Fairytale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
machomuu said:
Fairytale said:
people who whine about the battle system are either most likely getting their ass handed to them repeatedly or they play too many casual games like ff13
Final Fantasy 13 isn't casual.

It is to anyone that has ever played a game with actual difficulty, not fake difficulty

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm either really crap at this game or there seems to be a large amount of difficult monsters from quite early on...
Do I have to go back and kill a load of other creatures to level up just so I can advance?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't need to make a lot of levels, just enough to combat "normal" enemies. Maps are filled in some area with very strong enemies.

Usually you can advance normally (or easily) when monsters are the same level as your group.
If they are bellow, they are "black" when you target them.

I recommend to always print the monster's status. go to settings, and enable the "always show".
It will show above all enemies :

Difficulty:
Red : very hard (5-10 more level than you )
Yellow : hard
White : normal, but still little hard. Give the best gameplay experience and fun battles. (2-3 levels more than you)
Blue : fun and easy (same level than you)
Black : Too easy, these enemies don't auto-attack you at all, even if they are aggressive. (lower level than you)

Aggressivity:
Dot (•) : not aggressive
Eye (|) : aggressive on sight
Radar (((• : aggressive if you run near them (always walk), and if battle are making noise (usually when an enemy die and produce noise, you see sound waves)
Ether {X} : Detect Ether skill usage during a fight.

Friendliness:
If there are dots around the aggressivity (not an english word?) notification, like ---(•)--- then it will join battles if you attack enemy of the same species.

So if you see a red ---(•)--- don't worry, you can go near, it won't attack.
If you see a red (|), then don't stay in the area, you need to fight monsters in another place to advance in the story
tongue.gif

PS:
Can someone answer my post in the "hype thread" about missions? thank you
tongue.gif

Edit:
Ah yes, ether detection, thanks Shadow.

shadowsfm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, nebula attack any one that is using ether near by.

because i've been doing just about every quest, i'm 10 levels above most monsters around me

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fairytale said:
machomuu said:
Fairytale said:
people who whine about the battle system are either most likely getting their ass handed to them repeatedly or they play too many casual games like ff13
Final Fantasy 13 isn't casual.

It is to anyone that has ever played a game with actual difficulty, not fake difficulty
Hard =/= Hardcore, just because something's easy doesn't make it casual. Also, how much of it have you played?

Also, I really ned to play this, but Dolphin's going slow for me, I don't have any Dual Layer Disks, I only have SD cards big enough to hold it but I need them, and I don't have the money to import it
frown.gif

Fairytale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
a small usb HDD is so cheap, you can get one for like 1/3 of the money the game would cost in a shop in europe
I think I got a 1TB HDD for like 50 bucks ( less than the game costs ) and saw several 250gb HDDs for like 29,99

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
Fairytale said:
a small usb HDD is so cheap, you can get one for like 1/3 of the money the game would cost in a shop in europe
I think I got a 1TB HDD for like 50 bucks ( less than the game costs ) and saw several 250gb HDDs for like 29,99

christ, where you buying your hdd from!? lol

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
mrpinkeye said:
Fairytale said:

Same prices here in France (even with the "piracy tax")

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Cyan said:
Difficulty:
Red : very hard (5-10 more level than you )
Yellow : hard
White : normal, but still little hard. Give the best gameplay experience and fun battles. (2-3 levels more than you)
Blue : fun and easy (same level than you)
Black : Too easy, these enemies don't auto-attack you at all, even if they are aggressive. (lower level than you)

I've noticed that sometimes, black enemies are bad surprises. I've been defeated by a group of Rampah, all black but I got overnumbered...

Geez, what a great game. Best RPG experience since Nier for me...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tetram said:
mrpinkeye said:
Fairytale said:

Same prices here in France (even with the "piracy tax")

Yep here too, 50 euro's will give you a good brand HDD with 1TB.
Example: http://www.mycom.nl/Product/Externe-Harde-...ents-35/1082394

Also awesome game, though I miss puzzles.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's alright..... being a fan of the older JRPGs, and reading Eurogamer lavishing the praise on it like it were the second coming was enough to get me foaming at the mouth for the game lol... but I've got to say I'm pretty disappointed tbh.... the graphics are good (especially for the Wii) but I detest the attack system and can't really gel with the characters for a start... not the worst game ever of course, but I've played it once and that's probably all it's getting..... it'll just be wasting hdd space from now on sorry!! (Although tbh I'm just a morbid old bar steward who hates every FF game since #8 and always moans how rpgs 'arent as good as they used to be' haha...)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Then, learn not to get your game wishes based on magazine review notation, but on your own liking.
Check video of a game before wanting to play it. There were a lot of battle video posted on youtube.

Never judge a game based on someone else review (good or bad).

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
i get a bit annoyed with the whole "see the future" during a battle. seems to slow the pace right down. its helped a few times but annoyed me more than its helped

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Almost 20 hours now, level 28.

I still love the game, but I think I've overdosed... Last night I was running to the next goal without taking the time to watch the places. It made the game boring and repetitive, especially because there were no humans around, only monsters and some merchants (I'm after colony 6, in the swamps).

mrpinkeye said:
i get a bit annoyed with the whole "see the future" during a battle. seems to slow the pace right down. its helped a few times but annoyed me more than its helped

Yeah, I agree. It's usefull only when a powerfull and killing attack will occurs. When you have a vision to tell you that you'll lose 200 HP, it breaks the tempo for nothing...

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've come to love the Mount Torta that resides on the Bionis' Leg.
That thing is piss-easy to take out at an equal level, and may not pose that much of a threat at slightly lower levels (yellow danger).

Just put Shulk behind it and he won't take a single hit, Reyn will take all the blows whilst Sharla does a bit of healing work.

You'll get to raise affinity and your chain gauge a lot, and spam chain attacks, and before you know it that thing will be KO'd.

Best of all it drops rare chests very frequently, and it has Brandle equipment, which have a ridiculously high physical and ether defence for my current stage in the game, as well as having slots. It's even given me weapons for two characters who've yet to join.

Seriously, Brandle Armour is middle-weight and has 115 defense, which is a massive jump up from the last armour I had. Anyone can equip it.
It's a level 32 monster though, but if you've been arm-deep in side quests and exploration like I have then this won't be an issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night