Yet another R4 + EZ-Flash 3in1 Problem

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by lawlcake, Jan 8, 2008.

Jan 8, 2008
  1. lawlcake
    OP

Newcomer lawlcake Member

Canada
    I recently got a new 2 GB Lexar microSD, upgrading my inferior Dane-Elec 1 GB. For a while, I didn't use my 3in1 for GBA ROMS, mainly because I didn't have enough room to put them in, but with the new 2 GB, all of that is possible now.

So, I go and upgrade Rudolph's 3in1 Tool to version 1.9d, patch my GBA ROMs with GBATA and put them in my microSD. I'm thinking at this point that everything's going to be all right, but unfortunately, I was wrong. It starts giving me a message that the SRAM data could not be found (or something along those lines), so I'm not able to save ANY of my games. I found this kind of strange because, when I did have GBA ROMS on my 1 GB back in the day, it was working just fine (and some weren't even patched!).

So now I'm sitting here with non-saving GBA ROMs and a 2 GB card with lots of potential. Is there anything I'm doing wrong here? =(

2. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Do the folders \GBA and \GBA\SAVE definitely exist on the card? I was having the same problem as you and it was cos of a badly named directory.

3. lawlcake
    OP

Newcomer lawlcake Member

Canada
    Yeah, they definitely exist. All in caps too.

4. lawlcake
    OP

Newcomer lawlcake Member

Canada
    Alright, well... I've done a bit of research here and there, and I STILL can't figure out why it won't save or why it's giving me this, "SRAM save data not found, can't backup to SAV file" message. I'm thinking it could be the battery or something, but I haven't even had this for a full year yet!

Does anyone know what the heck is going on and anyone know how to fix this? It's really troubling me. D:

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    It sounds like a dead battery. You could test it by flashing an unpatched game that uses an SRAM save type* to NOR and saving in-game. If the save data is not retained after you turn the DS off for a few minutes, then the battery is probably dead.

* This is just to remove the patching program from the equation.

6. lawlcake
    OP

Newcomer lawlcake Member

Canada
    I'm not exactly sure what the term "flashing" meant, but I naturally assumed it was just "put the GBA ROM in the microSD and play it", haha.

But anyways, the game I put in was Megaman Zero, but even before I loaded it in NOR mode, I got the "SRAM save data not found, can't backup to SAV file" message. Did the saving work anyways? Nope. [​IMG]

If the problem is the battery being dead, is there any guide on how to replace it? Can I even replace it or do I need to buy a new one? I really don't want to buy a new 3in1 D: haha.

7. Kie

Newcomer Kie Member

Australia
    Should just try getting an Ezy Flash V expansion pak. Never had a save problem with it and only costs AU$23 depending on where you get it. The 3-in-1 to me is redundant if you already have a slot-1 cart like you do. The expansion pak is all that's necessary

8. Destructobot

United States
    The 3-in-1 is the EZ-V expansion pack.

9. Kie

Newcomer Kie Member

Australia
    Oh really? Must be a country difference in naming. Here it says nothing about it being the same as 3-in-1.

10. Destructobot

United States
  11. lawlcake
    OP

Newcomer lawlcake Member

Canada
    Well... not only do I use the expansion, but I also use the GBA a lot too. And with this new 2 GB microSD I was real happy that I could expand my GBA library, until this problem rose up D:

Bt yeah, like I said earlier, is there any guide to replace the battery or do I need to buy a new 3in1?

12. dmonkey21

Member dmonkey21 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hmmm that's just wierd I was going to buy a 3-in-1 gba size from bamboogaming, and they had it named 3-in-1 then. But I just checked and they changed that too XD