Gaming Xenoblade Chronicles Hype Thread!

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
robbywu said:
Bladexdsl said:
not sure i'll be playing this for much longer with no healing items and absolutely no way to control the other party members it's just turning me off it!

shulk has a healing ability level it up with the AP points... and if you keep dieing then maybe your fighting too strong of enemies nad you need to lvl up a bit first
yeah just what i want to do grind for hours....
Welcome to traditional RPGs.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
BONG4002 said:
Bladexdsl said:
not sure i'll be playing this for much longer with no healing items and absolutely no way to control the other party members it's just turning me off it!

You can always use as a last resort cheats (Gecko) so that you are invincible
wink.gif
I have played the game without in the beginning but it was a bit annoying to die so many times so i decided to use the cheats
smile.gif

@Blade: You can give directives to other members:
free fight, All on the same enemy, Don't do a thing.

Well, that's all
tongue.gif

But I don't see any problem. I'm enjoying the game play, and battle system is fine (and easy) in my opinions.
@Bong: how could you die so often? I've complete all the first waves of quests (10hours), then went fighting a little enemies of the same level as my members (I'm now Lv15 when I have to go to colony 6).
I have difficulty dieing, except if I go to Lv70 enemies on some region of the Colony 9 map.
I enjoy walking and doing mission, so level up is done at the same time. I don't speed to complete the game and die on hard battles because I didn't level up enough.
After Colony 6 access, there are new missions on colony9, I'm completing the one I can before quitting C9 (there's a quest which span all over the game).

I don't know if I missed quests and/or C9 trophies. I think I did.

QUOTE(Spongeroberto @ Aug 18 2011, 07:45 PM)
So what do you guys think of the controls? Mote + chuck or classic?
I prefer Classic, Camera is so easier to move
biggrin.gif

Z+Dad is annoying (and it's zooming at the same time if you hit A or B), while on classic it's not zooming as you can rotate without pressing the camera zoom button.

Edit : I just received my Collector pack from Amazon
biggrin.gif

Post office did a fast delivery.

onionpalac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So - getting the hang of this thing.
Still getting used to the battle system.
Still a bit weird for me though - especially while doing the whole Metal Face battle.

Any guide up anywhere yet?
So much detail with battles and inventory - I have the urge to want to understand it all ...

nemesiskkc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi!

Who wants to help me a bit?

I'm at the battle with "Xord" the other one with the Metal Face ^^

I'm lvl 27 and he is lvl 25 but there is no way of defeating him...

I know that i have to throw him down with a chain attack but with the other mechons still attacking me and Xord with his big attacks i cant throw him down maybe 2 times in the battle but that isnt enough damage to kill him...

I would appreciate some help here thx

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nemesiskkc said:
Hi!

Who wants to help me a bit?

I'm at the battle with "Xord" the other one with the Metal Face ^^
I just did it
smile.gif

I didn't focus on doing chains to make it fall in fact...
I'm level 26, and didn't have any difficulty.

You don't need to kill it, there are scenes after he loose some HP (or maybe after some minutes in battle).

I took control of Reyn (I went to the battle without switching back to Shulk
tongue.gif
), so the IA was controlling Shulk and Monado. He gave us the enchantment so we can do damages too (at least to the little ones).
But I think we could damage him without problem. with Reyn, use any falling tech when you see that the enemy is ready to fall.

I'm 30H in games now, I'm focusing on missions (as the leg's missions are mostly timed, if you go too far in the story you loose the missions). And missions gives 10x to 100x more exp than battles.
Though, I didn't find all the unique monsters for quests (the one on the lac on rainy weather for example, I don't know where to check: Islands near the water or the one with cord-bridges?).

Edit:
Oh, also, about the relationship.
Is it more important to have everyone happiest, or link them together even if they are not happy?
Sometime you have to choose which person you will help, and it will change the relationships level between them. (help the old person and everyone are linked but not happy, or help the book writer and 3 persons are very happy but one is not linked).
I don't know what's best.
I decided to help everyone.

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Only about 6 hours in here. On my way to the second colony now. Very much enjoying the game. I bet many people will be put off by the Japanese style (but from a Japanese rpg, what would you expect?). That would be a bit of a shame, because I get the feeling this could be the best RPG of this console generation.

