Railgun

( ' _ ' )
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Bell has released YAOSM 2.0 Final. Changed from previous version (1.9)
is that it now has GameCube audiofix and the most flexible audiofix currently available.

QUOTE said:
yaosm version version 2.0
--------------------------
Yet Another OpenSource Modchip version 2.0

USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Features
--------
- Supports DMS/D2A/D2B chipsets
- Wii originals
- Wii original imports*
- Wii backups
- Wii backup imports*
- Gamecube originals
- Gamecube original imports**
- Gamecube backups
- Gamecube backup imports**
- Gamecube homebrew
- All medias (DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW)
- Dual Layer support
- Fully configurable speed setting
- Automatic region detection
- Stealth (well, at least as much "stealth" as any other Wii modchip currently available)
- "Safe" Configuration disc
- Optional status LED
- Optional disable switch (solder wire to reset switch)
- GameID overriding for some GameID's that was blocked by firmware 3.0
- Support for Super Mario Galaxy backups
- Gamecube audiofix

*Partial support.
See http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php/Wi...atibility_List for more info.

**Partial support, for 100% support use GCOS.
See: http://psx-scene.com/forums/yaosm/55...ion-howto.html and http://psx-scene.com/forums/404629-post1.html

source

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! My PICs came in today and my programmer should be here within 10 days. Now, I'll just have to wait out the release of the Wlip and I'll be set. YAOSM definitely seems to be the route I want to take. But I guess I have a few questions... what's this audiofix everyone's talking about? And what does "fully configurable speed setting" mean? Is it that YAOSM can force games to play faster or slower than normal?

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The audiofix is for Gamecube games. Some Gamecube backups don't stream the audio correctly. They're still playable, but you REALLY don't want to keep the sound on. The audiofix (as expected) fixes this audio problem. [/off-topic]

I'm pretty excited about this. I switched over to Open-Wii for the SMG fix and just didn't bother upgrading to YAOSM 1.9. This may push me over the edge. I wish the two would combine and make a really uber firmware. YAOSM has with DVD upgrades. Open source modchips are made of win.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The audiofix is for Gamecube games. Some Gamecube backups don't stream the audio correctly. They're still playable, but you REALLY don't want to keep the sound on. The audiofix (as expected) fixes this audio problem. [/off-topic]

I'm pretty excited about this. I switched over to Open-Wii for the SMG fix and just didn't bother upgrading to YAOSM 1.9. This may push me over the edge. I wish the two would combine and make a really uber firmware. YAOSM has with DVD upgrades. Open source modchips are made of win.

What does Open-Wii have that YAOSM doesn't besides the ability to upgrade via DVD? You know that's not possible on the hardware YAOSM is made for, right? As far as I know YAOSM is now officially the most fully featured Wii modchip out there, commercial or otherwise.

bobitos: Speed settings are just DVD drive speed settings. It doesn't affect gameplay at all, but it may change your loading times. Essentially the Wii runs at 6x natively for Wii games and 3x for GCN games (the normal GCN speed). Because the hardware has these speeds, the drive controller can be told to run the disks always at 3x, which results in slightly slower loading times, but a quieter drive, and more compatibility with less than quality burns. 3x is the slow speed. 6x is the fast speed. There's also a speed in between, so probably about 4.5 which has some of the benefits of both. Personally, I've had issues with games locking up (SMG) when the speed was set at 3x, so I set it to 4.5x, but have it configured so I can switch to 6x on the fly should I need to. Again, this doesn't affect the speed of the game, just the rotation speed of the disk.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know all those things. I have used YAOSM for a long time (until SMG when I switched to Open-Wii temporarily). It was just a pipe dream for a DVD upgradable YAOSM since I don't have a serial port on my laptop and I don't have a desktop. It wasn't a criticism, it would just be nice. I think open-source chips are amazing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended