RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xxbrentonxx said:
RolandHazoto said:
as far as I understood it, just about any game would...
Hey i read in your Platinum thread that you were making a HG/SS edit, have you finished that or did you stop working on it? I started playing SS as i thought it would be nostalgic and i was going on holidays for a week and wanted to play it on the way there in the car and when i was bored, but in the end it looks like im addicted to pokemon again
blink.gif
I think im going to wait till official release for pokemon soul silver and play Platinum now. (i tried Diamond before, all i remember was my 2nd highest lvl pokemon was a maniphy from an event i did in a shop)
it's funny you mention that, I am literally workin on the challenger's edition sections as I type this... so to answer your question, that hack is going full steam ahead, originally we were gonna wait for US release but I discovered I can start workin with most of the files I need without a translation... although I have come across a few small snags when it comes to wi-fi events, also apparently there is 10 of them so far, i dunno how many I can actually get into the hack.... but yea, things are goin ahead so far! I have possibly even worked out dialga and palkia already! (untested yet)

xxbrentonxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RolandHazoto said:
xxbrentonxx said:
RolandHazoto said:
Hey i read in your Platinum thread that you were making a HG/SS edit, have you finished that or did you stop working on it? I started playing SS as i thought it would be nostalgic and i was going on holidays for a week and wanted to play it on the way there in the car and when i was bored, but in the end it looks like im addicted to pokemon again
blink.gif
I think im going to wait till official release for pokemon soul silver and play Platinum now. (i tried Diamond before, all i remember was my 2nd highest lvl pokemon was a maniphy from an event i did in a shop)
it's funny you mention that, I am literally workin on the challenger's edition sections as I type this... so to answer your question, that hack is going full steam ahead, originally we were gonna wait for US release but I discovered I can start workin with most of the files I need without a translation... although I have come across a few small snags when it comes to wi-fi events, also apparently there is 10 of them so far, i dunno how many I can actually get into the hack.... but yea, things are goin ahead so far! I have possibly even worked out dialga and palkia already! (untested yet)
You said "we were" do you have a team? I might be interested in helping if you do have a team. So how are you going to do the language thing though, release it in japanese or c/p the english xml over from official english?

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xxbrentonxx said:
RolandHazoto said:
xxbrentonxx said:
RolandHazoto said:
blink.gif
You said "we were" do you have a team? I might be interested in helping if you do have a team. So how are you going to do the language thing though, release it in japanese or c/p the english xml over from official english?
yes I have a team, and all the edits I am doing I can rip right out of the J rom and insert into the U rom... we would have to discuss further your skills and what not before we could just say "ok join us!"
I have gone through many people who said they would help and never did any of their assigned tasks...
Mushen, the guy who helped with Platinum has actually become one of my closest friends since we started together but before him there was many idiots, and now I have 2 others that are proposing a joint effort for the new games... Come see us over at the ProjectPokemon IRC channel and we'll see what happens...

Fluganox

Trophies
XP
Country
UPDATE: after defeating Morty, and saving after the battle, if I boot the game, it runs fine, until after I have chosen to continue, then it black screens/freezes (N)

this is on the M3 Patch, will test it on NAP now.

EDIT: Nap does the exact same (N) for the hell of it, I'll try AP now, even though last time it wouldn't allow me to save.

EDIT 2: Rather weird, but AP Patch is working now, the random freezes have gone, and it allows me to save, but the PokéGear freeze is back
frown.gif
I'll try replacing ARM7

EDIT 3: right, it's done. for anyone on an M3, latest firmware, I believe its 4.7b M59, the Xenophobia clean ROM, with the AP patch, and the updated ARM7 file. No freezes, saving works and Yaymii's translation is pretty dam fine (Y)

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you're confirming that the AP version doesn't make SS unable to save?
Okay, then I'll remake the M3 patch with that.

