Votes: 27 27.0%

• Total voters

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
@ShadowSoldier
I haven't had any problems with the game except for one freeze in the infamous PEC room. And when I say freeze I mean pressing the power button wouldn't work anymore, home button didn't work anymore etc. The only way I could turn it off was by holding the power button.
I don't think that's related to the game as I've had it happen with Mario Kart 7 a while back, seems to be that the game card was knocked or something, then again, they may be completely unrelated.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bloody hell, I've only spent four and half hours on my game. I've gotten one "ending," so far which was one of them "To be continued...," screens. I've had more shifts at work than I originally thought I had so that's limited how much time I've had.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Bloody hell, I've only spent four and half hours on my game. I've gotten one "ending," so far which was one of them "To be continued...," screens. I've had more shifts at work than I originally thought I had so that's limited how much time I've had.
Haven't even started playing it yet. Just finished my exams today so hopefully I'll be starting it soon =D

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still want this game..

Hopefully it comes to the eShop, that way I won't need an ID to buy it and all that.

well, It is available in the EU eshop now, but I don't think that is useful to say...

anyway, I do prefer a physical copy of the game. It feels more like buying a game to me if I do. But I guess that is for everyone different.

oh , and Rising Star Games said, and Aksys too, that they were working on the save corrupting bug. don't know how long it takes, but at least it's a light in the darkness.
and I do think that because there is an eshop version of it, maybe there will come a patch for the bug. at least, I hope so.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyway, I do prefer a physical copy of the game. It feels more like buying a game to me if I do. But I guess that is for everyone different.
I would prefer a physical copy, but I don't know if I could talk my parents into buying it for me and I'm under 17 and have no ID so I'd rather just get a digital version.

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed for Zero Escape 3!

Don't read unless you've finished VLR.
Junpei will return for the next Zero Escape game.
Answering fans’ questions on Twitter, Zero Escape series director and writer Kotaro Uchikoshi disclosed that 999’s hero Junpei will participate in the next nonary game and will be young again. This third game is expected to delve into the mysteries of Radical-6 and Phi, too.
Also returning in the next Zero Escape release: Virtue’s Last Reward’s Dio and Tenmyouji. It sounds like Quark won’t have a cameo, though, as he will not have been born yet when the game takes place.
Taken from TinyCartridge.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Answering fans’ questions on Twitter, Zero Escape series director and writer Kotaro Uchikoshi disclosed that 999’s hero Junpei will participate in the next nonary game and will be young again. This third game is expected to delve into the mysteries of Radical-6 and Phi, too.
Also returning in the next Zero Escape release: Virtue’s Last Reward’s Dio and Tenmyouji. It sounds like Quark won’t have a cameo, though, as he will not have been born yet when the game takes place.

The final ending of VLR made it so obvious that it wasn't even funny. Literally, the only more obvious thing they could have done would be to write "WE'RE MAKING A ZERO ESCAPE 3" at the end of the game.

I don't get why everyone is reporting save bugs in the 3DS version. I got mine on launch USA day (more than a month ago) and I've had no problems. And looking at the bug people are reporting, I've saved and restarted in most rooms (I had to start and stop a bit while playing before) with no problems. I caught 2 overflows with text (text went out of textbox slightly) in two dialogues, but they were because the speaker was shouting and there were 3 lines of text in the same textbox. (all 3 lines were bigger than usual because of shouting)

Although, a few things I learned from this game are amazing :

- No one every touches their own hair (or scratches their own head in confusion)
- No building ever has mirrors
- Everyone knows about Schrödinger's cat
- Anyone can f*ck with your life as long as it's to help someone else without your consent

What really annoyed me was having to switch to Japanese VA each time I rebooted. I don't like dubs.

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did get a crash in the PEC room from fiddling with the locked door, and 5 seconds after the freeze, the 3DS kicked me into the home menu. I didn't save in puzzle rooms at all though, but I'm pretty sure the save bugs are imminent if you save in places that take up a lot of RAM, mainly the PEC room, Crew Quarters, and the final room (the dice start lagging when you play around with the puzzle too fast).

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it sad that during the first escape part (Very beginning) I've noticed a typo "You're find two types of items in the game" Really? Really?! How the hell do you mix up "You're" - You are - with "You'll" - You will -... It's even worse that the developers are supposed to be professionals. If the game has typos like that throughout it, it'll bug me.

Just adding that in the European version that only allows Jap VA, it isn't a bother to me as I tend to read much faster than they speak, as do most people.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why everyone is reporting save bugs in the 3DS version. I got mine on launch USA day (more than a month ago) and I've had no problems.

I also got mine on launch day and I lost 24 hours of play time by saving in that room. I saved the game, then kept playing. It crashed and I tried to load it again but my file was corrupt. After I went through it all again and eventually finished the game, I deleted my file and let a friend play the game. When she got to the PEC room it didn't freeze or crash at all, and it didn't corrupt her save (since she didn't save in that room).

So apparently, it doesn't always crash or freeze or corrupt your save.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
A quick question: Rising Star had reported that in their version of the game, the bug was fixed as they went through the code.
Can anyone confirm whether the save crash still occurs whilst using the Rising Star version (Eur)?

P

pasc

Zero-Escape-Virtues-Last-Reward.png

Sorry for my ignorance,but... who are those weirdos ?

BlackAngel5

Trophies
Website
sasugasugoi.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States

Well, we know that there will be a third game in the series, the real question is....when?
blink.png

Schezo92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Junpei being in the next Nonary game seems unlikely. Uchikoshi probably meant he'll be in the next Zero Escape but not as part of the actual 9 people cast.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
So for people who've played 999 and VLR, who did you like better, Sigma or Junpei?

Sigma by far, he's much funnier and much more perverted than the "it will be wet down there" junpei. I think the cast in general are alot better, hell, everything about this game is better.

The real question is if you were sigma, who would you wanna hook up with outta clover,alice,luna and phi?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sigma by far, he's much funnier and much more perverted than the "it will be wet down there" junpei. I think the cast in general are alot better, hell, everything about this game is better.

The real question is if you were sigma, who would you wanna hook up with outta clover,alice,luna and phi?

Really? I prefer the cast in 999. Alice is fucking annoying as hell, Luna is dull. Sigma is dumb and so on. The only person I like is Phi. Also this game is a bit of a let down for me. I mean, I prefer the style of 999, it was creepy. When someone was stabbed, I was shocked, in this game it's kind of expected, like you know when someone is going to die. Also VLR has a lot less blood than 999, it's retarded. It doesn't creep me out at all. 999 had everything perfect for me, even the setting was perfect. In here, I wish they didn't choose a building or whatever, it's too gray and dull looking. Dont get me wrong, it's a good game, but I prefer 999 so far in every way, better cast too.

Also, I've come to the conclusion that I somehow play this game better when I'm drunk. So far I've solved two rooms I get stuck in when I'm drunk. I don't remember how I solve them or even remember what the puzzles were. Like just now, I woke up to find I somehow solved the PEC room. No idea what the puzzles were... but eh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: the 2nd pic dun show much, just topdown view of the layout