Hacking YAY Killed my Wii

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I know it was a deliberated brick, you're testing the thing.

But people with banner bricks is getting ridiculuos, I really don't see the point in having every application in channel form, it take space from your Wii internal memory, and it doesn't add any benefit beside have ''a channel''. It's so hard and time consuming go to the HBC every time you need a specific application?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
But people with channel bricks is getting ridiculuos, I really don't see the point in having every application in channel form, it take space from your Wii internal memory, and it doesn't add any benefit beside have ''a channel''. It's so hard and time consuming go to the HBC every time you need a specific application?
A) Looks appealing and handy for quick access to likes of Emulators etc, or "MOST USED APPS"
b) sorry there ain't a B just you going on about space....???? hmmmm what about the neogeo thread where you were on about having neogeo VC games, You seen the size of them? from 50 to 315blocks!
Now that's taking up serious space... just a few of them and your out of blocks.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
IronMask said:
No offense Quincy... but how do you accidentally update?! It takes a little focus to manuever the pointer with the Wiimote to yes I will update... You got froggy! Just admit it...hehe
i always take my wii to my dads.
thus i am forced to redo my internet settings.
then youll get a screen with update yes or no.
i wanted to click no but you get the point...

(DJDYNAMYTE)also your explanation is inhere lawl

aww just bought wiispeak and cant use it:(

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Will if you accidentally click "Yes", you can always immediatly remove the power plug.

The first step the Wii performs is download the IOS' and then it installs.It doesnt overwrite as it downloads. You have to disconnect it fast though.

There will always be packet loss, and Nintendo wouldnt want people's Wiis to suddenly lose connection during an update and then forcefully be bricked.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
But people with channel bricks is getting ridiculuos, I really don't see the point in having every application in channel form, it take space from your Wii internal memory, and it doesn't add any benefit beside have ''a channel''. It's so hard and time consuming go to the HBC every time you need a specific application?
A) Looks appealing and handy for quick access to likes of Emulators etc, or "MOST USED APPS"
b) sorry there ain't a B just you going on about space....???? hmmmm what about the neogeo thread where you were on about having neogeo VC games, You seen the size of them? from 50 to 315blocks!
Now that's taking up serious space... just a few of them and your out of blocks.

A) I not sure if having a bunch of channels in the Wii menu is appealing, I agree with you in the MOST USED APPS though in my case its only the Backup Loader, the problem is when people wants every app in channel form and they risk a brick for an appealing and handy access.

B) Which bring my benefit point back again, is not the same playing a injected NeoGeo game through VC than GeoGX, the emulation on GeoGX isn't near close to the real game -frame rate hitchs, sound artifacts, game size limitations etc.-. I prefer waste my precious Wii internal memory playing Samurai Shodown 4 in most accurate emulator, there a benefit there since NeoGeo VC is superior to GeoGX, launching an app from the Wii menu or launching it from HBC is the same. But hey, its just me.

Quincy

OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
meh...cant use an autobooting disc without chip right?

yeah you need chip otherwise disc channel wont recognise iso lol, and nothing would boot hahaha
phluck...

ah maybe monday orso i can make an appointment to MOD my WII FTW

and then...
DOWNLOAD AC:LGTTC!!

DST3mp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That happened to me once, I just turned it off while it was downloading the update, and yeha I haven't played TP since I installed TP hack, not that I liked the game much anyways, got past the ice temple and that's as much as I could stomach of it.

Quincy

OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
please tell me that there is another fix...:'(
I do not want to spend my christmas present on this sh**!

how about removing the intern battery?

Quincy

OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
nvm about the int.bat.
frown.gif