[XY/ORAS/SM] Custom 3D Models / Textures Sharing Thread

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Asia81, Jul 13, 2015.

1. HundsWolf

HundsWolf Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2019
    Germany
    Good Morning,

I want to edit Cloting in USUM to make the main Character look like the Female RR Grunt. Now im not very skilled in 3d modeling/editing so I hoped to just be able to swap the files with ones from the grunt.
    Turns out the Grunt is a complete model. Now my Question: would i be able to cut the moddel in parst and make it to clothing that way? Or do I need to model it my self in which case id be doomed. Or is there even another way? W/e way would work a detailed explanation / link to guides would be appreciated.

2. Leraixous

Leraixous Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    I once tried to mess with importing certain model parts onto others but I was never able to get it working myself. There's so much more that goes into modeling and some certain things you can't edit I think so I gave up on it myself. Though if someone's out there who knows, they should come forward :)

Thanks! I also had another quick question, for some pokemon, changing their textures via Ohana makes the textures go green instead of what I had originally textured. It only happens for the eyes in this pokemon, and when I tried to upload the original texture, it turns green still. Anyone ever had this error before?

example.PNG

Last edited by Leraixous, Aug 7, 2019
  3. HundsWolf

HundsWolf Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2019
    Germany
    So i got somewhat further in my Project. I got myself the Modeltextures of the Grunt aswell as the Clothing files I want to edit. Now in the Garc of the clothing are alot of files I cant unpac with BClim and that are apparently not needed to get the clothing itself in the game. I guess they are color etc. would still be interresting/usefull to know what they contain and how to edit them. Im Talking about the files in 0/9/5 that have higher numbers (first 30 or so is clothings) aswell as the 2nd to 4th file in the Unpacked clothing garc. Another Problem I ran into is that Ohana doesnt let me open the Clothing files (Tried to decrypt with LC11) so I used Spika and exported the Texture, but I dont know how to get the Texture back in Spika to look at it another thing woulkd be the "skeletal" data of the Clothing [Since Dress and Pants obv dont have the same base where Textures get aplied on], Id assume its in one of the files I talked about earlyer.

4. Fusion Luigi

Fusion Luigi Pun Master/Loser

Feb 11, 2016
    United States
    Warp Zone
    Looks like you're using Ohana Rebirth. I haven't done any editing to the Pokemon textures yet but try the original Ohana. I'm not 100% sure why this happens but I'd assume it would have to do something with compression.

5. Leraixous

Leraixous Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    I was able to convert my texture file to bch with Spica in order to open it within Ohana 3DS (I used a very early version of rebirth that doesnt allow "all supported files") and I was able to save the bch and opening it in Ohana it shows that it's imported without turning green. However when I compressed the file with Pk3DS and added it back to my game, it just crashes before loading the model and texture in game. Not sure if SPICA is the culprit here but without it I'm not able to convert .bin to .bch and I'm sure how I can use the old Ohana to edit .bins. Or is there another reliable way to convert? Most of the other Ohanas don't want to open my bin files either compressed or decompressed, even the original.

Last edited by Leraixous, Aug 12, 2019
  6. Fusion Luigi

Fusion Luigi Pun Master/Loser

Feb 11, 2016
    United States
    Warp Zone
    Let me experiment with ye olde Ohana with Flygon or some other Pokemon and I'll tell you the results.

Edit: Tested positive with the original Ohana (A little hard to see but there is a little smile on his eye)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by Fusion Luigi, Aug 13, 2019
  7. Leraixous

Leraixous Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    Sorry, this isn't much of a solution for me but I shouldve been clearer: What I meant is literally only Pikachu and Zigzagoon (there may be others) have 1 texture each that turn green when you reimport them with Ohana Rebirth. I'm successful already with editing all the other Pokemon and eyes. I already managed to work around it though and import the texture another way though to prevent the green thing, thanks anyway.

8. Hakaru

Hakaru Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2019
    United States
    There's some videos on Youtube showing model swaps of Pokemon over Brendan's model. I'm trying to put a custom modded Mega Lucario over his over world model. (And even possibly over Brendan's battle model if possible!) Can anyone please tell me how to do that? I already have all of his model names ready to replace. The file extension is different in both OW and battle models than the .147 file for M-Lucario...

Last edited by Hakaru, Aug 16, 2019
  9. Wolfling

Wolfling Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2019
    United States
    I know this is like, 4 years late, but does anyone have Mixeli's custom oras models or know a way i could get them?

Specifically:

Juan and all his music
    Emerald Wallace and all his music and hall of fame texture
    N and all his music

Last edited by Wolfling, Aug 16, 2019
  10. Leraixous

Leraixous Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    I'm in the process right now of remote hacking into Mixeli's PC to obtain the files, no promises though.

Last edited by Leraixous, Aug 18, 2019
  11. Wolfling

Wolfling Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2019
    United States
    Well good luck then Kappa

Leraixous likes this.
  12. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    I initially planned to release this alongside a Galar Linoone remodel/retexture, but things have gotten busy enough that I'm not sure when I can work on that. (I'll do it eventually though)

Here's a Galar Zigzagoon retexture I finished about a week back if you refuse to wait three months for this beautiful punk.

Preview Images
    Front.
    Front-Side. Little-Roar.

Attached Files:

Last edited by 8BitWonder, Aug 20, 2019
  13. nanamihs

nanamihs Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2019
    Brazil
    I made texture from Linoone. Only who has to fix the arrowhead. If you want me to have it step. Would you have texture of ash in Red ??

Attached Files:

14. Mush999

Mush999 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2018
    United States
    I made a gaster inspired mimikyu!

Attached Files:

Leraixous likes this.
  15. Mush999

Mush999 Member

Newcomer