(@Steveice10: Sorry, I don't know how I could extract that kind of data from a game)

Fluganox

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah I'm confirming. And I've been playing the game solidly for the last hour or so, and have not had it freeze once. Think it's sorted
biggrin.gif

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing with XXLANCEXX's patch on my ak2i, now the ak2i isn't supposed to need an AP so I am using the NAP version, but Items tend to freeze on pick up randomly (not every one, just randon ones) and any phone call that isn't story driven so far seems to freeze (random trainers calling or me calling anyone)

Any thoughts?
Would I have to restart if I switch to AP version?

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do... It froze on me yesterday and I knew i hadn't saved for a good 45 minutes so I put it down and started my hg/ss hack, but now I'm too damn sick to work on it, so some very poorly translated SS in bed sick would be lovely! Are you planning on continuing your translation? it is getting pretty close to the release date for US but it would be really cool if you finished yours, just for the sake of finishing what you started...
EDIT: not quite as far back as I thought I was, I can just skip the Ruin Of Alph... I just tried several phone calls and they worked... dunno why the issue exists for the NAP cuz AKAIO 1.5.1 isn't supposed to need the AP... well whatever...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IchigoUchiha13 said:
YayMii said:
Try with the AP.
You should be fine if you make sure that the AP rom and your save share the same name.
Yaymii have you gotten some Progress on your Patch cause i Always see it on 10%.Im not Complaining just Wondering.

I believe that he's trying to solve a few problems with the patch, I think, from the looks of it. He may have a bit of progress, but still have a few problems. He'll post the new patch when he believes that he needs to.

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RolandHazoto said:
Will do... It froze on me yesterday and I knew i hadn't saved for a good 45 minutes so I put it down and started my hg/ss hack, but now I'm too damn sick to work on it, so some very poorly translated SS in bed sick would be lovely! Are you planning on continuing your translation? it is getting pretty close to the release date for US but it would be really cool if you finished yours, just for the sake of finishing what you started...
EDIT: not quite as far back as I thought I was, I can just skip the Ruin Of Alph... I just tried several phone calls and they worked... dunno why the issue exists for the NAP cuz AKAIO 1.5.1 isn't supposed to need the AP... well whatever...
just froze on an incoming call (actually it was like 2 hours ago but I fell asleep) so it's not perfect but it does seem to be more stable...
EDIT: ok so I am screwed i believe... the only place it seems I can go is union cave, there is an item north of union cave on a grass patch that freezes the game that makes the sound like it is a key item and then there is one in union cave that makes the same fanfare sound, both freeze the game and I have the AP patch on!!!

Fluganox

Trophies
XP
Country
RolandHazoto said:
EDIT: ok so I am screwed i believe... the only place it seems I can go is union cave, there is an item north of union cave on a grass patch that freezes the game that makes the sound like it is a key item and then there is one in union cave that makes the same fanfare sound, both freeze the game and I have the AP patch on!!!

Just use the original ROM, the Xenophobia dump, and rename your save file, pick up the item, then rename it all and use the patched version again. Problem solved (Y)

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thought about tryin this before and finally got around to doing it and oddly enough it worked... Which makes me really wonder why the translations jack up the AP patch...

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whenever i pick up an item it says something like kevan has found the kevan and put it into the whatever pocket it seems to go into, so i think it is mixing up my name with items?

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
IchigoUchiha13 said:
YayMii said:
Try with the AP.
You should be fine if you make sure that the AP rom and your save share the same name.
Yaymii have you gotten some Progress on your Patch cause i Always see it on 10%.Im not Complaining just Wondering.

I believe that he's trying to solve a few problems with the patch, I think, from the looks of it. He may have a bit of progress, but still have a few problems. He'll post the new patch when he believes that he needs to.
hmmm i see i guess that makes sense Thanks R4ymond.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IchigoUchiha13 said:
YayMii said:
Try with the AP.
Well, not really. I've been working on XXLanceXX's patch most of the time.
And I've softmodded my (original) Xbox, so I use it a lot now.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Stevetry, why are all of your posts negative/useless?

Well, I'm not going to. I never planned to make a HG version.
But if someone is willing to convert it, go ahead.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So... What lines are crashing the game for everybody?

EDIT: Me is starting to think that nobody's using the patch anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: +1