ROM Hack Yet another pokemon HG/SS topic

foodmaniac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all. I know there are about 1000 topics about a HG/SS patch but now I seriously don't know which patch to download anymore.
I have an R4 card and am playing HG version, but I get a black (or even white :wtf:) screen of death even now and then. I was wondering if there was a specific patch for an R4. I have tried to use Rudolph's patch, but it doesn't seem to work. It says something like "can't find an original Pokemon HG/SS nds file", even though I put the rom in the same folder and right before the error message comes up, there is a .bak file that is made. And I am also pretty sure that my rom is "clean", as i kept the .rar file as a backup, and tried extracting it again.

Thanks in advance!

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not the only one. I'm getting frustrated with the variety here myself. Normally choice is a good thing, but I think this is one of those cases where there are so many choices that things are becoming counterproductive. If everyone just joined together and made a unified patch, I think it would probably be or almost be completed.

I think the black screens are a result of an anti-pirating check. There are action replay codes to disable them, but I don't know much more than that because I use a CycloDS.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
Magnius's Pokemon Soul Silver Translation -or-
Kazo's Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Translation
Yeah, those are the only good ones out there.

If you don't see their names on a translation patch, then you're looking at a fail translation. Avoid them at all costs!

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
I think the black screens are a result of an anti-pirating check. There are action replay codes to disable them, but I don't know much more than that because I use a CycloDS.

You need to update your Firmware to the 1.56Beta 3, or what ever the newest is. It fixes the need for anti Piracy patches on HG/SS.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrashmanX said:
s3phir0th115 said:

You need to update your Firmware to the 1.56Beta 3, or what ever the newest is. It fixes the need for anti Piracy patches on HG/SS.

I know. That's what I have done. I was just telling him what I know about bypassing it if you don't have a CycloDS.

foodmaniac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually I'm not looking for a translation patch. I want to see how different Pokemon is between the English version and Japanese version. Also, I want to know whether or not I've learnt anything practical in Japanese classes at school.

Can anyone link me to a patch that doesn't translate and is compatible for R4s?

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you only want to defeat the anti-piracy feature on a flash-card - no translation, just use Rudolph's Patch:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FQ2SVU55

If you also want the best English translation for HG and SS, use Kazo's Version 6 + Rudolph's anti-piracy patch:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=178847

grog.gif
lecture.gif

foodmaniac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^ I suppose I could try using Rudolph's patch again....It didn't work last time I used it. I'll try it tonight, since my brother has the DS for the day.

By the way, that link is broken. I got the following message:

Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.
Reasons for this may include:
- Invalid link
- The file has been deleted because it was violating our Terms of service.

Is there another link? I tried downloading it from here before, but it didn't seem to work. It said something about not being able to find a HG/SS nds file but....Ah I already mentioned this in the first post....

foodmaniac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bump...? Am I allowed to do that on this site?

Anyway, I could really use some help. I really want to play this before my school holidays end, which is next Sunday >_>

foodmaniac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, will someone please help me out? I looked around for answers, and found three solutions. None of which have worked.

1) Use Rudolph's patch. I've said twice now that it doesn't work, unless someone has a link to it that is not the megaupload link, or the link I posted two comments ago.

2) Use this patch (which is in Chinese!). I followed the instructions, and it didn't fix anything.

3) Download the new firmware for R4 (version 1.23). I tried this just then and got a freeze.

And no, I refuse to use a translating patch. I actually want to play it in Japanese.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might try this, on another website (romsite)(this isn't a rom either) it says this will prevent the Heart Gold freezes on r4.
I don't believe it is a translation, but not sure 100%

EDIT: Get a fresh rom

foodmaniac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@ Sterl500: I downloaded it just then, it turns out that both the patches are translating patches, which I don't want.

@ klight18: See above.

Sorry if I'm a little too picky, but I just wanted see how Pokemon works when it isn't localised.

nadoon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I really don't know.... Sorry
frown.gif
Anyway, what I'm doing? I'm waiting for the US version of the game then I'm gonna get a patch for THAT. Because, I agree with you. I like the original text in a game, not a custom made one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy