Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

oblivious6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey so I'm wanting to replay xenoblade 3 on my pc so I can 100% the game since I just can't deal with the frame drops I get on the switch if it's not too much to ask could someone recommend me what mods are worth setting up to make the game look and play as good as possible. kinda confused whether it's better to be using emu scaler enabler or the 2k mod and there's also some other mods like improve LOD and DOF that I'm not sure if they're worth it or if they impact performance a lot. any help at all would be massively appreciated

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey so I'm wanting to replay xenoblade 3 on my pc so I can 100% the game since I just can't deal with the frame drops I get on the switch if it's not too much to ask could someone recommend me what mods are worth setting up to make the game look and play as good as possible. kinda confused whether it's better to be using emu scaler enabler or the 2k mod and there's also some other mods like improve LOD and DOF that I'm not sure if they're worth it or if they impact performance a lot. any help at all would be massively appreciated

Disable DOF.rar
Remove Chromatic Aberration.rar
Remove Motion Blur.rar
Remove Outlines.rar

Emu Scaler Enabler.rar (set emulator at desired resolution)
OR
Disable Scaling.rar + 2K.rar (set emulator to 1x resolution)

Those are the mods I used (my PC doesn't have a good enough CPU to benefit from a 60 FPS mod, though i could get a consistent 30 FPS).
Apparently the Emu Scaler Enabler disables the in-game AA, and the Disable Scaling + 2K mods doesn't... I saw no evidence of this when I was playing (then again I was using FSR, and most of the other screenshots I've seen have been using bilinear).

Improve Level of Detail.rar
Improve Shadows.rar

And these one will improve visuals at the cost of performance, so only use if you've got a good enough CPU/GPU.

tazbuc64

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to sort out this text scaling, surely it's not meant to be like this? Using 2k + Disable scaling. Pretty much the same setup as the comment above otherwise.

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to sort out this text scaling, surely it's not meant to be like this? Using 2k + Disable scaling. Pretty much the same setup as the comment above otherwise.

Is your resolution set to x1 in the emulator options?

Khumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
New to the forum, apologies if I shouldn't post here.
I've been playing XB3 on Ryujinx(latest update) without any mods at all, only adding them later in my playthrough, and yet there's an issue that happens from time to time:
Sometimes when my party members "warp" to me to catch up, the game freezes and their bodies disappear, becoming floating heads for those frames and after a while it fixes itself and the game resumes. It's not a deal breaker and I'm like 100+ hours in but its the only thing stopping me from having a perfect experience. Did this happen to anyone else?

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New to the forum, apologies if I shouldn't post here.
I've been playing XB3 on Ryujinx(latest update) without any mods at all, only adding them later in my playthrough, and yet there's an issue that happens from time to time:
Sometimes when my party members "warp" to me to catch up, the game freezes and their bodies disappear, becoming floating heads for those frames and after a while it fixes itself and the game resumes. It's not a deal breaker and I'm like 100+ hours in but its the only thing stopping me from having a perfect experience. Did this happen to anyone else?
That's shader glitching, similar to vortex explosions. Exit Ryujinx, and restart it, and the problem should go away (until you play long enough and it starts up again...).

If the problem persists after a restart, then delete your shader cache.

I'd also recommend Yuzu, it tends to have better performance with XB3 (you can transfer your save over). (with the exception of the Pentalas Region, if you have an AMD GPU, if you have a Nvidia GPU you'll be fine)

Last edited by edale,

rodytto

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sometimes the textures (like grass, trees) starts flashing and I need to change the map/load save data or reset the game, is this normal? Running the game with Vulkan, I have a gtx 1660 (Nvidia) and I'm using EA 3754
Here is my list of active mods:
1689398904204.png

Pokeys

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Anyone experiencing crashes during long cutscenes on Ryujinx? Keep crashing during long cutscenes, not sure if it's just Ryujinx.

Current mods:-

2K/Disable Scaling
Improve Level of Detail
Improve Shadows
Improve DOF
Remove Motion Blur
Remove Outlines

Thanks for all the mods, looks so much better than when i played it on my Switch. Only having issues with cutscenes, game plays great actually

rodytto

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sometimes the textures (like grass, trees) starts flashing and I need to change the map/load save data or reset the game, is this normal? Running the game with Vulkan, I have a gtx 1660 (Nvidia) and I'm using EA 3754
Here is my list of active mods:
View attachment 383442
Also sometimes the game glitches in chain attacks, the screen gets white and I need to restart the game or suspend the chain attack before the game crashes

Khumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That's shader glitching, similar to vortex explosions. Exit Ryujinx, and restart it, and the problem should go away (until you play long enough and it starts up again...).

If the problem persists after a restart, then delete your shader cache.

I'd also recommend Yuzu, it tends to have better performance with XB3 (you can transfer your save over). (with the exception of the Pentalas Region, if you have an AMD GPU, if you have a Nvidia GPU you'll be fine)
Hey sorry it took a while, the problem has persisted for my whole playthrough, I did try deleting my shader cache after your post, however it still happens.
Its not a huge turnoff, only places where its really annoying is where NPCs keep falling off and teleporting to you, when that happens there's a possibility of the bug happening many times in a row. Sometimes the game just gives up and leaves them with invisible bodies. (pic below)
1689457471306.png

Groogalz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello
It seems like i cant move my characters at the beggining of chapter two in Future Redeemed
I can move the camera but the left stick isnt working
Anyone ever had this?

Jazzido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so ive been playing the game on Version 1.1.0 and I wanted to get the DLC. Unfortunatly when I install and enable updates 1.3.0 and 2.0.0, the game itself doesnt update. All of the DLC's are still locked and there are no new patch notes. Does anyone have a solution for this?

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so ive been playing the game on Version 1.1.0 and I wanted to get the DLC. Unfortunatly when I install and enable updates 1.3.0 and 2.0.0, the game itself doesnt update. All of the DLC's are still locked and there are no new patch notes. Does anyone have a solution for this?
Did you update your prod.keys and firmware?

If you did update your prod.keys and firmware, and it's still not working, check this post to see if it helps:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-3-emulator-etc-discussion.616262/post-10139440

popza0123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I install patch 2.1.0 on yuzu emulator it problem bug dummy on fornis region on the nopon npc name
Miibomii has appeared at Llyn Nyddwr Camp it cannot obtain skin weapon
Pyra amiibo Aegis Sword: Pyra Mythra amiibo Aegis Sword: Mythra can enyone how going to fix it
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi