• Start date
  • Views 74,896
  • Replies 584

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BOTW wiiU is downgraded on purpose, so are the framedrops, just to sell the switch and say "hey, it's better here"
Pretty sure that framerate issues will be fixed in the Switch version but not o the WiiU version, puropsely.
If that was actually true, the Switch version wouldn't have nearly as many framedrops as it does. Nice tinfoil hat though.

F4LK

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How's the framerate to those who played/finished it already after the update?
Don't wanna go through 30 pages xP
Yes, i'm that lazy

Didn't had a chance to install the game yet.

Reactions: naddel81

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How's the framerate to those who played/finished it already after the update?
Don't wanna go through 30 pages xP
Yes, i'm that lazy

Didn't had a chance to install the game yet.

framerate is playable. it feels like OOT on N64. sometimes it is "smooth" at 30 fps. and sometimes it dips to 15 or even 10. not often, but predictable. villages, many enemies: framedrops on both switch and Wii U.

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If that was actually true, the Switch version wouldn't have nearly as many framedrops as it does. Nice tinfoil hat though.
People literally only spread this claim because they removed the (useless) second screen map feature.

framerate is playable. it feels like OOT on N64. sometimes it is "smooth" at 30 fps. and sometimes it dips to 15 or even 10. not often, but predictable. villages, many enemies: framedrops on both switch and Wii U.
According to DF, the games lock to multiples of 10fps. I think if it was multiples of 5 or 2, things would be a lot smoother.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
People literally only spread this claim because they removed the (useless) second screen map feature.

According to DF, the games lock to multiples of 10fps. I think if it was multiples of 5 or 2, things would be a lot smoother.
it's not that it locks to multiples of 10, it locks to dividers of 60 to keep vsync working at all times - ie, 30, 20, 15, (12?,) 10. Almost all of the framedrops seem to be 20fps though.

Reactions: famouslutt

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got the game to temporarily lock up, quite badly. For some reason, smacking around a Moblin with a greatsword can make the game freeze for about 10 seconds XD . It's only the Moblins I've noticed this with... Now, to the game's credit, this only started happening after leaving it running for about 30 hours without stopping. Who knows what kind of junk built up in the game's memory in that amount of time.

Graham182

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone else getting this kind of thing?
20170307_095514_zpsr9nkro48.jpg
20170307_095441_zpskh5wit1x.jpg

I might try a usb stick as it would probably be faster than the hdd.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20170307_095514_zpsr9nkro48.jpg
20170307_095441_zpskh5wit1x.jpg

Bad textures it seems. Perhaps you have a corrupt archive. Try the USB stick (though my HDD works just fine). If you get the same issue, try redownloading your files and installing the fresh copy instead of the one you have now.

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's not that it locks to multiples of 10, it locks to dividers of 60 to keep vsync working at all times - ie, 30, 20, 15, (12?,) 10. Almost all of the framedrops seem to be 20fps though.
Oh, that makes more sense. Now that I think about it, 25fps would look a bit odd on a 60Hz screen.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

In addition to the above, maybe check to see how hot your console is getting, rainbow artifacts can indicate overheating, though you wouldn't usually see it so uniform like that.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In addition to the above, maybe check to see how hot your console is getting, rainbow artifacts can indicate overheating, though you wouldn't usually see it so uniform like that.

Even after hours of continuous gaming I can barely feel my console or HDD (which is lying on top of the wiiU) getting warm.

Reactions: daxtsu

famouslutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Almost all of the framedrops seem to be 20fps though

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought, too. Still not brilliant, though, but all of the frame drops have happened in villages, not in the "wild" where it matters moar.

For some reason, smacking around a Moblin with a greatsword can make the game freeze for about 10 seconds XD

Wow, never had the game freeze. Moblins are those tall, horsey dudes, right? Cos I just smacked two of them around w/ no issues!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch