Translation Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6 - Translation Project

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were are you with the translation? Sorry if I can't help but I'm an italian going at high school and with little free time so I don't have time to learn japanese. Also thank you I love this project since 5d's tf6 his my favourite game
About 35% done with stories and 50% done with overworld dialogue.

Reactions: Orphanus and chime

Orphanus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've only done Rex's, Rudger's and Demak's so far, but I think I'm seeing a trend. Rudger's is very detailed and it is parallel to Rex's story. Rex is revived and tries to right the wrongs of his past by saving all of the Signers from the revived Dark Signers without the Signers ever noticing him. Rudger is the exact opposite. He's revived to destroy the Signers once and for all and run's into Rex near the end of his story and tries to prove why Momentum is his greatest accomplishment. Demak spends every story sucking Rudger's dick pretty much and the rest I'll leave as a secret until I release the game. No need to spoil it all at once.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Translating literally is boring because the characters only have so much room to say what they mean, unlike the anime where they can speak faster than Konami can write. So Konami kept much of their dialogue short and standard, which doesn't sit well with me when we're talking about characters I love like Yusei and Jack. When you "Accept Partnership", nearly all of them say the same thing, "Alright, where to now?" which is not what Jack Atlas or Rex Godwin would say, so I give them their own unique response. If Konami wanted to give their loyal fans a regular translation of their game, they would've, but since they didn't, they gave you me instead.

Thanks for the answer, i am very curious now. And thanks a lot for reforging and improving the dialogues, i have a feeling that i will not be sorry to never really know what i miss not understanding generic banter without a hinch of the characters personality.

Neofrerot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sounds good! I'm looking forward to it!
I hope it will work on psp just like TFSP did because I only play psp games on real psp console (sounds stupid for you I guess but it's funnier in my opinion to play while walking/standing when you play to a children card game, like in the anime ah ah).

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Screw_the_Rules Sorry if I replied just now, I was busy with some family matters such as my grandpa being ill.
I tried the eboot.bin that you gave me just now and I noticed an oddity. The pack lists are still in Japanese. Do you have another eboot.bin for this?
Regarding with the translation, I'll try my best to translate them. I how you saw this @Screw_the_Rules .
Okay, I got around to fixing up the EBOOT so it reads in english now.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yT8R5vnQJsyA6vZPrF7nC2ywn5UFUOSx

Reactions: LokoMoko

LokoMoko

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The link to the google drive isn't working
also hi there, absolutely hugh kudos to you for working on this, i love the tag force series, and i thank you so much for working on a translation for it,

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link to the google drive isn't working
also hi there, absolutely hugh kudos to you for working on this, i love the tag force series, and i thank you so much for working on a translation for it,
I was planning on keeping the link alive forever. The guy wanted it and I gave him adequate time to download it. From now, if people want a link to files, just pm me.

Reactions: owengque

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
may I ask for the Yu-Gi-Oh game link! 5D's Tag Force 6. I really want to play it.
thank you
One, I said to pm me, two, I'm not handing out the full game yet, it was just the EBOOT file. I'll hand out the full game the summer of 2019 once I've finished all the stories that I laid out earlier in this thread. I'm not going to give out an incomplete game like we did back in the day.

Bombermans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm so glad to see that the game is being translated!

What is a slot 3 duelist? Is it kinda the student duelists? Will you not translate those? :( D'aw... Is it too much to ask you to at least translate Tasha / Tsan Dire ? I'm a huge fan of hers, she's like the whole reason I play TF5 xDDDD

Reactions: MohAim

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so glad to see that the game is being translated!

What is a slot 3 duelist? Is it kinda the student duelists? Will you not translate those? :( D'aw... Is it too much to ask you to at least translate Tasha / Tsan Dire ? I'm a huge fan of hers, she's like the whole reason I play TF5 xDDDD
I translated a few. She, Kami, and Wisteria were translated. It turns out that Tasha falls in love with Konami-kun. She's also a bit wacko. I also translated a few of the cute little girls like Lara, Emma, and Pearl. I also did the officers and a bunch of other DS3 characters, but I'm just saying that you shouldn't be surprised if you see someone who isn't translated.