I grind the special monsters / minibosses (like the bird dragon thing at the battery tower) for some above-average items.

I don't pay attention to relationships, I just help anyone I can. Probably the reason I have as yet been unable to activate a singe face-to-face event
tongue.gif

Gem-crafting I don't really understand. I just select the ingredients with the smallest % first so I can get as close to 99% as possible, then add an item with a big bonus. That way, when the crafting begins it's already at 160%. I usually end up with a lvl 2 gem that way. But the character selection... I just ignore that.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it's mostly working in battles, when you successfully hit the button. I got "friendship is developing" once in battle.
It also work a lot when completing missions, the characters in the party are participating in the conversations and win hearts.
Though, it seems to take a lot of time to develop!

I got only 2 activated face-to-face, and 1 which I need higher stats, all other are still marked unavailable. (I don't even know the needed characters).

I did the crafting only once.
I use the gem I find on completing missions and they are just fine
tongue.gif

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
What is the update on this disk?

I'm just curious really, my wii is set to bypass it but on my brothers Wii, which isn't moded, it had to update so I was wondering what update it is.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
4.3E, as there's an IOS80 and system menu v514
There are also all the IOS222 223 249 250 254 v65280.

You know what's missing in the game ?
seeing other players doing their quests too.... Wait, it's not a MSORPG? (Massively single_player Online RPG)
It already feels like a MMORPG but I'm alone to travel these lands (not even PNJ are traveling, too bad they are only on towns)
It would be great if it were online, the maps are very big for everyone to share and missions work like on MMORPG.

cloudskipa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Game is awesome! Best RPG I've played since KoToR and best JRPG since FFVIII.

Poor PS3 and 360 must be jealous of the Wii again.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
I'm focusing on missions (as the leg's missions are mostly timed, if you go too far in the story you loose the missions)
Really? how far???
I'm now inside the bionis but I didnt complete every mission on the bionis leg.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
does anyone know how to kill the dark murakmor, it can only been seen at night, it's when you 1st go into the town and it's near the water area slumped on the ground, as soon as you go near it it flies up in the air and i am unable to attack it because it's so high up and i end up taking 900 damage and dying instantly XD there is no guide on how to kill this annoying boss either.

also can anyone give me some tips about the side quests, most of the time i don't know where to look for the items or monster they want me to kill.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jalaneme said:
does anyone know how to kill the dark murakmor, it can only been seen at night, it's when you 1st go into the town and it's near the water area slumped on the ground, as soon as you go near it it flies up in the air and i am unable to attack it because it's so high up and i end up taking 900 damage and dying instantly XD there is no guide on how to kill this annoying boss either.

also can anyone give me some tips about the side quests, most of the time i don't know where to look for the items or monster they want me to kill.
Most of the time the quest giver will tell you a land mark its near so you'll have to search the area near the land mark. Usually in the quest log it will tell you the general area the monster in is as well.

As for the dark murakmor i don't remember that monster i probably killed it a long time ago. A little later on you'll get a ability that will hit everything infront of you so when you get that ability you might be able to swing at it with that ability to get it to come down from the air.

Izludicus

Trophies
XP
Country
NahuelDS said:
Cyan said:
I'm focusing on missions (as the leg's missions are mostly timed, if you go too far in the story you loose the missions)
Really? how far???

You're literally at the point where it can potentially happen. There's a new quest at Colony 6 you can do, and when you're about to finish it you're given the choice to wait until you do the quests or carry on.

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
jalaneme said:

I beat the dark murakmor a number of times in broad daylight. He's sitting on the southern air battery. Go to the residential district, go up those stone stairs and go next to the house of the little guy. You can jump over the fence there and you will land on the slope of the air battery. Simply walk up and you're there.

He's a very tough boss, though. (lvl 18 special monster)

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Izludicus said:
NahuelDS said:
Cyan said:
Really? how far???
You're literally at the point where it can potentially happen. There's a new quest at Colony 6 you can do, and when you're about to finish it you're given the choice to wait until you do the quests or carry on.
Thanks! I accepted that quest (the bridge quest) at Colony 6 but didn't complete it. So I didn't miss anything, did I?

This could be helpful... Xenoblade Japanese Guide (google translate)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k