Gaming Xenoblade impressions

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I put 20 or so hours into the game over the first 2 days I had it and I think my characters are all 30 or 31. I haven't been able to play it since then been busy. I've been loving this game, best rpg I've played in awhile. I did a lot of grinding/side quests so I haven't had any issues with defeating boss's or mini boss's. I just finished the colony 6 stuff and am on my way to the next part of the game. I think I might back track and check if there are anymore quests for me to do before I move on though.

I haven't had any problems with the battle system. You can order your team to all attack the same target. I upgrades Reyn's abilities that make him hold agro making him the tank in my group since he has the highest life, combine that with your agro dumping ability on shulk and he pretty much never takes any dmg. I set Sharla up as the heals upgrading those abilitys.

Over all I think its a great game, can't wait till I can put some more time into it.

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
"I can't seem to get past the tentacle mechon"

ha, i came here to get advice on that but im only level 18, so gringing it is then!

i like the game more each time i play it, although everytime i get a new help/tips/tutorial screen i think my heads going to explode!

iv gotten used to the dub, didnt like it to start with but now they just sound like guys from down the street. guess im just used to hearing yanks in games

sometimes i wonder if im playing it right. if its a tricky boss i focus and make sure im stood in the right place for each action and spread them out a bit. but when im fighting lots of lower level enemys i tend to just stand in one spot and cycle through the arts as quick as i can, feel a bit disconnected from the fight...

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mrpinkeye said:

ha, i came here to get advice on that but im only level 18, so gringing it is then!

i like the game more each time i play it, although everytime i get a new help/tips/tutorial screen i think my heads going to explode!

iv gotten used to the dub, didnt like it to start with but now they just sound like guys from down the street. guess im just used to hearing yanks in games

sometimes i wonder if im playing it right. if its a tricky boss i focus and make sure im stood in the right place for each action and spread them out a bit. but when im fighting lots of lower level enemys i tend to just stand in one spot and cycle through the arts as quick as i can, feel a bit disconnected from the fight...
Back track to colony 9 and do all the quests there. You should get a lot of lvls from it. Then after that you could go do all the quests at the camp full of colony 6 people. Once you finish all that the game should be a breeze.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This game is awesome! I played it for hours when I first booted it up. And usually I don't care much for RPG's, but this one is an exception (among with Paper Mario, Mario&Luigi, and a few other ones
tongue.gif
).
And it's actually nice to see a bit of blood on the Wii
biggrin.gif

rt141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome music
Awesome voice cast (if you don't like British accents use jap or... turn it off, it's not bad anyways)
Awesome storyline/bosses
Awesome controls (classic controller)
Good graphics (for Wii that is)
Awesome scenarios/ environments
Awesomest battle system ever! If you at least have some taste for anything that is not a FPS and you don't mind actually pouring some time into a game, otherwise go back to CoD.
This game is for everyone but those who don't like anything that ain't a shooter, in other words, game's awesome.

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Can't take any requests anymore! Everyone seems in need of something and timed quests are a pain.
tongue.gif
But that's me: this game is great. So deep, interesting and well done.

BTW, I'm in Bionis Knee at level 20.

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
Ryoku83 said:
mrpinkeye said:

Back track to colony 9 and do all the quests there. You should get a lot of lvls from it. Then after that you could go do all the quests at the camp full of colony 6 people. Once you finish all that the game should be a breeze.

thanks
smile.gif
will do

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wasn't sure about getting this game, so I borrowed my brother's copy first and installed it to USB Loader GX.
The first gameplay session didn't quite suck me in, with the battles feeling a little weird whilst Reyn was still taking part.

Then I started my second session and absolutely fell in love with it, before I even went to the story check point at the military base I explored colony 9 all over, finding all kinds of collectables and quests, people to interact with and monsters to defeat, finding all sorts of rare treasures and such.

There's a hell of a lot to do and I'm loving the mystery of the story, wondering about the significance of being the inhabitants of the lifeless body of the Bionis, under the threat of invading inhabitants from the opposing lifeless body of the Mechonis.

