"you cannot load the save data because you are not the owner.&quo

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by ganons, Apr 9, 2011.

1. ganons
    OP

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    So a friend playeddead space 2, coped the save file on a usb stick. So he swapped out his old hdd for a bigger one and copied the save file back and when he loads the save file it says "you cannot load the save data because you are not the owner."

[​IMG]

So now what?

How can he continue? Is there a sure fireway of unlocking copy protected save files? Havent found a definitive answer

Thanks

2. mark0217

Newcomer mark0217 Advanced Member

Chile
    He had to use the PS3 backup function somewhere in the settings, pretty sure it won't work by copy/paste-ing it.
    If he already formatted the old drive, I believe he's out of luck.

3. ganons
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well he's still got the old hdd. Is it safe to put it back in? I read it will ask to format when putting back a previous hdd.

4. xtreme1

Member xtreme1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    dead space 2 has an easy fix for this. use ps3save unlocker, the newest version for most other copyrighted saves, and make your own save on this new hdd on deadspace 2, jst get to the first save. Then use comegenies loader of ftp to overwrite all of your old files except PARAM.PFO... heres a similar topic where i learned this from

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f180/dead-spac...al-works-80445/

now as a request, I just replaced my ylod system so if anyone has any saves of:
    vanquish(after 1st boss),
    heavy rain(scene in first 2 hrs or so of the main character walking through the trains station as the bodies fall) ,
    mass effect 2( after the first planet where the lady with the weird helmet is),
    killzone 2(first 2hrs or so)
    bulletstorm save(act 3.2)

let me know since these were either copyrighted or i lost them in the backup process. Also I have a NFS save but always either get corrupted data or copyrighted save error. Anyone know how to fix?

5. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Does he have a hacked or hackable system (3.55 or lower)?

6. ganons
    OP

United Kingdom
    yep he got a hacked ps3