Hacking YASU - Download Play

Fleisch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Is it just me or has the YASU Menu issues with several games with download play? I've tried Yoshi Touch & Go with both systems but YASU doesn't work. There only appears a blank screen with the Nintendo logo on it.

Does anybody has the same problem as I do?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a known issue.

If you give the official TTMENU.DAT file a .NDS extension, you can boot it from within YASU's menu whenever you need to use download play.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a known issue.

If you give the official TTMENU.DAT file a .NDS extension, you can boot it from within YASU's menu whenever you need to use download play.

How can I give the official TTMENU.DAT file a .NDS extension? I tried rename it but don't work.
"Doesn't work"? You should be able to simply rename it in Explorer (assuming you're using Windows). Make sure "Hide known file extensions" is unchecked in your folder options.

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Will the renaming tecnique work with other kinds of firmware too, like r4 or supercard?

No - at least in the case of starting them on the bare metal rather than manually as a .nds from either the official or the Yasu loader. Some sets of firmware, in particular those derived from Moonshell rather than built from scratch, may have enough DLDI support still left in them by accident to allow you to start them manually, but I wouldn't bet on it and you'd still not be able to load commercial roms with them as their loaders/patchers would be designed with different hardware and different patching strategies in mind.

Fleisch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I managed to rename the file but when I'm opening it the dldi patching doesn't work. At least the patching lasts for a very long time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse