Gaming Zelda Breath of the Wild is a really good Game, but worst Zelda Experience

How is Zelda BotW to you?

• great game in general, but bad zelda game

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • great zelda game, but bad game in general

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • great game in general and great zelda game

Votes: 35 39.3%
  • bad game and bad zelda experience

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • game is a trash

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • game is epic

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • its ok

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • meh

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • neutral

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO, it's not worth arguing over whether it's a "true Zelda experience" - I'd say it is. Or, well, it's a new kind of Zelda experience. It may lack hallmarks of other Zeldas, but for all that it may miss, it brings a whole lot new and interesting to the table, making it a rather unique and enjoyable experience. There's a good reason why contemporary games take so much influence from it (I see Immortals: Fenyx Rising and Genshin Impact compared to BOTW all the damn time)

It's okay if you personally don't like it. (I get it, being contrarian is hip and cool.) But it is a true Zelda experience, like it or not. It's just a new one, in the same way Ocarina of Time differs from Zelda 1.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

khanime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The biggest thing for me was the lack of structure and dungeons. The 4 animals seem cool and all but there's not rally much there in the way of puzzles and mystery. Not to mention the bosses. Sure they all attack and look slightly differently, but there's not a huge amount of creativity compared to say Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess.

antonyfirst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was disappointed by two things: shrines, empty and boring. And the lack of enemy variety. I hope both things will be addressed in BOTW2.

I want my Ocarina-like dungeons back!

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like wow, its annoying hearing people complainef about Breath of the Wild lacking dungeons. Let Breath of the Wild be breath of the Wild and shut up and go play your baby Zelda games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: My original one +1