Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

RemIsBestest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe try disabling all the mods, and enabling them one by one (with scaler enabler first reactivated), to make sure it's not a problem with one of the other mods.

I also attached a copy of the 5 mods I use, in case one of the ones you have is the problem (they're also gonna have the assorted versions of the mod for older builds of the game, since I didn't sort out just the v2.1.0 ones).

Here's my settings, and I have no problems like you have (Oh, and I'm currently on Yuzu EA build 3352):

View attachment 387509
View attachment 387510View attachment 387511

Oh, and my Audio driver is set to 'sdl2', because I got some audio desync in xenoblade 3 with it on 'auto' or 'cubeb'.
First tried disabling all mods except the Emu Scaler and the artifacts remained. Then used your batch of mods and they still presented artifacts. If anything, it might be that I'm using a mainline build whilst you're using an Early Access build. Graphics settings are also basically identical.

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First tried disabling all mods except the Emu Scaler and the artifacts remained. Then used your batch of mods and they still presented artifacts. If anything, it might be that I'm using a mainline build whilst you're using an Early Access build. Graphics settings are also basically identical.
Make sure you try the most up to date mainline build then, or get the EA build. Also make sure your GPU drivers are up to date.

RemIsBestest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you try the most up to date mainline build then, or get the EA build. Also make sure your GPU drivers are up to date.
Yeah it was definitely a build issue. I tried the latest EA build and that still had those artifacts in there. Swapped to your build, 3352, and they were magically gone. Thanks for that a bunch. Also, by any chance are you still having trouble getting 2.1.0 and Wave 4 to work?

Agoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Anyone know what these visual artifacts are? These only appear at 2X (1440p/2160p) resolution. Anything lower or higher magically makes them vanish. I'm using the Emu Scaler mod for 2.1.0 and get solid performance. My only gripe are these artifacts from long sightlines. View attachment 387498
Try use 2K mod with 1x resolution (higher than that the emu hardly keep up with the fps), don't need any scaler mod because according these old discussion its already contain the scaler.

OR

Use 1080p mod instead with emu scaler enabler mod, 1x resolution or more seems fine depends on the stability of the fps emulated.

According also the same source, the visible difference are the 1080p mod disabling the in-game AA while 2K mod. Honestly its hard to see the difference with these two, they still sharp in emulator regardless. Just make sure the version of the mod matches with the game version otherwise the mod won't work.

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try use 2K mod with 1x resolution (higher than that the emu hardly keep up with the fps), don't need any scaler mod because according these old discussion its already contain the scaler.

OR

Use 1080p mod instead with emu scaler enabler mod, 1x resolution or more seems fine depends on the stability of the fps emulated.
With both the 2k mod and the 1080p mod, you need the "Disable Scaling" mod.
With the Emu Scaler Enabler you don't need "Disable Scaling".

And I actually recommend Emu Scaler Enabler over both other options. Using either of those other options can lead to this graphical issue (how the text is not scaled properly):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-3-emulator-etc-discussion.616262/post-10194993

In any case, RemIsBestest's issue was caused by his emulator build, and has already been fixed.

Reactions: Agoy

RemIsBestest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emu Scaler just doesn't seem to play nice with the latest main build. It's also hit or miss with EA builds. I've done testing and the mainline build does provide a more stable performance on my end: practically locked at 30fps 95% of the time. Really considering a playthrough on Yuzu but those artifacts at the cost of performance is really getting at me.

Last edited by RemIsBestest,

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emu Scaler just doesn't seem to play nice with the latest main build. It's also hit or miss with EA builds. I've done testing and the mainline build does provide a more stable performance on my end: practically locked at 30fps 95% of the time. Really considering a playthrough on Yuzu but those artifacts at the cost of performance is really getting at me.
You'll get better performance with Yuzu if you set it to run at High Priority in the Task Manager. Sadly, you have to manually do this each time you start Yuzu. (task manager -> details tab -> right-click the Yuzu process -> Set Priority -> High)

Though you can make a custom shortcut to this path:
Code:
%windir%\system32\cmd.exe /c start /high [full path to Yuzu's exe, with no spaces anywhere in it]
to start in high priority automatically, though it's hit or miss on if this will work properly.

