Gaming Xenoblade Chronicles Hype Thread!

mkkid28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
demitrius said:
It works just fine on CFG, and I'm using a way old version (57c?) - didn't have to do any fiddling or installing with IOS either. It should work out of the gate for anyone.

I've not been able to get it to play using CFG, I'm really confused.

ciris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working over here on the latest CFG Loader 70-222. Though I cant remember what CIOS Im using. I was on cios 14 for the longest time and moved 15, I think. I cant remember now... Have to go check. But my default IOS to load most my titles is 222.

onionpalac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok - so I wanna like this game but the method of battle is way beyond me.
The Zelda series is my favorite so the exploration and adventure style of this game appeals to me but I'm used to that ol' real time battle.
Is there an informative YouTube video to help me out with the battles here?
Or some kind of tutorial.
This game could open me up to other RPGs if I get the right guidance.

I understand the basics here - about choosing arts and such but it's a bit distracting to watch the icons and move away from being hit by enemies. I'm easily killed.
I enjoy expiring and doing the small quests but every time I'm stuck in a battle I don't enjoy it.
So - any help?
Thanks ....

thelastbigfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You aren't really meant to move away from attacking enemies. You won't really dodge their attacks that way. You ARE meant to utilize some of the positional attacks. Shulk for example has a move (not in front of the game atm so the name excapes me) that will cause DEF Down if you hit an enemy from the side, and another that deals far more damage if you are behind the enemy.

So it is very MMO like in that you need to let Reyn get the hate from the enemy, then position yourself to get the maximum effect out of skills. Early on, just attack everything, do a lot of the sidequests and soon enough you will be pretty decently leveled for most fights for a while.

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
"i like the game but the screen is really small, its in the middle of 2 giant black bars. Anybody have this problem? it makes it kind of hard to read the smaller text. "

i hate this, this is the reason i couldnt play monster hunter. why do they assume we all have 50" crazy tvs!?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try setting your Wii as 16:9 in the main settings.
The image will be a little stretched on your 4:3 TV but at least it will be fullscreen without black bars.
Maybe you won't see a lot of difference, as it's a fake 16:9, it's still 640px width.
(640x456p)
Image taken on EDTV 16:9 480p mode.

Yesterday I played for 5 hours, I made only missions!
I still didn't went to the military base, I'm having fun with completing missions, though I don't know where/when I can find "Lukas", someone know ?
tongue.gif

The PNJ relationship is a little hard to use when you search someone in particular to see his available time, a list of names sorted alphabetically would have been appreciated.

onionpalac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thelastbigfall said:
You aren't really meant to move away from attacking enemies. You won't really dodge their attacks that way. You ARE meant to utilize some of the positional attacks. Shulk for example has a move (not in front of the game atm so the name excapes me) that will cause DEF Down if you hit an enemy from the side, and another that deals far more damage if you are behind the enemy.

So it is very MMO like in that you need to let Reyn get the hate from the enemy, then position yourself to get the maximum effect out of skills. Early on, just attack everything, do a lot of the sidequests and soon enough you will be pretty decently leveled for most fights for a while.

I was having away a lot trying to dodge attacks from enemies.
That seemed like the technique used a lot on a few videos I saw.
I'll try working on my positioning with appropriate attacks like you suggest.

More side-quests.
Good idea.
I think I'll try a few of them before I advance the story further.
Thanks!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
not sure i'll be playing this for much longer with no healing items and absolutely no way to control the other party members it's just turning me off it!

BONG4002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bladexdsl said:
not sure i'll be playing this for much longer with no healing items and absolutely no way to control the other party members it's just turning me off it!

You can always use as a last resort cheats (Gecko) so that you are invincible
wink.gif
I have played the game without in the beginning but it was a bit annoying to die so many times so i decided to use the cheats
smile.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spongeroberto said:
So what do you guys think of the controls? Mote + chuck or classic?
I've used my F310 Gamepad and it works pretty well, so I recommend Classic Controller.

Also, I tried it on Dolphin, and this game isn't that much like FF XII.

robbywu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:

shulk has a healing ability level it up with the AP points... and if you keep dieing then maybe your fighting too strong of enemies nad you need to lvl up a bit first

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
robbywu said:
Bladexdsl said:

shulk has a healing ability level it up with the AP points... and if you keep dieing then maybe your fighting too strong of enemies nad you need to lvl up a bit first
yeah just what i want to do grind for hours....

timgorden11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know if there's a way to see how much xp you need until you level up? I can see how much xp I currently have but I can't see the amount need to level up.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mrpinkeye said:
"i like the game but the screen is really small, its in the middle of 2 giant black bars. Anybody have this problem? it makes it kind of hard to read the smaller text. "

i hate this, this is the reason i couldnt play monster hunter. why do they assume we all have 50" crazy tvs!?

Turn your wii to 16:9 Mode and your TV to 4:3. That should help.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A type of fish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna do my homework
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    see ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man steams only downloading 15mbps
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, wdym thats quite fast
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Just upgraded to 1Gbps Internet, it was cheaper than the other company by a few bucks lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 15mbps is fast
    Ken do I mention that I had 500Mbps and upgraded to 1Gbps and it is only 40 dollars a month?
    But honestly next month will likely be 10 bucks a month.... Dude called his boss and pretty much got a job out of the deal making like 30 bucks an hour.
    They get a 30 dollar discount being an employee lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, how much do you earn
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    After taxes enough for one meth pipe
    +1
    About 4K a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, that'll probably double within a year att?
    Well 4K then bonus and stuff lol
    Ken no I will be working for Satan.... Spectrum AKA Comcast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should call att just to see how they can beg me to come back
    +1
    But 10 bucks a month for phone and 1Gbps internet and make like 4K+ a month... I will work for the devil lol
    With that kind of money might get a Pi5 and an Orange Pi lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm hanging up on you if you call me about my bill
    +1
    lol Ken I will be going door to door in Florida fighting off meth addicts lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Att still wants 80 a month
    They just want to reach out and touch your wallet Ken lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: They just want to reach out and touch your wallet Ken lol