Translation Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6 - Translation Project

maltheopia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to increase the size of your Extra Deck? Preferably with just a code you could slam into PPSSPP, though if it can be done with these tools that would also be baller.

maltheopia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I don't know if this helps any, but:

As far as I can tell, TF6/TFS stores your deck as a compressed recipe. For example, take a look at these saved recipes:

Test Draco1 is the deck with 60 cards, no side deck, and a 15-card extra deck. The cards correspond to a very degenerate D/D + Dragon Ruler deck where I with CWCheats turned a bunch of the cards into something more convenient (i.e. Cyber Stein had its type changed so it could be searched with Dragon Ruler Tempest). Note that I'm using a cheat to allow you to put 9 copies of a card into your deck and those repeated "EC 12" correspond to Pot of Greed.

Test Draco2 is the exact same deck as Test Draco1, except with the Side Deck filled in.

Now, keep in mind that there's no special delimiter in the Recipe Data. Note (erroneously as it turns out) the data for the Recipe, rather than a part of a recipe like the Side Deck, does seem to be delimited by "00 00 00 2F 13". But it's not actually delimited, "2F 13" just corresponds to Painful Choice and I have that set as my Destiny Card. Apparently the pointer that grabs the array of bytes to build your Main Deck, Side Deck, Extra Deck, and "Destiny Deck" is just a fixed integer someone in code. It grabs 15 x 2 bytes, with each card represented with 2 bytes (2F13 = Painful Choice, EC12 = Pot of Greed) and treating "00 00" as the card not being there.

The point I'm trying to make with all of this is that having a 30-card Extra Deck might be easier than it looks. If we could just change a couple lines of code so that the Extra Deck pointer loads 30 x 2 bytes rather than 15 x 2 bytes, we could treat the Side Deck as an Extra Deck. Of course, since you can (and usually do) put Main Deck cards in the Side Deck, unless your Side Deck is nothing but Extra Deck cards, when you construct.

I don't think having an Extra Deck that's in fact 30 cards will break anything in the game, at least in YuGiOh TFS. Because when you have Pendulum cards end up on the Extra Deck, apparently it stores expended Pendulum Card data directly where it's storing Extra Deck cards!

Afterwards, you could just save your recipe and then load it as part of starting the duel.

I don't know where in the code that decides how far to look to construct the Extra Deck array. would be, though. But that seems like the easiest place to start.

Attachments

• 84h2TQJ.png
    84h2TQJ.png
    83 KB · Views: 106

xan1242

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
(just a quick intro - Hi there, I'm the guy who's helping out with these translations and code stuff! Long time lurker on the forum though...)

The point I'm trying to make with all of this is that having a 30-card Extra Deck might be easier than it looks. If we could just change a couple lines of code so that the Extra Deck pointer loads 30 x 2 bytes rather than 15 x 2 bytes, we could treat the Side Deck as an Extra Deck.

This may seem easy but I don't think it is since the game probably has fixed slots in memory for these (not 100% sure). You'd have to modify the duel engine code to accommodate the larger extra deck / swapped side deck as well.

Looking at the game code, the function YgSys_CleanDeck just empties the data at the deck pointer with the size 0x108 so this tells us that it is indeed fixed size, but how hard it would be to swap deck areas I don't know (possibly just a flag on a card to tell where it is).

I'm talking here purely out of memory (no testing was performed) so please forgive me if I'm wrong.

maltheopia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(just a quick intro - Hi there, I'm the guy who's helping out with these translations and code stuff! Long time lurker on the forum though...)

This may seem easy but I don't think it is since the game probably has fixed slots in memory for these (not 100% sure). You'd have to modify the duel engine code to accommodate the larger extra deck / swapped side deck as well.

Looking at the game code, the function YgSys_CleanDeck just empties the data at the deck pointer with the size 0x108 so this tells us that it is indeed fixed size, but how hard it would be to swap deck areas I don't know (possibly just a flag on a card to tell where it is).

I'm talking here purely out of memory (no testing was performed) so please forgive me if I'm wrong.
I've done all my work with Cheat Engine and the Debugger in PPSSPP, I haven't actually looked at the source code.

If it's not too much of a bother, could you check?

As far as accommodating the larger extra deck goes, I don't think it'll break anything so long as it copies Actual Cards. Tag Force Special has two ways to have an in-duel extra deck larger than 15 cards (destroyed pendulum cards and recovering from the GY Extra Deck cards that belonged to your tag partner) so the in-game Extra Deck is of indeterminant size.

Matenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to replace Carly's voice clips with the ones from TF4 in order to get her original VA back?

I'm already sad that 6 loses out on the setting/character setup of the Dark Signer arc, and losing one of my favorite character's voices is too much.

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to replace Carly's voice clips with the ones from TF4 in order to get her original VA back?

I'm already sad that 6 loses out on the setting/character setup of the Dark Signer arc, and losing one of my favorite character's voices is too much.
The voice actor from the anime is the voice actor in TF6. TF4 and TF5 used some rando chick I've never heard of, probably due to contracting issues at the time. So I'm not going to do that.

Matenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The voice actor from the anime is the voice actor in TF6. TF4 and TF5 used some rando chick I've never heard of, probably due to contracting issues at the time. So I'm not going to do that.
What do you mean? Her original VA was Li-Mei Chiang (チャン・リーメイ) up until episode 130, when she was kicked off the show due to it coming out that she was a member of the Roma Sophie Association cult. As such, she voiced her in TF4, TF5, Duel Transer, and the Duel Terminal.

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean? Her original VA was Li-Mei Chiang (チャン・リーメイ) up until episode 130, when she was kicked off the show due to it coming out that she was a member of the Roma Sophie Association cult. As such, she voiced her in TF4, TF5, Duel Transer, and the Duel Terminal.
I just checked TF5, I think it may be easier than I originally thought. It'll take some time though.

Matenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked TF5, I think it may be easier than I originally thought. It'll take some time though.
That would be cool, although now that I think about it I don't even know if Carly's lines match up between 4 and 6, and there would still be many other discrepancies that are likely unchangeable, like Aki having an entirely different personality and model animations...

There's no English patch for Japanese TF4, right? Having that game with the original character names, card artwork, and LP counter would probably be a more worthwhile project.

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be cool, although now that I think about it I don't even know if Carly's lines match up between 4 and 6, and there would still be many other discrepancies that are likely unchangeable, like Aki having an entirely different personality and model animations...

There's no English patch for Japanese TF4, right? Having that game with the original character names, card artwork, and LP counter would probably be a more worthwhile project.
PM me and I'll tell you more.

chrisfand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, it is possible that there is an HD version of the cards for TF6 and TFSP, but for PSP consoles?
To find the right compression to make sure it doesn't break the game, you're virtually getting no benefit if you try to hardcode this solution, that's why custom textures is the clear choice.

chrisfand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another_one.png

:psp: Tag Force 1 texture pack:
https://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=28535

Got thumbnails replacements working and figured out how to get rid of the issue where large card images show the original texture (except in the card album and recipe viewer menus). I'll update the other packs with this fix at some point; Dumping all the duplicates to fix this issue is quite time consuming...

output-BENs-IA.gif

Last edited by chrisfand,

bladefoxZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
on nzxth2 translation after I've progressed and finished a characters story the text goes back to Japanese but if I start a new game it's English again can someone tell me what I've done wrong? thx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4