Neofrerot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I translated a few. She, Kami, and Wisteria were translated. It turns out that Tasha falls in love with Konami-kun. She's also a bit wacko. I also translated a few of the cute little girls like Lara, Emma, and Pearl. I also did the officers and a bunch of other DS3 characters, but I'm just saying that you shouldn't be surprised if you see someone who isn't translated.
I was thinking about something : do you know if in TF 1/2/3/4/5 slot 3 duellists have dialogues like in TF6? Because I saw while playing in TF6 that they have dialogues when you complete a heart, but in French version, there is no dialogue in the other games when you complete a heart and they come the morning to bring you at a tournament, just a general text saying " Mister X or Miss Y want you to join him/her to compete in the TF tournament etc etc etc".

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about something : do you know if in TF 1/2/3/4/5 slot 3 duellists have dialogues like in TF6? Because I saw while playing in TF6 that they have dialogues when you complete a heart, but in French version, there is no dialogue in the other games when you complete a heart and they come the morning to bring you at a tournament, just a general text saying " Mister X or Miss Y want you to join him/her to compete in the TF tournament etc etc etc".
Your question delves into a diverse and complex realm, but as usual, I know all the answers because I've hacked and opened up all of them. So as I'm sure you know, for some reason in TF4 and TF5 they removed the third slot, but the non-anime characters got moved to the Slot 2 instead. All of the characters in all of the TF games (anime and non-anime alike) have voice actors and dialogue for everything. Granted, the non-anime characters have generic and congruent story lines in the GX and 5D's arena, they do all say something unique to you when they first team up, every morning when they greet you, when they accept a sandwich, when they ask you to join a tournament, etc. For example, in TF3, their stories seem to be the same except for the very very end after the 4th and final Duel against Dr. Crowler and Hasselberry where they have 5 to 9 lines talking to Konami-kun about how much fun they had tagging with him and what their future plans are. This is true in the 5D's realm as well. When you walk up and talk to a non-anime character about cards (perform a successful synchro summon, guess the card, make them laugh, etc.) they all have unique responses that deal with actual events in their lives. None of that bullshit "the player is happy", "the player seemed to get upset". Konami USA and Konami EUR are worthless bastards who don't deserve a dime because of the lack of effort they put into translating the TF games. As I'm going through and looking at the in-duel subtitles, I've noticed that they don't even accurately translate the characters from the Japanese version. Complete lazy bums. If you play the Japanese TF games, you'll understand very quickly how much most people missed out on. The same thing happened with World Duel Carnival for the 3DS. There are 8 character stories that can be done in the USA/EUR version of the game, but over 40 stories in the Jap version. Not to mention the censoring of cleavage and stuff. I need to stop writing now, since the further I go, the more and more angry I get with Konami. How could the company that brought us Ninja Turles, Castlevania, and Metal Gear Solid fall so far?

Reactions: MohAim

Neofrerot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was pretty sure of that... Seriously this is insane like you said it. I feel the same about that.
When I finish learning Japanese, I will make TF in OV and I'll do again all the awesome games that were first realised/made in Japan like Castlevania/Final fantasy etc games to have the real dialogues and stories.
Thanks a lot for your answer!

NotHannibalBuress

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I noticed in comparison going from Tag Force 5/6 back to 2 it's just sooooo much bigger. I like the card game itself a lot more in the newer Tag Forces, but like there was just so much more it felt back then. But god playing the card game where everyone throws out heavy storm every turn and mirror force zzzzzzzz

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I noticed in comparison going from Tag Force 5/6 back to 2 it's just sooooo much bigger. I like the card game itself a lot more in the newer Tag Forces, but like there was just so much more it felt back then. But god playing the card game where everyone throws out heavy storm every turn and mirror force zzzzzzzz
At regionals, everyone was throwing out mirror force and heavy storm. There's no escaping it, even in the virtual world.

NotHannibalBuress

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's true, but I hate how the AI knows that I'm going to special summon after I normal summon and then releases the torrential tribute after I've filled my field.
YEAH. That's the worst. I had Jack do that to me once after hitting me with Bottomless Trap Hole, Mirror Force, and Prideful Roar. All on different turns so it was really upsetting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch