Hacking Yugioh freezes on AK2

yazpan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I play Yugioh nightmare troubadour, on some opponents, the game would freeze in the middle and there's nothing I can do but restart. As I get deeper into the game it happens more often, especially during the shadow games. Anyone has any explanation/advice for me?

Also, I used to have a kingston made in JP 2gb, and everything worked fine (don't remeber if i had the same problem of the yugioh freeze as now though) meaning the file list would load up fast, but now I had to change to the Sandisk 2gb sd card due to various reasons, and it takes a good 7 seconds After the DS menu just to load up the file list on the AK2 menu.

Any help from you guys would be so appreciated!

ROM Troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try...

1) Searching previous posts regarding the game and AK2 on this forum and at Acekards site.
2) Disable the Patch settings.
3) Change the save type.
4) Use custom firmware.

(I don't have experience with this game.)

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a 2gb sandisk (well i had - gave to the missus sdsdq-2048-e11mk) and it was just as fast as the 1gb 'jap kingston' from dealextreme which is possibly a fake.
Anyway, only real problems i encountered was with TWEWY.
If it takes 7secs then i am guessing you have it in fat32? I noticed a big difference in menu load times but not really anything in performance of the games. Perhaps fat16 would be the difference in your case?
Not tried this rom but had loaded the 2008 yugioh on 1gb - possibly works on anything but maybe gives a clue if not.

yazpan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jabjab said:
i have a 2gb sandisk (well i had - gave to the missus sdsdq-2048-e11mk) and it was just as fast as the 1gb 'jap kingston' from dealextreme which is possibly a fake.
Anyway, only real problems i encountered was with TWEWY.
If it takes 7secs then i am guessing you have it in fat32? I noticed a big difference in menu load times but not really anything in performance of the games. Perhaps fat16 would be the difference in your case?
Not tried this rom but had loaded the 2008 yugioh on 1gb - possibly works on anything but maybe gives a clue if not.
Yea before I put the games on the card, I formated it to FAT32, should i re do it to FAT16 and it will possibly help?

And what do you guys mean by changing the oatches, sav type and using custom firmware. Sorry im new to this, but im trying to learn.

ROM Troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes with an sdcard less than 4GB you can use FAT16 or FAT32. You can probably force FAT16 on a 4GB or higher sd card but Windows XP doesn't give me that option.

Press the NDSL Start button or click (w/ stylus) on the Start button displayed in the touch screen. Then select Patches from the list. A pop-up dialog box will show three items you can change. Disable all three for the highest game compatibility. By default, all three should be disabled but I didn't know at the time of my previous post if you had enabled any of the patches.

For changing save types, highlight the ROM then press Y(its Y on AKRPG, not sure on AK2 at the moment). You'll see another pop-up dialog box, press Y again. Change the save type and OK. Try the ROM. If it doesn't work, go back and try another save type. I haven't fooled around with changing save types yet, but there are some threads here and at the acekard forum where certain save types are recommended to get certain ROMs working. I think 2M/4M is popular to try, it's the largest amount to designate for a game save. Not sure how the default save file size is chosen, either Acekard reads it from the ROM image or they code it into the firmware. But you'll see that ROMs you haven't run yet will show different default save file sizes. Cheers!

yazpan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ROM Troll said:
Yes with an sdcard less than 4GB you can use FAT16 or FAT32. You can probably force FAT16 on a 4GB or higher sd card but Windows XP doesn't give me that option.

Press the NDSL Start button or click (w/ stylus) on the Start button displayed in the touch screen. Then select Patches from the list. A pop-up dialog box will show three items you can change. Disable all three for the highest game compatibility. By default, all three should be disabled but I didn't know at the time of my previous post if you had enabled any of the patches.

For changing save types, highlight the ROM then press Y(its Y on AKRPG, not sure on AK2 at the moment). You'll see another pop-up dialog box, press Y again. Change the save type and OK. Try the ROM. If it doesn't work, go back and try another save type. I haven't fooled around with changing save types yet, but there are some threads here and at the acekard forum where certain save types are recommended to get certain ROMs working. I think 2M/4M is popular to try, it's the largest amount to designate for a game save. Not sure how the default save file size is chosen, either Acekard reads it from the ROM image or they code it into the firmware. But you'll see that ROMs you haven't run yet will show different default save file sizes. Cheers!
Thanks!!! Changing from FAT32 to FAT16 helped my menu speed, But Yugioh still gets stuck at certain places. I also changed the patches to disable (I only had the soft reset enabled) and it still didn't work. And your thrid option doesn't really work for the AK2, when I press Y, it shows me the properties of the ROm, but when I press Y again like you told me to, nothing happens...

Anyone else can help? How can I change the Save file on the AK2?

yazpan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the help guys, not I have one more game that gets frozen in the middle, proffesor Layton and the curious village. (for anyeone who is familiar with it, it the part where the see the ferris wheel, and the little video starts, and when it's chasing them. When the proffessor dives and screams LUKE the game freezes,) I tried all the above suggestions like changing SAV files for it, yet it didn't help.

Same thing goes for the YU gi Oh game, I did all the above suggestions and yet it didn't help.

I don't understand how ppl say somehting has perfect compatibility when so mnay games get stuck in the middle of the stroyline

thk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried Porfessor Layton and the sequence you described, my AK2 and my Kingston 1GB played it perfectly.

Conclusion: your microSD is trash. Period.

yazpan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then I should probably buy a new one, but i should probably buy a 4gb one since the 2gb is already full.

Is there a cheap place to buy a good 4gb micro sd card? the cheapest i can find is at DX where they have a kingston made in Japan 4gb class 4 for around 22$.

ROM Troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have anything against the Transcend TS4GUSDHC6 4GB Class 6 Micro SDHC Memory Card?

It's showing $16.37 from Amazon but out of stock until 7/28/08. And it's showing $16.08 and IN STOCK from BlueProton that ships through Amazon Fulfillment so it qualifys for Free super saver shipping for totals over $25. I purchased three about three weeks ago from Amazon for $22 each and I just purchased more on Friday from Amazon for $16.92. The prices keep falling so you may want to wait until it raises a little then pounce. You can also apply for an Amazon credit card and use it to get $30 credit on your account. You'd almost be getting two cards for free.

Using the first three cards, my AKRPG rates one at 3333 speed and the other two at 8192. My AKRPG won't allow the two 8192 cards to run an app from unless the sdlist.ini file shows a faster speed like 3333. Once the sdlist.ini file was edited, I haven't had any problems running apps from these as well as playing AVI files using tuna-vids. I've been meaning to fire off an email to Acekard requesting they update the model as compatible or to find out why they haven't!

The cards also work in my Cowon D2 mp3/video player using the SDcard adapter that comes with them so they're a win win for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.