XREAL launches the XREAL Beam Pro spatial computing device globally

Screenshot_2024-06-18-16-10-36-594_com.brave.browser-edit.jpg

A few weeks ago, XREAL launched the XREAL Beam Pro on the Chinese market, and today, the augmented reality company officially announced that the device is also coming to global markets. Paired with a pair of XREAL AR glasses, this upgraded version of the original XREAL Beam aims to offer an affordable, Android-based augmented reality experience to compete with the Apple Vision Pro; and XREAL is already calling the XREAL Beam Pro as a spatial compute device.

Some of the XREAL Beam Pro’s specs are as follows:

• 6.5-inch LCD touchscreen display (2400x1800)
  • 27W fast charging
  • Snapdragon “Spatial Companion Processor” with up to 8GB system memory
  • Dual 50MP 3D cameras to take spatial videos and 3D pictures
  • Capable of taking 1080p videos at 60fps.
  • Integrated speakers
  • WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2 support, and a 5G version will be available
Screenshot_2024-06-18-16-12-43-698_com.brave.browser-edit.jpg

NebulaOS, the Android 14-based OS that the Beam Pro runs on, provides users with a spatial environment, rather than simple screen mirroring of their homepage. It allows up to two apps to be used side-by-side and placed in 3D space, with the Beam Pro functioning as a pointer and touchpad. When paired with the Beam Pro, the XREAL Air, Air 2 and Air 2 Pro glasses offer a 3DoF environment, while the XREAL Air 2 Ultra offers 6DoF environment. On top of the Google Play suite of apps, the device also supports 3D apps made for XREAL glasses.

As the Beam Pro also features a touchscreen of its own, it is able to function as a standalone device to load apps you’d like to view in AR. This can help address worries of draining your phone’s battery while in AR mode. In addition, the new device has two USB-C ports, allowing you to plug in your AR glasses while also charging the Beam Pro.

Screenshot_2024-06-18-16-11-50-610_com.brave.browser-edit.jpg

XREAL has also announced that it partnered with NVIDIA on its CLOUD XR technology as well as with Amazon Web Services for the XREAL Beam Pro’s cloud capabilities. On the gaming front, XREAL said in its press release that it is “committed to making cloud gaming the best it can be on XREAL Beam Pro through cloud gaming services through the Google Play Store or available through browsers”. The company also said that it is dedicating significant effort to ensure that Xbox Cloud Gaming is a first-class experience on the device. It will be interesting to see how the device handles cloud gaming, as well as emulation, in practice.

The XREAL Beam Pro is available to pre-order now, starting at $199, on the official XREAL website. XREAL is also providing owners of the original XREAL Beam with a $50 discount if they pre-order the Beam Pro by July 10th. The device will go on sale on Amazon as from July, with deliveries expected in August.

Screenshot_2024-06-18-16-12-11-233_com.brave.browser-edit.jpg

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why can't do make them look modern and sleek instead of straight out of a bad 80's movie?!
I'll be honest, most modern phones look like hideous shit shows for abominations. This whole "modern and sleek" design choice I feel ruins aspects of a phone, like its ability to be gripped with ease, and not slip out of one's hand so easily due to glossy shell design, especially considering phones are stupid huge these days for whatever reason (buy a damn tablet at this point if you want a large system). The buttonless design choices already make it rather whacky to deal with under certain circumstances, I personally think physical buttons were better in design, you weren't having to fight with an application running trying to swipe it closed. It's also this stupid sleek design choice as to why some phones don't even have an auxiliary jack for headphones, or makes accessing something a bit more difficult because it's located in an inconvenient place on the device.

We need to stop making design top priority, and start putting efficiency above design.

Reactions: ModernSithLord

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I wasn't just gifted a tablet, I would buy the top glasses and this, but I'll just wait for prices to go down and get the most use out of my tablet first.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
why can't they make them glasses look modern and sleek instead of straight out of a bad 80's movie?!
This is just a guess but probably because the people who designed these things grew up on 80s/90s media. So their inspiration was directly lifted from that era

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After getting myself a steam deck and a 55 inch tv, i simply don't know the target market for VR products. Like, what's the reason I want to play my games on VR if a big ass tv or a handheld PC works just fine?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anyone here?