YASU - Download Play

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Fleisch, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Fleisch
    OP

Fleisch Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2008
    Switzerland
    Is it just me or has the YASU Menu issues with several games with download play? I've tried Yoshi Touch & Go with both systems but YASU doesn't work. There only appears a blank screen with the Nintendo logo on it.

Does anybody has the same problem as I do?

2. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    Its a known issue.

If you give the official TTMENU.DAT file a .NDS extension, you can boot it from within YASU's menu whenever you need to use download play.

3. Fleisch
    OP

Fleisch Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2008
    Switzerland
    How can I give the official TTMENU.DAT file a .NDS extension? I tried rename it but it doesn't work.

4. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    "Doesn't work"? You should be able to simply rename it in Explorer (assuming you're using Windows). Make sure "Hide known file extensions" is unchecked in your folder options.

5. monaug5

monaug5 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 19, 2006
    Essex
    hmm interesting I will try that.

6. sylux92

sylux92 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 15, 2007
    United States
    Will the renaming tecnique work with other kinds of firmware too, like r4 or supercard?

7. arsehat

arsehat GBAtemp Regular

Jun 12, 2007
    No - at least in the case of starting them on the bare metal rather than manually as a .nds from either the official or the Yasu loader. Some sets of firmware, in particular those derived from Moonshell rather than built from scratch, may have enough DLDI support still left in them by accident to allow you to start them manually, but I wouldn't bet on it and you'd still not be able to load commercial roms with them as their loaders/patchers would be designed with different hardware and different patching strategies in mind.

8. Fleisch
    OP

Fleisch Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2008
    Switzerland
    I managed to rename the file but when I'm opening it the dldi patching doesn't work. At least the patching lasts for a very long time.