I just got back from buying the last copy of the game at Gamestation, I had been playing with my old classic controller until now.
Now I have the bitching classic controller pro in its Monado Red flavour, with the better analogue sticks, real ZL/ZR shoulder buttons and ergonomic grips. Playing it is going to be so much better with actual use of those shoulder buttons in particular, controlling the camera and player tactics should be better.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyan said:
Classic Pro is so much better for that game
smile.gif

I'm glad it was bundled with my copy of the game.
Me too, seperately I would've paid another £10 for the pro controller, and it wouldn't have been this awesome red colour.
Makes me want the red wii motion plus controller, but I don't exactly want Wii Play Motion or Fling Smash.
Skyward Sword is going to have the gold motion plus controller anyhow.
smile.gif

Fairytale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
people who whine about the battle system are either most likely getting their ass handed to them repeatedly or they play too many casual games like ff13

nythu123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i got this game as fast as i could cuz i saw how awesome it was...when i got it it blew my mind away!

What level are you? 44

Where are you in the game? At Snowy mountain- right after prison island

Battles: Would have been better if you could turn off the auto-attack, but still impressive, and never seen a battle system like it before. Difficult to make a team, since most of them are good, ex. tanks, healers, etc. and limited with an amount of 3 makes the game more complicated but fun.

Music: The soundtrack for this game is AWESOME!!!!!! it has the best music that goes with the mood. I like the music played when Fiora dies, and some of the battle music too. There just good to set the mood in the game.

Plot: The plot is awesome...the relationships between the characters are good, plus how far the story can progress still amazes me...most unique part is seeing a glimpse of the story in a vision, being confused about it, then seeing the video and being amazed...love how theres a lot of scenes so you can enjoy the plot of the game without constantly spamming the a button to read more..

If you think this game is boring, your wrong....if u think the story sucks continue it till prision island and i guarantee you won't wanna stop... I got pissed when Fiora died... =( but the story excells after that.
It is really helpful to have a classic controller for this game, especially for changing angles, and the outline of controls are far better then the normal wii remote and nunchuk....the missions are quite random, confusing even... barely did some cuz of time... already 23 HR into the game and i think im about 1/3 done.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm seriously considering getting this but the battle system seems to like an MMO type game which I'm not sure about. But the story, world map and characters seem great.

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
is there a way to quickly reset the camera angle to behind you? i find it takes a while to pan it back round manually...even with a pro controller

Sahduk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
Sorry, forgot to answer the level and position in game.
I'm like you, lv36 going to sea. (well, first I have to fight the big flying thing)

(Shouldn't spoil too much).

Like the Nopon said near the tree : You will be surprised
tongue.gif

And we need to continue with Reyn's odor too...
Ahaha, of course he would sweat in that armor in tropical forest XD

What sort of tv are you playing this on?! All my wii games look like a blury mess
frown.gif

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great experience for me. I gave up my PS3 for one week since I had this game. Played 7h, level 16, on the leg of Bionis.

By the way : for people having difficulties with the aiming system and the camera, the classic controller pro is what you need (price is 25€).
The game is far much better with this gamepad, and you will not be lost in everything you have to deal with.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
mrpinkeye said:
is there a way to quickly reset the camera angle to behind you? i find it takes a while to pan it back round manually...even with a pro controller
Yes, press and release quickly the camera button.
Zl on classic controller, Z or c on nunchuk I think.

Also, you can change the speed of the horizontal camera in the settings. I've set it to fast.

QUOTE(Sahduk @ Aug 27 2011, 03:05 AM) What sort of tv are you playing this on?! All my wii games look like a blury mess
frown.gif
I'm playing on a 32" 1080p TV with 480p component setting on Wii.
The screenshot I took are from the WiiRd debugger, extracted directly from the Wii memory (The wii is not capable of displaying 16:9, it's always outputing 640 pixel width, they are only deforming the aspect ratio of the elements on screen to look fine on widescreen, like oval instead of circle, to looks like circle on stretched image).

Though, I don't think the images are blurry on my TV, it match all other Wii games.
Just too much abuse of the LevelOfDetail sometime (jungle's distance of the LOD is too near), but I don't care. What I'm looking is the story/gameplay/fun, not graphics.

They could have made it in more smooth method (morphing the shape for example, instead of replacing it directly).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1