Gaming Zelda 4 swords DSi

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thaddius said:
I have four GBAs, a 4-player cable, and a copy of the game with three flash carts and I've never been able to successfully organize a single session. I always wanted to access that last dungeon in LttP.
frown.gif

Hopefully this game being free and being wireless will make it a little more accessible.

FYI, I remember that there was some sort of action replay code or patch that allowed you to get into the extra dungeon without other people. It just made the dungeon a little bit more challenging because you either couldn't control the other Links or could only control one of them at a time or something (don't remember).

Just saying, it's probably still out there if you wanted to go back and try it.

And I never understood why Nintendo never bothered to do this with the DS before now. Seriously, it's been about five years, and if the DS can handle games like Maple Story, Mariokart, and Harvest Moon over the wireless, it could handle Four Swords too.

Also:
QUOTEwell online + nintendo, is already shakey, throw in voice chat, on a handheld and shit goes downhill

They're not planning on allowing voice chat on this, I'd imagine. It would inevitably end up pissing off the parents of a lot of little kids, and would be a field day for the media.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
xanth said:
Also:
QUOTE said:
well online + nintendo, is already shakey, throw in voice chat, on a handheld and shit goes downhill

They're not planning on allowing voice chat on this, I'd imagine. It would inevitably end up pissing off the parents of a lot of little kids, and would be a field day for the media.
We know, they said nothing about adding anything, but wireless.
If you read the previous comments you'd know why the conversation got there

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
SonicXXXthehedgehog said:
They're not going to release a free game and add content to it. The wireless is a must since link cables are no longer supported
It's the GBA version, which means you need a friend with the game to play AT ALL. No single player, there's a reason why they didn't call it Four swords Adventure at E3

A GBA game released as DSiWare? Okay, there's got to be a catch. I doubt it's a direct port of the GBA version. Why? Well, that's because it wasn't exactly a 'stand-alone' game. Now, I do understand that this is the GBA campaign. However, who is to say that single player WON'T be implemented? You're thinking of one possibility, when in fact there could be hundreds.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
xanth said:
FYI, I remember that there was some sort of action replay code or patch that allowed you to get into the extra dungeon without other people. It just made the dungeon a little bit more challenging because you either couldn't control the other Links or could only control one of them at a time or something (don't remember).
Huh, there was no extra dungeon where you could play with others, only the one in the pyramide where, at the end, you fight 3 Links.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Mchief298 said:
SonicXXXthehedgehog said:
They're not going to release a free game and add content to it. The wireless is a must since link cables are no longer supported
It's the GBA version, which means you need a friend with the game to play AT ALL. No single player, there's a reason why they didn't call it Four swords Adventure at E3

A GBA game released as DSiWare? Okay, there's got to be a catch. I doubt it's a direct port of the GBA version. Why? Well, that's because it wasn't exactly a 'stand-alone' game. Now, I do understand that this is the GBA campaign. However, who is to say that single player WON'T be implemented? You're thinking of one possibility, when in fact there could be hundreds.
The whole point of Four swords was to play with more than one person.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/13/get-y...28Siliconera%29

QUOTE said:
Get Your Free Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition On September 28Have a Nintendo 3DS or a DSi? Then you’re entitled to download The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition for free. Users can claim their free game starting on September 28 and until February 20, 2012.

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition is based on the Game Boy Advance version of The Four Swords. Nintendo updated the game with wireless play and a single player mode where you can switch between Links by pressing X.

Sounds interesting.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Singleplayer? YES! Now I can finally actually play this game. I was disappointed that FSA did this but FS didn't and I've been wanting to play this for years.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
I hoped I could play this with regular DS Lite
frown.gif

I like that they added switching between links like they did on NGC four swords advantures. It is good thing because it is very hard to get 4 people with GBA in room with NGC.
forever-alone.jpg

Little offtopic: BTW did anyone else think advantures was just mixed up graphics from every zelda game?

D

Deleted-236924

Mario92 said:
Little offtopic: BTW did anyone else think advantures was just mixed up graphics from every zelda game?
I did.
Looks like a mix of ALttP and FS graphics.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
gotta ask a serious question.........

my DSi is firmware 1.4.1 (before SudokuHax memory explouit was patched)

AceKard has Alex Rider for icon

have Sudokuhax but not the newest final one...

should I update so I can get the freebie gem?
unsure.gif

D

Deleted-236924

Mario92 said:
Pingouin7 said:
Mario92 said:
I did.
Looks like a mix of ALttP and FS graphics.
More like ALttP, MC, WW and some from OOT
rolleyes.gif
I only saw screenshots that showed it having a mix of ALttP and FS graphics.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
stanleyopar2000 said:
gotta ask a serious question.........

my DSi is firmware 1.4.1 (before SudokuHax memory explouit was patched)

AceKard has Alex Rider for icon

have Sudokuhax but not the newest final one...

should I update so I can get the freebie gem?
unsure.gif
My DSi is 1.4.3, has launch Sudokuhax on it. If you can update your Acekard, you should be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"