Not open for further replies.

stiwy81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all,

I'm trying to install the HC with bannerbomb on my WII with 4.0 software, the problem is that I've got the error "you're a pirate"... I think this is due to a previous tentative to install the HC with Zelda, so I tried to delete all with anytitledeleter, I found IOS254, the problem is that I've got this error:

Informing Wii that I am God...Error! ES_Identify (ret = -1017)

and I am unable to disinstall this IOS... what can I do?
wacko.gif

Thanks a lot ad exscuse me for my english
rolleyes.gif

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how are you trying to install the homebrew channel with the dol from hbc.hackmii.com or with the installer that comes with bootmii

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
what the fuck
are you tellin' me theres an anti-piracy thing in bannerbomb now? FUCK ANTI PIRATE PEOPLE!
Some of us don't live in countries where there is an established video game market and where we could easily afford to buy or rent games, so hows about these retards get off their high horse and stop bullshitting like this, they don't like piracy? Good for fuckin' them! Big fuckity whoop if i pirate, everyone where I come from pirates.

of course im probably raging at a joke topic

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shinigami Kiba said:
what the fuck
are you tellin' me theres an anti-piracy thing in bannerbomb now? FUCK ANTI PIRATE PEOPLE!
Some of us don't live in countries where there is an established video game market and where we could easily afford to buy or rent games, so hows about these retards get off their high horse and stop bullshitting like this, they don't like piracy? Good for fuckin' them! Big fuckity whoop if i pirate, everyone where I come from pirates.

of course im probably raging at a joke topic

I think he's trying a pre BootMii guide. Just use the HackMii installer instead to install the HBC instead of COMEX's DVDX installer downgrade ios 35 etc, etc

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
oh the DVDX installer! That's why he is getting that, right i think i knew about this before, screw the DVDX who needs to play DVDs on a wii anyway lol

I just rage at anti-pirates, i hate them I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a pirate and that pretty much all my games are pirated as well as all my software, it's just the way most people in Macedonia are, maybe things are changing now for some people but not for the average person like me.

We would've been stuck in the friggin stoneage if it weren't for piracy, if anything piracy did a hell of a lot more good than bad for people in my country and for me, that's why I'm big supporter and that's why I get modded all the time over at GameFAQs
smile.gif

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh wait, He was talking about Comex's DVDX installer?
OHHH..... Sorry i got confused i thought he was saying that BannerBomb Said he was a pirate.

But use the HackMii Installer to install HBC mate.

stiwy81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
blitzer320 said:
how are you trying to install the homebrew channel with the dol from hbc.hackmii.com or with the installer that comes with bootmii

wow, I tried this and now I've installed the HC in less than one minute!
rolleyes.gif

Thanks a lot and excuse me for my erroneous explanation
wacko.gif

Im bored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i read previously that DVDX stores something in your shared2 folder that will not allow you to install it if it finds wads on you sd. So if you want to install DVDX i think you have to remove your wads of your SD card before the installation if i remember correctly. and also do some research on something called "shared2 clean" in fact if you googl e it exactly like this shared2clean you will find a rar for it. What it does is it cleans out the stuff preloader and dvdx store in shared2 folder. I found it useful to get rid of all the preloader hacks.

ajd4096

Trophies
XP
Country
Shinigami Kiba said:
I just rage at anti-pirates,...
When you've contributed as much code as they have, I'll be sure to take note of your opinion.

QUOTE(Shinigami Kiba @ May 16 2009, 07:05 AM) ... and that's why I get modded all the time over at GameFAQs
smile.gif
Well that makes ALL the difference.

Oh wait a minute, nope, no difference at all. Gee, for a second there I almost cared.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats a very prickishly elitist attitude you have ajd4096 to be honest your the one who looks like silly when you post simply to be rude to another member....See thats how it feels when someone decides to judge your opinion instead of respect the fact that they are entitled to it...I apologize for having to be a hypocrite here but you get the point....This is not the grade school playground and we need not treat one another like it do we? and YES i have contributed to homebrew scene since the dreamcast fyi go ahead google and see...

Has this guy got his DVDX issue sorted? that should be the reason you post ajd4096 not to judge others chances are he don't really give a sweet flying shit what you think...Same as you feel about me at this point no? ...Case and point bro...3shey

thenovacrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
Thats a very prickishly elitist attitude you have ajd4096 to be honest your the one who looks like silly when you post simply to be rude to another member....See thats how it feels when someone decides to judge your opinion instead of respect the fact that they are entitled to it...I apologize for having to be a hypocrite here but you get the point....This is not the grade school playground and we need not treat one another like it do we? and YES i have contributed to homebrew scene since the dreamcast fyi go ahead google and see...

Has this guy got his DVDX issue sorted? that should be the reason you post ajd4096 not to judge others chances are he don't really give a sweet flying shit what you think...Same as you feel about me at this point no? ...Case and point bro...3shey

Though I completely agree with vettacossx and sympathize greatly with Shinigami Kiba, I understand the whole point of the "You're a pirate" message. A lot of the homebrew guys want to be legitimized by Nintendo for their efforts and would rather there not have to worry about finding a new hack because Nintendo is trying to stop pirates. Nintendo does have their pocket books to worry about and they feel their best bet with keeping on Nintendo's good side is to take a very hard stance against piracy. How does that adage go? The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Again, completely agree with vettacossx and if Shinigami Kiba wants to pirate games, go ahead! It's not like he'd buy them if he couldn't pirate them since they don't sell games in his market (or, like most people who pirate, he doesn't have enough money). For Shinigami, it's not a lost sale, so, and this is addressed to ajd4096, don't get all elitist just because you disagree with his politics.

\off topic.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, this is turning into another piracy discussion. Let Nintendo handle the pirates. Homebrewers should not intervene. It's the end user's decision whether to pirate or not.

thenovacrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
"Pirate" is not the good word, is still sounds too positive, "Thief" is more appropriate....

Thanks, Jacobeian, that is a good example of someone that ignores the idea of relative morality in exchange for more black and white terminology that shows both insensitivity and ignorance.

Again, thanks, Jacobeian, for illustrating that for us.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sentinel5000 said:
So bushing and his antipiracy are at it again huh... endless battles...

Try reading the topic. It's COMEX's DVDX installer that gives that message, not BootMii. TT said they won't put antipirate protection in their stuff and have been true to their word.

forbore

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jacobeian said:
"Pirate" is not the good word, is still sounds too positive, "Thief" is more appropriate....
piracy-is-not-theft-handy-guide.jpg

Gosh... Some people need to think before talking. Also, most people who pirate(99%) NEVER had the intention to buy the software, therefor he probably does NOT affect the sales. If he does, it is in a good way as he'll prmote the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, @salazarcosplay hi