Evandog

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You'll get better performance with Yuzu if you set it to run at High Priority in the Task Manager. Sadly, you have to manually do this each time you start Yuzu.

Though you can make a custom shortcut...
You can make it always start at high priority by adding this registry entry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\yuzu.exe\PerfOptions]
"CpuPriorityClass"=dword:00000003

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can make it always start at high priority by adding this registry entry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\yuzu.exe\PerfOptions]
"CpuPriorityClass"=dword:00000003
...It took me over 10 hours of research on how to always start a program in high priority to come up with that shortcut method...

OK, new (much simpler) method: click on one of these .REG files, and accept the addition to your registry, to get the corresponding program to always start in High Priority:
YuzuPriority.reg
RyujinxPriority.reg
Both are in the attached .7z archive.

Attachments

• Switch Emulator Priority.7z
    424 bytes · Views: 31

Fabreg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello everyone. Will anyone have the mods for Yuzu updated to version 2.1.0? The 2K mod found here does not work, it freezes when entering combat. Thank you.

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Fabreg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If the 2K mod isn't working (you have the Disable Scaling mod on at the same time right?), try the Emu Scaler Enabler mod,

Do you mean that I have to leave the Disable Scaling mod (version 2.0) together with 2K? I have not tried it. The Emu Scaler Enabler mod works but it doesn't look very good, there are artifacts and distortions in the image. Yuzu 3814. I suppose we will have to wait for an update. Thank you

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean that I have to leave the Disable Scaling mod (version 2.0) together with 2K? I have not tried it. The Emu Scaler Enabler mod works but it doesn't look very good, there are artifacts and distortions in the image. Yuzu 3814. I suppose we will have to wait for an update. Thank you
You HAVE to have the Disable Scaling mod on at the same time as the 2K mod (and do NOT use Disable Scaling with the Emu Scaler Enabler mod). And all the mods has to be for v2.1.0.

Try using Yuzu EA 3352, the newer builds seem to have that issue with Xenoblade 3.
This is the issue a previous user had that was fixed with the earlier build:
010074f013262000_2023-08-09_21-54-53-592-png.387498

*edit- Just noticed the Disable Scaling mod isn't one of the ones that was updated, so neither 1080p Game & Cutscenes, nor 2K Game & Cutscenes mods will actually work right.... So you HAVE to use The Emu Scaler Enabler mod for things to work properly.

rodytto

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My game is freezing in chapter 4 of FR :(
after defeating N, and Nael appearing in the city, the cutscene loses the audio and the game freezes
The game keeps loading endlessly if I skip the cutscene =/ I've tried disabling the mods but still freezes.
I'm using the latest EA of Yuzu.

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My game is freezing in chapter 4 of FR :(
after defeating N, and Nael appearing in the city, the cutscene loses the audio and the game freezes
The game keeps loading endlessly if I skip the cutscene =/ I've tried disabling the mods but still freezes.
I'm using the latest EA of Yuzu.
Try using EA 3352. Try different GPU Priorities. Also try switching from Vulkan to OpenGL for that scene. Worst case, try transfering your save to Ryujinx to get past that part.

Reactions: rodytto

RishabhSaini11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hello everyone. Will anyone have the mods for Yuzu updated to version 2.1.0? The 2K mod found here does not work, it freezes when entering combat. Thank you.
The 1080p and 2k mod crashes on 2.1.0 .
Updated 1080p mod is already available in ryujinx server but for updated 2k mod you'll have to ask there

Also I am currently using updated 1080p mod and it definitely looks better than emu scale enable mod cuz of aliasing.

Last edited by RishabhSaini11,

Fabreg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The 1080p and 2k mod crashes on 2.1.0 .
Updated 1080p mod is already available in ryujinx server but for updated 2k mod you'll have to ask there

Also I am currently using updated 1080p mod and it definitely looks better than emu scale enable mod cuz of aliasing.

Can you share that 1080p version? Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/71-year-old-arrested-after-lapd-finds-nearly-3000-boxes-o...