Which Homebrew Game Loader apps support ocarina cheats for Game Channels made with Wiigsc?

cadeswii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having success with USBLoaderGX game channels using Ocarina but the game channels I make for WiiFlow do not work. If I launch the game directly from Wiiflow the cheats load fine.

My reasoning for using 2 loaders is because USBLoaderGX can only read from SD or USB one at time it wont display games from both. And I have games on both storage devices I want to use but dont want to keep having to switch on and off SD mode in USBLoaderGX. So id rather just make some game channels for the wiiflow ones so they are right there on my home screen. The reason I need to keep them on the USB is because if they are on the SD card they wont be able to use the DLC I have also on the SD card. A game and its DLC cannot be on the same storage device some reason.

Reactions: CharlieBrownBR

cadeswii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOLVED: using a combination USBLoaderGX, CFG loader and WiiFlow. In the end you will have a game channel for Rock Band 3 on your home screen that supports Ocarina cheats and DLC, alongside game channels for Wii games on your SD card.

WIN_20230906_21_55_37_Pro.jpg

Or if you want to SKIP all of this, just buy a large enough USB storage device to store all of your Wii games and like a 64gb SD for DLC and homebrew stuff. Then you can easily just only use USBloadergx for all the games and have game channels with ocarina and dlc no problem. I just happen to prefer using the SD card for all my games and a tiny USB for the couple that have DLC like RB3.

DISCLAIMER: I am a noob. Everything I am saying isnt fact. I really dont know what Im doing Im just sharing what I think I know.

• USBLoaderGX is set to SD Mode and shows all of my Wii and Gamecube games on SD. I have a forwarder channel for USBLoaderGx itself because I prefer its GUI over the other 2.

• WiiFlow is set to SD Mode and also shows all of my Wii Games but I only use it to create game channels using WiiGSC. I do this because whenever I try to use WiiGSC to make a USBLoaderGx game channel it wont find my Wii games on the SD card. (It must look for the ones on USB, Im not sure. But even then it wouldnt find RB3 on my USB device if USBLoaderGX was set to SD Mode on.)

• CFG Loader is set to USB modeand shows my Rock Band 3 game. Thats all. To create a game channel for Rock Band 3 that will use ocarina cheats and support DLC I had to use the following settings in WiiGSC posted in the screenshot below. Make sure you boot up CFG loader on your wii and enable ocarina for RB3 and the specific cheats before trying the game channel.
    • You cant use WiiFlow for this because it doesnt support Ocarina cheats for Game Channels.
    • You can use USB Loader for this if you are using USB Loader in SD MODE: OFF. I have SD MODE: ON because I have all my other Wii games on SD card and like to use the USB Loader GUI.

Regardess if I load Mario Kart from the Game Channel made with WiiFlow or from the GUI of USBLoaderGX it will still have the exact same save data because its all stored on the same NAND. I think the biggest issue you might have here is if you are using an emulated NAND and how to make that work cross compatible wise. It might be simple, I have never used an emulated NAND so I dont know.

WiiGSC setup for CFG Loader + Ocarina Support:

1694058367308.png

Last edited by cadeswii,

Monkey79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i gave your way a shot and somehow it populated that there was over 900 songs unlike before when it would stop at 799. Sadly it froze up and freezes up consistently. I have the DLC on sd, the game on usb as well as a disc copy.

cadeswii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i gave your way a shot and somehow it populated that there was over 900 songs unlike before when it would stop at 799. Sadly it froze up and freezes up consistently. I have the DLC on sd, the game on usb as well as a disc copy.
Rock Band 3 dlc is hard in general to get working. My DLC was working good on USBLoader before I changed to CFG Loader. And it worked okay for me still. Im not sure why it would be freezing on you Im sorry.

Also it was likely not loading more songs, it was loading other variables and stuff. Mine did the same thing when I deleted the MSTORE file in the NAND. Maybe you need to look into that.

Monkey79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Band 3 dlc is hard in general to get working. My DLC was working good on USBLoader before I changed to CFG Loader. And it worked okay for me still. Im not sure why it would be freezing on you Im sorry.

Also it was likely not loading more songs, it was loading other variables and stuff. Mine did the same thing when I deleted the MSTORE file in the NAND. Maybe you need to look into that.
I tried a few things and it seems that the freezing problem i have is due to having ocarina turned on. Can you confirm the code is correct?

Attachments

• RB3 3k songs.png
    RB3 3k songs.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 31

cadeswii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried a few things and it seems that the freezing problem i have is due to having ocarina turned on. Can you confirm the code is correct?
Here are the gct and txt I use. Its only for the song limit.

Does Ocarina work okay if you boot the game from USBLoaderGX off the USB? If so its likely an issue with CFGLoader, its super old.

I was having an issue with my DLC when I first installed it all and I tried everything to fix it but nothing worked. Eventually I uninstalled all of the bogus wads and just reformatted my SD card and redid WAD2BIN and installed the new bogus wads before opening the game. Then I went into rb3 and my DLC worked. Make sure you are checking nullkey on if/when doing rb2 dlc.

You may have to get the Wii Explorer homebrew app and go into your NAND and deleted the MSTORE from your NAND and let it regenerate. I dont remember exactly how I did this but look it up and follow a good tutorial cause modifying your NAND can brick your console. I could try to find how I did it if you cant figure it out. Make sure you have priloader and bootmii and a backup of your NAND before modifying any files in there. It will save you if you end up bricking your Wii.

Attachments

• Ocarina Cheat Code Manager.7z
    253 bytes · Views: 27

Monkey79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not coming back sooner I've had alot going on lately. So I was able to get pass the 799 song mark and now can load up to 1000, but that's as far as it goes. My problem was using wad2bin. Everything i was doing pc related was on a windows 7 and couldn't find an earlier version of wad2bin...then again I may have something installed that wasn't letting the .bat file to run. I moved everything to a win 10 laptop and got it working. As for only 1000 songs showing up the ocarina code shows limit code is on, but i just noticed that ocarina was turned off in the loader settings. It's currently loading the songs back up due to i had to change to a larger sd card. I'll get back with you once I figure out what it's going to do.

So it finished and i now have 1329 songs. I selected null key for both rb2 and rb3 dlcs. I'm about positive one of the packs is bad though.

Last edited by Monkey79,

cadeswii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not coming back sooner I've had alot going on lately. So I was able to get pass the 799 song mark and now can load up to 1000, but that's as far as it goes. My problem was using wad2bin. Everything i was doing pc related was on a windows 7 and couldn't find an earlier version of wad2bin...then again I may have something installed that wasn't letting the .bat file to run. I moved everything to a win 10 laptop and got it working. As for only 1000 songs showing up the ocarina code shows limit code is on, but i just noticed that ocarina was turned off in the loader settings. It's currently loading the songs back up due to i had to change to a larger sd card. I'll get back with you once I figure out what it's going to do.

So it finished and i now have 1329 songs. I selected null key for both rb2 and rb3 dlcs. I'm about positive one of the packs is bad though.
You only need nullkey for rb2

Reactions: CharlieBrownBR

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1