Hacking Homebrew Having trouble with WiiMod to install VC games

ObamaGaming27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just downloaded WiiMod for the first time with Tech James tutorial on YouTube. I did exactly the same except for the fact that I downloaded the app with a USB instead of a SD card like he did, but it's the only different thing him and I did. The app seems to work perfectly but whenever I enter the WAD Manager option on the main menu the message "Fake Sign Patch may be required, check your IOSs for a valid IOS ret = -2011" pops up

And whenever I try to install a wad the error -2011 signature check failed. happens.

Can you guys help me fix this?
I must say that this is a modded Wii console that I've had for a long time, I played during my whole childhood with it, but it was my older brother who modded the console at first, once It was passed down to me the only things I've done with the console are Installing USB loader and Nintendont again to play Wii and GameCube games, so other than that I don't have much knowledge on Wii modding. I would appreciate anybody's help in solving this problem as I really am not sure what to do to make this work.
Maybe it's because my Wii isn't connected to the internet?

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded WiiMod for the first time with Tech James tutorial on YouTube.
WiiModLite you mean? To install wad files?
Use Some-YAWMM-Mod instead, to DL it click on the link above (the one Jeannotte posted).
I did exactly the same except for the fact that I downloaded the app with a USB instead of a SD card like he did,
By usb or sd you mean you placed the WiiModLite files on the usb instead of on the sdcard? That won't work, it has to be placed on the sd card so it'd show up on the Homebrew Channel (the same for other homebrew apps).
but it's the only different thing him and I did. The app seems to work perfectly but whenever I enter the WAD Manager option on the main menu the message "Fake Sign Patch may be required, check your IOSs for a valid IOS ret = -2011" pops up
Again, if you want an app to install wad files use some_yawmm_mod.
And whenever I try to install a wad the error -2011 signature check failed. happens.

Can you guys help me fix this?
Where are your wad files placed?
I must say that this is a modded Wii console that I've had for a long time, I played during my whole childhood with it, but it was my older brother who modded the console at first, once It was passed down to me the only things I've done with the console are Installing USB loader and Nintendont again to play Wii and GameCube games, so other than that I don't have much knowledge on Wii modding. I would appreciate anybody's help in solving this problem as I really am not sure what to do to make this work.
Post a syscheck here.
Maybe it's because my Wii isn't connected to the internet?
No. Installing wads doesn't & shouldn't require an active internet connection.

ObamaGaming27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
By usb or sd you mean you placed the WiiModLite files on the usb instead of on the sdcard? That won't work, it has to be placed on the sd card so it'd show up on the Homebrew Channel (the same for other homebrew apps).
I placed the file on my USB and it showed up and I could open it, but it just wouldn't let me install the wads.
Again, if you want an app to install wad files use some_yawmm_mod.
Will this one work if place the file on my USB? I currently don't have an SD card and I wouldn't want to have to buy one just so that I can play a single N64 game (I wanna play Star Fox 64 which I already have in my 3Ds but I don't like it because the audio doesn't sound as cool lol)
Where are your wad files placed?
I created a folder called "Wads" and placed them there, it does show up when I open the Wad Manager, but as I said it doesn't let me install them.
Post a syscheck here.
I will post one tomorrow when I have some free time.

Thanks a lot for the help, I really appreciate it!
I hope that other Homebrew works, I will post the syscheck as soon as I can.
Post automatically merged:

Good morning,

test with this other homebrew (Yet another wad manager) ==>
Thank you so much! I will try with this one, I hope it works!!

Reactions: jeannotte

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I placed the file on my USB and it showed up and I could open it, but it just wouldn't let me install the wads.
I don't think either apps could install to the sysnand without an sd card present.
Will this one work if place the file on my USB?
As for the wad files, placing them on the usb is fine.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: ?tuw