always felt bad when I had to betray Luna to get all the endings...

Some other forum threads mentioned the game "Ever 17: The Out of Infinity" as a very good game in the similar style, written by the same head writer (Kotaro Uchikoshi). Anyone tried/heard of that game?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Spent all of Friday night playing through the rest of this game!

I managed to guess some of the reveals after playing half-ways through the game, though I really didn't expect the reveals about Luna and Sigma. Those were kind of a shock. This game is awesome! :D

I actually think Luna's ending might be my favorite, and she might even be my favorite character, possibly because she is the only character that never betrayed Sigma. The fact that almost all the other characters would sometimes seemingly randomly betray him annoyed me a little. :P So I always felt bad when I had to betray Luna to get all the endings...

Some other forum threads mentioned the game "Ever 17: The Out of Infinity" as a very good game in the similar style, written by the same head writer (Kotaro Uchikoshi). Anyone tried/heard of that game?
Yeah, I played it. It's a PC game, in case you didn't know. The regular endings (there are four of them) are a lot less actiony and more romance, but the true end is a proper mindfuck just like this and 999. It has no escape sequences, just a metric fuckton of text to read with an occasional choice to make. If you're going to play it, you should bring a box of tissues though. One of the regular endings is especially bad. If you like Visual Novels (i.e. games where all you do is read and make a choice or two occasionally) you should play it.
About the game itself: I'm not really sure who my favorite character is. It's probably a tie between Phi and Tenmyouji though. I'm not sure why, and even though he betrays you a couple of times, I just kind of like him. It's annoying how he's basically all "oh god quark" after the first door though.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I played it. It's a PC game, in case you didn't know. The regular endings (there are four of them) are a lot less actiony and more romance, but the true end is a proper mindfuck just like this and 999. It has no escape sequences, just a metric fuckton of text to read with an occasional choice to make. If you're going to play it, you should bring a box of tissues though. One of the regular endings is especially bad. If you like Visual Novels (i.e. games where all you do is read and make a choice or two occasionally) you should play it.
About the game itself: I'm not really sure who my favorite character is. It's probably a tie between Phi and Tenmyouji though. I'm not sure why, and even though he betrays you a couple of times, I just kind of like him. It's annoying how he's basically all "oh god quark" after the first door though.

I'm in love with Phi. Probably my favorite character in a game this year.

Tenmyouji can go eat a sack of balls. I found him extremely annoying and arrogant, and Quark to be useless. I mean, like I said before, there was no point in having a character part of the Nonary game if they're not able to play. Every single timeline he was useless. And when it came to Tenmyouji, (huge spoilers)

The fact that he's Junpei from 999 just baffles me as to why he became such a huge dick. Like what the hell happened to him between 2027 and whatever year it is now, 2075 or something like that? But apparently in the third game, Junpei is going to appear again, but this time he'll be a young man again, so perhaps it'll take place around 2035? Maybe it'll shed some light on what happened to him to turn into a douche bag.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm in love with Phi. Probably my favorite character in a game this year.

Tenmyouji can go eat a sack of balls. I found him extremely annoying and arrogant, and Quark to be useless. I mean, like I said before, there was no point in having a character part of the Nonary game if they're not able to play. Every single timeline he was useless. And when it came to Tenmyouji, (huge spoilers)

The fact that he's Junpei from 999 just baffles me as to why he became such a huge dick. Like what the hell happened to him between 2027 and whatever year it is now, 2075 or something like that? But apparently in the third game, Junpei is going to appear again, but this time he'll be a young man again, so perhaps it'll take place around 2035? Maybe it'll shed some light on what happened to him to turn into a douche bag.
If you ask me he only turned into a douchebag because he was worried about Quark really, which is understandable. Still annoying though. I think he'd have been MUCH better if Quark wasn't there. My most WTF moment of the entire game though: Alice when
she prime factorizes that fucking 25 digit number in under a second in her head. Seriously, what the fuck? The whole Ice-9 thing was never really explained either. I think one of the notes said it was a myth?
I liked the small easter eggs though, like being able to call a bunch of odd numbers with the phone. The ones I know: 6969, 8008, 3141 and some other number I forgot. It was mentioned in one of the secret reports though.

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I saw that Ever 17 has a bunch of releases on different consoles, but the PC version is the only one with an English release. And yeah, it does seem to have some "dating sim" look to it, which made me somewhat skeptical when looking it up, lol! Maybe I'll try it anyways, even though I just had many nights with too little sleep because I was playing VLR!

I do feel bad for Tenmyouji,
spending almost 50 years searching for Akane, and in the end getting disappointed when he finally finds her. If he didn't have Quark, maybe he would've been even more of a bitter old man! But yeah, Quark really never got any good scenes. Still, he was better off than the 9th man in 999.

And I agree with Arras on that scene with Alice, haha. xD As for the Ice-9 thing:
Alice's back story pretty much confirms that the Ice-9 thing was a myth, or at the very least that she was not involved. Didn't they at some point in the game say that H made the whole All-Ice/Ice-9 thing up or something?

Yeah the Easter Eggs and geek references were cool, though I must admit I feel like there were a bunch of references that I didn't get! Sometimes it's also hard to guess if a sentence might be a reference to something, or if it's just one of Phi's/Sigma's bad jokes. :P

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah the Easter Eggs and geek references were cool, though I must admit I feel like there were a bunch of references that I didn't get! Sometimes it's also hard to guess if a sentence might be a reference to something, or if it's just one of Phi's/Sigma's bad jokes. :P

Playing the game through again, you start to pick up on the little references to plot twists in the game, especially from stuff phi says. (END GAME SPOILERS)
she makes numerous references to the fact you are old, at one point in the game sigma comments on him only being a couple of years older, she says something along the lines of "Really? well you must of done alot of drugs to look like that" which is a beautiful little nod towards the sigma reveal at the end of the game

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, well those I got (at least some of them)!

What I meant was the references to other games/anime, like the Dragonball reference, the Captain Planet reference, and I have even played the "German farming simulator board game", haha! But I feel like there might have been other references to other games and anime that I didn't get. :P

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
So I liked the game and everything, and excuse me if it was previously mentioned, but something that confused me in VLR has been bugging me...
At the end, talking to Akane in that room as young Sigma about to go to the moon...she mentioned how he would later try to stop Radical-6 from getting out of the test site. Or did she mean he had already tried BEFORE going to the moon? Just the fact that he had cybernetic arms before he went to the moon and knew everything confused me a little. Unless it was Dec 25, 2028 Sigma's conciousness in the body that had not too long later gone to the test site...?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I liked the game and everything, and excuse me if it was previously mentioned, but something that confused me in VLR has been bugging me...
At the end, talking to Akane in that room as young Sigma about to go to the moon...she mentioned how he would later try to stop Radical-6 from getting out of the test site. Or did she mean he had already tried BEFORE going to the moon? Just the fact that he had cybernetic arms before he went to the moon and knew everything confused me a little. Unless it was Dec 25, 2028 Sigma's conciousness in the body that had not too long later gone to the test site...?
In the timeline, he more or less already tried to stop Radical-6, but probably failed or something. And I think he got his cybernetic arms during the Nevada test site thing.

Reactions: Presto99

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I just watched the OVA again, am I the only one who thinks this would be a great idea for a movie/show? Not entirely VLR, but if they made something that had all the same stuff and plot twists, but all new characters. A spinoff that still follows the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.