Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh... Looks like Xenoblade 3 just got a new update to v2.1.0.

New patch includes Pyra and Mythra Amiibo support (gives you their respective swords from XB2, only usable on Swordfighter job), apparently you can do something in-game to get them from a Nopon "Miibomii" located at Llyn Nyddwr Camp in the Fornis region, if you "meet certain criteria."

Also some bug fixes for Future Redeemed.
Post automatically merged:

hmmm... Yea, installling the 2.1.0 update, I get a Nopon named "DUMMY", who brings up a bunch of random text (looks like it grabbed a bunch of dialog lines from random places in the game's script), the options it gives are buggy, and has some "DUMMY" selections, the 2 swords aren't awarded if you've met the requirements, and even scanning the Pyra and Mythra amiibos (via some very hard to find .bins...) just gets random stuff, instead of the new sword skins...

Last edited by edale,

OldManKain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh... Looks like Xenoblade 3 just got a new update to v2.1.0.

New patch includes Pyra and Mythra Amiibo support (gives you their respective swords from XB2, only usable on Swordfighter job), apparently you can do something in-game to get them from a Nopon "Miibomii" located at Llyn Nyddwr Camp in the Fornis region, if you "meet certain criteria."

Also some bug fixes for Future Redeemed.

hmmm... Yea, installling the 2.1.0 update, I get a Nopon named "DUMMY", who brings up a bunch of random text (looks like it grabbed a bunch of dialog lines from random places in the game's script), the options it gives are buggy, and has some "DUMMY" selections, the 2 swords aren't awarded if you've met the requirements, and even scanning the Pyra and Mythra amiibos (via some very hard to find .bins...) just gets random stuff, instead of the new sword skins...

That's because you need to redump the DLC files also since they were updated

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I personally wouldn't recommend trying XC3 on emulator; I've had some pretty bad lag spikes and lighting issues, attempting to play it via Ryujinx on my macOS Ventura.

Compared to that, I've had very minimal issues playing it on actual Switch hardware.

Khumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I personally wouldn't recommend trying XC3 on emulator; I've had some pretty bad lag spikes and lighting issues, attempting to play it via Ryujinx on my macOS Ventura.

Compared to that, I've had very minimal issues playing it on actual Switch hardware.
I played the entire base game on Ryujinx on Windows, other than the issue mentioned on my post and the 60fps ether collect crash that can be fixed with a cheat code, its been a pretty smooth experience. 60 FPS makes combat so much better and the 1080p mod made game waaay prettier than vanilla, I would recommend the game either way but if you don't mind downloading mods/cheats I think emulator is the best platform.

laximar11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I played the entire base game on Ryujinx on Windows, other than the issue mentioned on my post and the 60fps ether collect crash that can be fixed with a cheat code, its been a pretty smooth experience. 60 FPS makes combat so much better and the 1080p mod made game waaay prettier than vanilla, I would recommend the game either way but if you don't mind downloading mods/cheats I think emulator is the best platform.
I don't know if it happens to you but at 60 fps some effects of the powers are lost

Esto se debe a que también necesita volver a descargar los archivos DLC, ya que se actualizaron.
Do you have a source for the updated dlc?

Khumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can't say I noticed, are you talking about visual effects or status effects like Power charge, Attack up, etc?

laximar11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Can't say I noticed, are you talking about visual effects or status effects like Power charge, Attack up, etc?
yes of attacks

That's because you need to redump the DLC files also since they were updated
I give up on the pages where they received the update, the dlcs are the same and the same bug always appears

for those who want to have the skin of the swords they have to delete the dlc claim them and then reinstall the dlc but the npc error will still be there

Last edited by laximar11,

Khumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yes of attacks
No issues on my end, all combat effects work as desired. Though after the early game there are so many modifiers, buffs and debuffs that its hard to tell if all of them work, any in particular that wouldn't work for you?

laximar11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
No issues on my end, all combat effects work as desired. Though after the early game there are so many modifiers, buffs and debuffs that its hard to tell if all of them work, any in particular that wouldn't work for you?
sorry I was talking about the visual effects for example with rex when using the skills the swords do not show the effect of cutting with flames and light

1689991029094.png
30 fps

1689991894566.png

60 fps I think it's the mod fix I'm using I'm not sure

Last edited by laximar11,

Sayshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Quick question, do mods for 2.0.0 work on version 2.1.0? Trying to run the scalar mod and no dice. Forgive me. There are so many links to mods scattered around this fourm I'm not sure what I need and what I don't ><;
Would anyone be kind enough to help clarify?

Last edited by Sayshi,

laximar11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Quick question, do mods for 2.0.0 work on version 2.1.0? Trying to run the scalar mod and no dice. Forgive me. There are so many links to mods scattered around this fourm I'm not sure what I need and what I don't ><;
Would anyone be kind enough to help clarify?
no, quick question if you were able to claim the skins

main

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello guys i currently updated my keys, firmware and yuzu EA and when i boot up my game my save is gone? but theres still saves in my save folder of the game. Does anyone know how to recover this or anything? My saves on my other games seem perfectly fine (XBCDE and 2)

edit: im not sure what it is i reverted my firmware keys etc and 0 mods are loading (only for xenoblade chronicles 3) as well. but mods on my other games and save files are perfectly fine

edit again: somehow when i was gonna try out ryujinx and was transferring my mods and stuff over i tried yuzu again and everything works again like nothing happened. weird

Last edited by main,

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for those who want to have the skin of the swords they have to delete the dlc claim them and then reinstall the dlc but the npc error will still be there
Can confirm.
Toggle off the DLC in Yuzu or Ryujinx.
Start the game, when you load your save, it'll give a "missing DLC files" error, say to start anyways.
All content to get the new sword skins works properly.
Save with the sword skins obtained.
Restart emulator, and reactivate DLC.
Start game, and load save with sword skins obtained.
You can equip the skins, and they'll work visually, however both skins show up as "DUMMY" in the menu (so you'll need to actually get into a battle, to draw your sword, to see which you equipped).

As an aside, I uninstalled all DLCs, and tested after installing each one in order, and DLC 4 is the one causing the problem, so I think like OldManKain said, we need to get an updated dump of DLC 4 to get things working properly... In the meantime, I'd suggest anyone wanting to play Future Redeemed stick to update 2.0.0 if you can't get the 2.1.0 update working properly with DLC 4 installed; to avoid any bugs from the update not applying correctly.

Last edited by edale,

Khumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
sorry I was talking about the visual effects for example with rex when using the skills the swords do not show the effect of cutting with flames and light

View attachment 38440230 fps

View attachment 384403
60 fps I think it's the mod fix I'm using I'm not sure
I can confirm the visual effects work fine for me. Are you using the correct 60fps mod? there's different ones for the base game and FR.

Honks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm the visual effects work fine for me. Are you using the correct 60fps mod? there's different ones for the base game and FR.
the only one that seems to work for me is 60fps gameplay, 30 fps cutscene mod, no other one works, 21:9, disable scaling dont work, improved LOD and shadows may also not work, no idea how it looks without them

I think I saw somewhere a mod/cheat that enabled 60fps gameplay while keeping UI and movies as 30fps. The "60fps gameplay + 30 cutscene" does not limit the UI. Anyone knows where to find it?

Last edited by Honks,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh