Hacking Zelda 4 Swords and Gateway

  • Thread starter Thread starter Runehasa
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 24,317
  • Replies Replies 117

Runehasa

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
303
Reaction score
136
Trophies
1
Location
Ohio
XP
1,311
Country
United States
Ok so if anyone didnt know right now the Nintendo e-shop is giving away Zelda the 4 swords for free for the next 4 days. With that being said has anyone had any luck playing this game via emunand or using a gateway enabled 3ds in general. Whenever I try to start it up I just get a black screen

This leads me to my other question as I am planning on buying Phoenix Wright soon for 30 bucks but would hate to do so if it doesnt work Via emunand. Can anyone confirm if Phoenix Wright Dual destinies does indeed work under Emunand?
 
The Zelda 4 Swords doesn't work due to it being a DSi-Ware game. No DS games, DSi-Ware titles, or internet play(multiplayer) will work while in Gateway mode/emunand.

I would assume that the Phoenix Wright game will play as it's a 3ds title, but I cannot confirm that it (or any downloaded 3ds game) will work. Somebody else will need to help you out with that.
 
Yeah, the Phoenix Wright game does work on Emunand. I've been able to play the game no problem. You can download the demo if you really wanna check if it actually works.
 
Online and multiplayer does work on GW's Emunand as long as you're using a retail/eshop game. i.e. I bought the DLC for the eshop version of PW: DD, I also play online multiplayer on eshop PKMN-Y.

GW's Classic Emunand should work exactly like an original 3DS. (except for DS(i)-mode software)
 
It's DSiware, so you can't.
Also it doesn't seem to be available for me. Is this a US only thing?
I think Huntereb meant to play Zelda 4 Swords on the blue card with a GBA emulator, but even then, GBA emulation isnt that great on any flashcart other than a DSTWO
 
I thought DSiWare worked on the R4s, my mistake. But yeah, you could try it on one of the numerous GBA emulators they have for R4's.
 
I looked at the website and It seems like they are adding a lot of new features. I'd Like to get the up to date version but I don't think it would be worth updating my nand just for one game. Do we know if these kind of games might be homebrewed in one day or is that impossible?
 
is there a way to download on emunand then transfer over to your real nand?


As soon as you leave EmuNand after downloading the game, it'll be available on your SysNand. As for being able to play it, that depends on if it isn't made for a newer SDK.
 
is there a way to download on emunand then transfer over to your real nand?

I'm not sure if this is possible. You might be able to copy the game to your sd card in emunand, then copy it back to your real nand.

Why would you want to do that? Or do you mean moving your downloads to another 3ds with a real NAND?

If you could transfer DSi-ware games to your real nand, then it might be possible to play them on your 3DS. This is why I would want to do it.
 
As soon as you leave EmuNand after downloading the game, it'll be available on your SysNand. As for being able to play it, that depends on if it isn't made for a newer SDK.

In sysnand, you can't play anything that was purchased on emunand. They show up in the system menu (except for dsiware which is stored in emunand itself), but they're not playable.
 
As soon as you leave EmuNand after downloading the game, it'll be available on your SysNand. As for being able to play it, that depends on if it isn't made for a newer SDK.

This works with apps such as the Netflix or Youtube channels, but not dsi-ware games. I just checked to see if 4 Swords would appear on my real nand, but it doesn't.
 
I thought DSiWare worked on the R4s, my mistake. But yeah, you could try it on one of the numerous GBA emulators they have for R4's.


Unfortunately, that is not the case. The GBA version is just a port of Linke to the Past with 4-swords included as a bonus. It is unplayable without the link cable. The version in the eShop has been updated to allow for a single player mode.

I am glad that I stopped by to check out the site today. I wouldn't have wanted to miss this.

Now my Zelda collection is almost complete and I can play all the Zelda's prior to the Gamecube except Majora's Mask on my Zelda XL.

Now, I just need to find those CD-I games and a descent emulator. . . I heard that The Wand of Gamelon was even better than Ocarina of Time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tbgtbg
This works with apps such as the Netflix or Youtube channels, but not dsi-ware games. I just checked to see if 4 Swords would appear on my real nand, but it doesn't.
If you transfer it to the SD card while on emuNAND, can the realNAND see it?
 
Unfortunately, that is not the case. The GBA version is just a port of Linke to the Past with 4-swords included as a bonus. It is unplayable without the link cable. The version in the eShop has been updated to allow for a single player mode.

I am glad that I stopped by to check out the site today. I wouldn't have wanted to miss this.

Now my Zelda collection is almost complete and I can play all the Zelda's prior to the Gamecube except Majora's Mask on my Zelda XL.

Now, I just need to find those CD-I games and a descent emulator. . . I heard that The Wand of Gamelon was even better than Ocarina of Time.
Not to mention that u can also play it wirelessly with other people. Just a note.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted