• No

Votes: 27 27.0%

• Total voters

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Really? I prefer the cast in 999. Alice is fucking annoying as hell, Luna is dull. Sigma is dumb and so on. The only person I like is Phi. Also this game is a bit of a let down for me. I mean, I prefer the style of 999, it was creepy. When someone was stabbed, I was shocked, in this game it's kind of expected, like you know when someone is going to die. Also VLR has a lot less blood than 999, it's retarded. It doesn't creep me out at all. 999 had everything perfect for me, even the setting was perfect. In here, I wish they didn't choose a building or whatever, it's too gray and dull looking. Dont get me wrong, it's a good game, but I prefer 999 so far in every way, better cast too.

Also, I've come to the conclusion that I somehow play this game better when I'm drunk. So far I've solved two rooms I get stuck in when I'm drunk. I don't remember how I solve them or even remember what the puzzles were. Like just now, I woke up to find I somehow solved the PEC room. No idea what the puzzles were... but eh.

I agree about the "shock" factor on 999, especially the scenes involving snake but tbh i wasnt really expecting this to be a "creepy" game, i just wanted it to be a good story and in 999 i found myself only saying "WTF" maybe 2-3 times, in this game i was like "WTF" to every single ending or plot twist, thats what kept me interested and determined to keep playing to the end.

As for the cast, i dont see what was so memorable about them in 999, aside from snake and santa, i dont remember anyone being that interesting, this game however i found myself constantly wondering about the motivations of most of the cast, i agree alice is prolly the least interesting character in this game but the same cant be said for any of the others imo.

Also if drinking helps you solve puzzles, make sure you stock up with plenty of booze for the very last puzzle room. Trust me. :blink:

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree about the "shock" factor on 999, especially the scenes involving snake but tbh i wasnt really expecting this to be a "creepy" game, i just wanted it to be a good story and in 999 i found myself only saying "WTF" maybe 2-3 times, in this game i was like "WTF" to every single ending or plot twist, thats what kept me interested and determined to keep playing to the end.

As for the cast, i dont see what was so memorable about them in 999, aside from snake and santa, i dont remember anyone being that interesting, this game however i found myself constantly wondering about the motivations of most of the cast, i agree alice is prolly the least interesting character in this game but the same cant be said for any of the others imo.

Also if drinking helps you solve puzzles, make sure you stock up with plenty of booze for the very last puzzle room. Trust me. :blink:
No, not that Alice is not interesting, she's just annoying, well her voice. She's a useless character, should have added someone else.

999 had a great a cast. I loved the Cop and his story, that childhood friend of Junpei, because I always wanted to team up with her. I cared for the characters. In VLR, I hate Tenmyouji or however you spell his name, his useless grandson Quark who.. lets be honest, why are they even in the game if they're never going to play it? Clover is also annoying. K is a boring, Luna is dull and Dio is a douche. But out of all of them, Dio is the only interesting one. I couldn't care less about any of them.

To me, this game falls short compared to 999. 999 had a fantastic story and setting, and so far, this thing is getting more and more feeling like a chore. Maybe if it was in a different setting, it might work out, because in 999 you were on a "sinking ship". And all the scenes felt like the inside of a ship. I'm going to play this game to the end, it's fun, but not as fun as 999. 999 at least had me up at nights because it spooked me. This.. well.. hasn't done anything. Also, it needs more gruesome scenes.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Honestly it wasn't that bad. The main puzzle was solvable by guessing if you wanted to and the rest wasn't that hard. The only hard thing in there was that fucking puzzle with the dice. It was near impossible >_>

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
What happens when you get to a 'Lock'? I've come up to lock no.4 and I basically got kicked out of the game and sent back to the start (Requiring me to use the flowchart to access a different pathway)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What happens when you get to a 'Lock'? I've come up to lock no.4 and I basically got kicked out of the game and sent back to the start (Requiring me to use the flowchart to access a different pathway)
Basically you can't get past the lock until you have seen a different ending which provides you with the answer to the question brought up in that lock.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It means you have to do a different path to get something in there that will make your locks go further. For example, if you do Luna's pathway, you get stopped until you do K's ending and another ending. When you do, the story in the locked pathway progresses.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
It means you have to do a different path to get something in there that will make your locks go further. For example, if you do Luna's pathway, you get stopped until you do K's ending and another ending. When you do, the story in the locked pathway progresses.
Thank you both for the quick answers!
Basically you can't get past the lock until you have seen a different ending which provides you with the answer to the question brought up in that lock.
Thank you both for the quick answers!

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would prefer a physical copy, but I don't know if I could talk my parents into buying it for me and I'm under 17 and have no ID so I'd rather just get a digital version.

I didn't thought about it that in some countries it may be a lot harder to get games when you are under age. in the netherlands they actually don't care about it.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I REALLY want this game. Should I go for it right away, or play 999 first?

I mean, you dont exactly meed to play 999 to play VLR as VLR does a great job of explaining things, but I feel 999 is the better game, more memorable characters and story (so far, I almost have the true ending). And it also ends up being a lot more creepy. But if you cant find 999 and dont want to pirate it, get VLR.

SFS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I gave up on buying this game. It's very hard to find, and I don't have an international credit card to import it.

Really hope that Aksys releases the game on US eShop.

Kuroko Shirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I gave up on buying this game. It's very hard to find, and I don't have an international credit card to import it.

Really hope that Aksys releases the game on US eShop.

Odd, I see like 2 copies of this sitting in this game store I went to the other day...

I also saw them selling 999 with the new cover but I already finished that game.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
I just found out about this game and am kinda curious, might check out 999. Is it a game where your choice of actions affects how the story goes and how it ends?
Absolutely, the game has pathways that depend on your choices. After completing an ending, you move on to the next by choosing a different pathway. Hope I helped.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just found out about this game and am kinda curious, might check out 999. Is it a game where your choice of actions affects how the story goes and how it ends?

Yes. Well. it's hard to explain. These games, when characters die and what not, it isn't just tossed to the side and you're trying to find the real ending, when a character dies, that actually is part of the overall story. It's hard to explain, but nothing is worthless.

Anyways, just beat this game, I have to say, that this is a mindfuck. It makes Inception look like a bitch. I mean, they added the story of 999, and pumped it full of steroids.

Also,
I HATE AKANE! THAT BITCH IS CRAZY! My only downside is I was hoping it would continue a story with Junpei looking for Akane, and this was a bit of a let down.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also,
I HATE AKANE! THAT BITCH IS CRAZY! My only downside is I was hoping it would continue a story with Junpei looking for Akane, and this was a bit of a let down.
In the 999 QA thing, the writer said
Junpei would never find Akane, and would search for her until the end of his miserable life.
this spoiler is for 999, don't read it unless you've beaten it

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the 999 QA thing, the writer said
Junpei would never find Akane, and would search for her until the end of his miserable life.
this spoiler is for 999, don't read it unless you've beaten it

He may not be implying this on the scale of several timelines set by VLR. If what Sigma does creates an alternate timeline out of Radical-6, then maybe Junpei will see her, young even!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk