Hacking Yifan Lu says Register for PSM

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right I had an account and registered it per yifans steps. It gave me the publisher cert and access to the download files area on PSM that I need. But I can't install them and go further (playing a demo/creating the key) unless I commit to updating, which I'm not prepared to do until we see the proof of what all this is for.
Really, the publisher cert? Are you sure you clicked this button?
b10c994a37.png

It seems strange that you'd get confirmation instantly while everyone else here has to wait at least a couple days.

D

Deleted-355425

b10c994a37.png

It seems strange that you'd get confirmation instantly while everyone else here has to wait at least a couple days.

I got the generic confirmation instantly and went on to apply for the cert like in your post above, been waiting about 4 days now.

Reactions: Margen67

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I got the generic confirmation instantly and went on to apply for the cert like in your post above, been waiting about 4 days now.

I thought you said you were staying on 3.18FW? how have you done it? I have not really bothered with this seen as I'm on 3.01. I need some advice please if this is really necessary?

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you said you were staying on 3.18FW? how have you done it? I have not really bothered with this seen as I'm on 3.01. I need some advice please if this is really necessary?

I think in Wololo forums... PS Vita/Tutorials there is a post about people who have all the required stuff while on 3.18.

D

Deleted-355425

I've applied but haven't installed anything yet, if you have access to a cfw ps3 you can install it to your vita from that.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Not got a CFWPS3, I've been meaning to downgrade it but just haven't got around to doing it also don't know anyone that could do it for me? Its the correct phat ps3 for the job, just needs downgrading.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
I've applied but haven't installed anything yet, if you have access to a cfw ps3 you can install it to your vita from that.
Are you sure you can? I haven't seen anyone else mention successfully installing it on a lower firmware Vita that hadn't already been registered for PSM.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
b10c994a37.png

I meant the generic cert. I have received the publisher cert. Even so, I have a feeling what this will end up allowing won't be enough to make me want to update past 3.18 yet.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I got my PS3's IDPS with IDPStealer a while back and followed these instructions to get the dev assistant on my Vita:
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=387800#p387800
My PS3 is on the latest official firmware, and my Vita is on 3.18.

How did you do it m8 cause it seems very complicated to setup reading the tut. I have a PS3 on latest OFW and a vita on 3.01 but I dont understand the tut at all? is it possible to explain in a little detail how you did it please.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I need help.. I just got approved... I have some questions before I do something dumb.

I cant seem to find the demos on PSN.... where do I find a demo to play?

also.. I have the dev suite on my vita... i pressed it and its telling me to update the app.... I shouldnt do that right?.. I think thats it for now.. please help

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, I need help.. I just got approved... I have some questions before I do something dumb.

I cant seem to find the demos on PSN.... where do I find a demo to play?

also.. I have the dev suite on my vita... i pressed it and its telling me to update the app.... I shouldnt do that right?.. I think thats it for now.. please help
A. yes you should update the app, otherwise it won't work afaik
Edit: idk about the Vita update though. I'd assume it's a coincidence but don't take my word for it.
B. the demos aren't on PSN, you need to compile them yourself using the PS Mobile Suite thing on PC. There should be some demo projects in C:/Users/Public somewhere.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B. the demos aren't on PSN, you need to compile them yourself using the PS Mobile Suite thing on PC. There should be some demo projects in C:/Users/Public somewhere.

saying afaik isnt gonna help me im afraid. I need confirmation:lol:

ill look for the demos...... oh, i also need to know to how generate the app key...

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: idk about the Vita update though. I'd assume it's a coincidence but don't take my word for it.

ok... but how do i access those demos on the pc?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
saying afaik isnt gonna help me im afraid. I need confirmation:lol:

ill look for the demos...... oh, i also need to know to how generate the app key...
assuming you installed the SDK, file:///C:/Users/Public/Documents/PSM/doc/en/key_management_en.html.
to open the demos, open PSMStudio and use it to open one of the demo's .sln files.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assuming you installed the SDK, file:///C:/Users/Public/Documents/PSM/doc/en/key_management_en.html.
to open the demos, open PSMStudio and use it to open one of the demo's .sln files.

ok... i will try this... does the vita need to be connected to the vita at this point? have you done this process and updated the livearea for dev suite on the vita?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1