Zero Escape: The Nonary Games releases on March 24, 2017

ss_aac9432c5f90ad76feac59f024206a0396b4dc72.600x338.jpg

The HD remake of the classic DS game, 999, alongside its sequel, Virtue's Last Reward, will be hitting Steam on March 24th worldwide. The game will also be coming to PS Vita and PS4, but Aksys Games has not provided a release time frame for those platforms at this time. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games's version of 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors adds high res graphics and new English and Japanese voice acting.

Kidnapped and taken to an unfamiliar location, nine people find themselves forced to participate in a diabolical Nonary Game by an enigmatic mastermind called Zero. Why were they there? Why were they chosen to put their lives on the line as part of a dangerous life and death game? Who can be trusted? Tensions rise as the situation becomes more and more dire, and the nine strangers must figure out how to escape before they wind up dead.

• Two spine-tingling Nonary Games
    Zero welcomes you to take part in both the Nonary Game and the Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition as the award-winning escape-the-room visual novels Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (999) and its sequel, Virtue’s Last Reward (VLR), are together for the first time.
  • A remastered and revamped Nine Hours
    The well-received classic Nintendo DS game 999 has been updated with hi-res graphics and a variety of new features including both Japanese and English voice acting!
  • Seek a way out
    Search for clues within numerous locked rooms and solve mind-bending puzzles in order to escape. VLR even has two difficulty settings for more of a challenge.
  • Fascinating theories and pseudo science ideas abound along the twisting, turning journey to uncover who Zero is, why everyone was kidnapped, and the shocking connection between the Nonary Games.

:arrow: Source

Albireo6972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to this, I have been playing this series since the initial release on the DS. So it will be interesting to play 999 with voice acting, and new features. That does remind me that I need to complete my watch collection, I just need the yellow, blue, and green watches from VLR. I was lucky enough to get the other watches from 999, the red one from VLR, and the one from ZTD.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
i hope they sell 3 versions of them on steam

1. 999 on its own
2. VLR on its own
3. Both games together as a bundle

the reason why is because ive already played VLR on Vita and ZTD on PC so all want from this release is 999 HD

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hopefully they keep the interface and graphics close to the originals and only improve the level of detail since ZTD is the ugliest (and otherwise worst) episode for me.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where's the switch version? Did Nintendo rejected it for the moment to escape the fate of Vita becoming a galgame console?

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Where's the switch version? Did Nintendo rejected it for the moment to escape the fate of Vita becoming a galgame console?

I think they just realized they can make some money by porting their games to PC whith a little polish put on it, nothing more.
It's not just them, recently there is a trend of devs waking up to the fact that there's money to be made on PC with formerly console only games.

Albireo6972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear Lord I love these games so much.

But I already own them on the DS/3DS. Do I really need them on PS4 and PC?

...yes, yes I do.

Lol, I am in the same boat. Even though I own them on DS/3DS, I want to support the devs and creator for sure, so I will buy them again.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of them. What's so good about interactive novels anyway? If I was in the mood to read something well playing a game, i'd finish Tales of Heart R.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Never heard of them. What's so good about interactive novels anyway? If I was in the mood to read something well playing a game, i'd finish Tales of Heart R.
It's a bit more involved than that, it's not just an eBook with pictures. The game consists of escape room-style puzzles and loads of moral choices, often times with multiple solutions, each resulting in a different line of story progression and a different ending. Unlocking all of them is the key to finishing the game. It's a genre of its own, really - I highly recommend the series.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still think PS4's an odd choice, given the lack of a ZTD release for the platform. Regardless, I'm glad I don't have to deal with the blank stares I get when telling people to pick up a DS or iPhone for 999.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Still think PS4's an odd choice, given the lack of a ZTD release for the platform. Regardless, I'm glad I don't have to deal with the blank stares I get when telling people to pick up a DS or iPhone for 999.
Uhm... That's precisely why you'd want to release a game on a platform - because it's not on it yet. You have a whole new audience to sell your game to, and the PS4 is currently the leading platform. It would be weird if they *didn't* port it to the system.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhm... That's precisely why you'd want to release a game on a platform - because it's not on it yet. You have a whole new audience to sell your game to, and the PS4 is currently the leading platform. It would be weird if they *didn't* port it to the system.
The problem is that they're porting the first two games to PS4 without the last one - Zero Time Dilemma is on Steam and Vita already, but PS4 owners who get into the series from this release would either have to buy the last game on PC or handheld, or hope that eventually it gets ported to the PS4 as well. Given the largely negative reactions from the fanbase, it's entirely possible that ZTD never gets a PS4 release if Spike Chunsoft doesn't feel it'll be profitable.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got tired of this kind of game overtime.. but a HD remake seems like a good move to me. Maybe I'll even check it again some day... maybe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1