YASU - Download Play

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Fleisch, Feb 10, 2008.

Feb 10, 2008

YASU - Download Play by Fleisch at 4:03 PM (4,028 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Fleisch
    OP

Newcomer Fleisch Newbie

China
    Is it just me or has the YASU Menu issues with several games with download play? I've tried Yoshi Touch & Go with both systems but YASU doesn't work. There only appears a blank screen with the Nintendo logo on it.

Does anybody has the same problem as I do?

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Its a known issue.

If you give the official TTMENU.DAT file a .NDS extension, you can boot it from within YASU's menu whenever you need to use download play.

3. Fleisch
    OP

Newcomer Fleisch Newbie

China
    How can I give the official TTMENU.DAT file a .NDS extension? I tried rename it but it doesn't work.

4. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    "Doesn't work"? You should be able to simply rename it in Explorer (assuming you're using Windows). Make sure "Hide known file extensions" is unchecked in your folder options.

5. monaug5

Member monaug5 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    hmm interesting I will try that.

6. sylux92

Member sylux92 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Will the renaming tecnique work with other kinds of firmware too, like r4 or supercard?

7. arsehat

Member arsehat GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    No - at least in the case of starting them on the bare metal rather than manually as a .nds from either the official or the Yasu loader. Some sets of firmware, in particular those derived from Moonshell rather than built from scratch, may have enough DLDI support still left in them by accident to allow you to start them manually, but I wouldn't bet on it and you'd still not be able to load commercial roms with them as their loaders/patchers would be designed with different hardware and different patching strategies in mind.

8. Fleisch
    OP

Newcomer Fleisch Newbie

China
    I managed to rename the file but when I'm opening it the dldi patching doesn't work. At least the patching lasts for a very long time.