Not open for further replies.

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey every one im just asking ALL thoses who have posted there cheat.dat files could you remove them??? please

if you wanna help with cheat.dat help narin who currently surpassed everyone

by doing this you are DEEPLY helping us

for those who aint posted any im sorry i made you read this
happy.gif

and if you want ar codes you know wer we are

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well TRY and keep up if you think its a competition

but it would make this so much easyer if every one was just working on the BIG DADDY of cheat.dats wich ATM is Narin's one

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
But I don't really see him as the kind of guy who views all of this as a sort of competition. Why would he want others to take down their own version of a Cheat.Dat? It's...I dunno. It sort of feels selfish, don't you think?

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im only trying to help you guys

why post a cheat.dat when there one with 100x more codes that cant be found easy because there are loads of other cheat.dats

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, its not my cheat database, its a community database, I just maintain it. So people can do just about anything they want with it, link to it, ect.

Also I don't mind any competition at all and such. Seems like Hickeyl got the wrong imppression. People were taking the cheat database me and Rayder maintained and either didn't make any modifications to it (So basically just a copy) or make a minor edit like adding a single code to a single game and such and posting the entire file in the downloads section.

So because of this, people have been PMing me now and then confused which file to download and why some things weren't in the file they downloaded, due to the file being uploaded by someone else and haven't been updated at all with my recent additions. Which in this case, happened with Hickeyl. He made a copy of the database, simply added a couple codes to a Megaman Battle networks game and uploaded the updated cheat dat.

In such a case, I fail to see the point of it. The point of the massive cheat database was to have one cheat database for the entire GBATemp community to enjoy. I spoke with Hickeyl and instead of having a copy of the massive cheat database in the download section with the small code addition, he just posted the codes and I added them to the official cheat database.

Though I don't blame him, he's just a bit eager to help out which I do appreciate.

At any rate, I hope this clears some things up.

distorted.frequency said:
But I don't really see him as the kind of guy who views all of this as a sort of competition. Why would he want others to take down their own version of a Cheat.Dat? It's...I dunno. It sort of feels selfish, don't you think?

I agree, I don't mind competing cheat dats, I'll just gladly keep up with mine as I am doing now for the GBATemp community.

distorted.freque

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Then, perhaps, instead of asking them to take theirs down, just ask them to contribute to the Cheat.dat which Narin has. D: I just sort of viewed the request to be a bit selfish so I'm sorry if I've caused some frustration from you guys.

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Then, perhaps, instead of asking them to take theirs down, just ask them to contribute to the Cheat.dat which Narin has. D: I just sort of viewed the request to be a bit selfish so I'm sorry if I've caused some frustration from you guys.

well nothing that appolagy cant fix
happy.gif
atleast now you see thing from our point of veiw

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hickeyl said:

happy.gif
Eh, Hickey, its a bit selfish to ask people to remove their cheat database. Some people maintain a cheat database seperate from the one I maintain. If they feel incline to, let them. Its their own database.
smile.gif
As I stated in the cheat database topic I maintained, is that I found it pointless for someone to make a copy of a current database to make a single edit and never update it again. It would be better if they contributed to the main database and given credit for their contributions as everyone can enjoy their contributions. At any rate, these were simply my opinions, if you wanted, you could have kepted the cheat dat you had, I wouldn't have stopped yo and such.

Though in my eyes, it just seems more beneficial to contribute to the main database so everyone can enjoy the new additions and also more people would see the work credited to you. Also it saves you the trouble of either updating your cheat dat every time the main one updates and so on.

At any rate, as with Rayder in the past, I consider this this a community database and all are welcomed to use it and do as they want with it.

distorted.freque

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hickeyl said:

happy.gif

I meant I'm sorry for trying to contradict everything you say. In my perspective, I still think you're in the wrong. I just don't want to start a flame war.

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
selfish...
im asking them to combine there dedication for there cheat.dat with ours

think about it if every one just worked on the same cheat.dat in months we would have over 70% of game codes in the world for the DS

i dnt want them to just FULL STOP i want them to help themselvs by helping the BIG FISH

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hickeyl said:

happy.gif

I meant I'm sorry for trying to contradict everything you say. In my perspective, I still think you're in the wrong. I just don't want to start a flame war.

WOW!!! i just got shot down stood on my elephants ran over by a tank and got shat on by hitler
frown.gif
that hurt

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
I think nobody cares what either of you think.

/thread
I know this is a little offtopic, but what the heck is your avatar suppose to be? It has always bugged me since you changed it from that screaming face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show