your Recommendation is needed

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by fatherjack, Jun 21, 2010.

Jun 21, 2010
  1. fatherjack
    OP

Member fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I'm gonna set up another wii in the house and want to run backups from SD card.
    I need to know which SD cards have full compatibility - and a flawless loader to use.

Please no 'just get HDD' posts,- they dont help, (I already use one with wiiflow on other wii)
    I want info from people who are successfully launching backupr from SD- what card and what launcher they use

Thx in advance [​IMG]

2. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    I suggest you get atleast a 8GB SDHC card and use USB CFG Loader. As for the brand of the card, Myself I used cheap one, Duracell seems to work the best.

Pip'

3. fatherjack
    OP

Member fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    thx for your fast reply Pip [​IMG]

so you're running backups from the SD slot with these - what size / class SDHC Duracell card did u use?
    also, did u partition SD and use WBFS or somethin' else?
    you're right about the larger sizes tho' - I was hopin, to hear off someone runnig a 16 or 32Gb card.

........and config USB runs ok from SD slot?

4. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Instead of sd card I suggest you to use a flashdisc, sd slot is prone to breaking... and a flashdisc would be cheaper and faster..

if you want to run homebrew that essentially requires a sd card then you can additionally throw a 1gb sd card there just for the sake of it...