ROM Hack WIP Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Save Editor

xxBLACKBEARDxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The newer version just won't work for me. It loads my save, but can't write or load bdats. As soon as I try to click on those 2,even tho I cancel and don't select a thing, it crashes. Its really too bad because the really interesting one is the newer version. Maybe it has something to do with my operating system. Anybody able to run the new program can tell me on what system they are running it i'm on windows10

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newer version just won't work for me. It loads my save, but can't write or load bdats. As soon as I try to click on those 2,even tho I cancel and don't select a thing, it crashes. Its really too bad because the really interesting one is the newer version. Maybe it has something to do with my operating system. Anybody able to run the new program can tell me on what system they are running it i'm on windows10
Exactly my issue. Old one works great, new one crashes. Running version 1.0 on 4.1.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can someone explain how to dump my save? No guide on the first post so i have no idea how to use this
Search the forums for a homebrew app called "Checkpoint" that allows backing up and restoring saves.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double posts. I know it will be merged. This site is a disaster right now. Constant 504s and infinite loading. It won't let me press edit.
Hey, Type_O_Dev, any idea why the new editor is crashing for so many people? As soon as you click "Write Save" it force closes and doesn't save. There's quite a few people with the issue, me included. This is on the original version and 4.1 Switch.

Reactions: xxBLACKBEARDxx

Axel_Rhoads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It doesn't work for me when I do that. For example, I tried adding accessories using the ID numbers and nothing showed up in game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried adding 99, not sure if that'll work for you, as it doesn't work for me when I don't first have the item in my inventory. Let me know how it works

Hi, i have the same issue. I've try adding items and nothing showed up in game.

Any suggestions? Thank you so much!

bluedart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: since you didn't state this needed any frameworks, I'm just curious which ones it needs. When I try to run it, it just immediately errors out with "SaveEditor has stopped working" before anything pops up. If it helps here is the problem signature:

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    XB2SaveEditor.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:    5b1e0c06
  Problem Signature 04:    PresentationFramework
  Problem Signature 05:    4.7.2558.0
  Problem Signature 06:    59d41ae6
  Problem Signature 07:    2220
  Problem Signature 08:    f6
  Problem Signature 09:    System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I tried running as admin, various compatibility modes, and even temporarily disabling my antivirus - no go. Any tips? I'm on windows 7, please tell me this isn't some Windows 10 only thing...

StickIt2Ya77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My save disappears after reinjecting.

Going to title menu of XC2 just shows the option for New Game, not Continue - as it should.

Switch is on 5.1.0

XC2 is on 1.50

Checkpoint is on 3.3 (also tried 3.2)

I've tried injecting both unedited saves and edited saves (trying all 3 editors - New, old, and "editor").

Any ideas? I'm going crazy.

D

Deleted User

My save disappears after reinjecting.

Going to title menu of XC2 just shows the option for New Game, not Continue - as it should.

Switch is on 5.1.0

XC2 is on 1.50

Checkpoint is on 3.3 (also tried 3.2)

I've tried injecting both unedited saves and edited saves (trying all 3 editors - New, old, and "editor").

Any ideas? I'm going crazy.

That issue isn't related to this specific save editor then. Try troubleshooting by reading / asking in checkpoint threads.

Reactions: StickIt2Ya77

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any luck on your end yet? I've tried everything I can think of. I've messed with my AV software, moved the file to different places, ran as administrator etc etc. But no luck for me. 100% crash every time it tries to save the file, even if I don't make any changes.

Edit: I've actually decided to update to 5.1 today. I don't mind the jig and there's too much stuff I want to play. So after I update the game to the latest version I'll try the editor again and see if it works.

Last edited by DEMONDICE,

xxBLACKBEARDxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any luck on your end yet? I've tried everything I can think of. I've messed with my AV software, moved the file to different places, ran as administrator etc etc. But no luck for me. 100% crash every time it tries to save the file, even if I don't make any changes.
I gave up. I'm gonna wait for an update and play other games for now. Its too bad because I want to be op so bad.

jrush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so I have a question. I just bought that jig thing and I wanted to extract my xenoblade 2 save. Now I haven't hacked my switch yet. THe only thing I want to do is just use this save editor on my save file along with the BOTW one.

I'm not interested in homebrew or emulators or all that. I just want to edit my save.

Will i get banned if I do this?

Type_O_Dev

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so I have a question. I just bought that jig thing and I wanted to extract my xenoblade 2 save. Now I haven't hacked my switch yet. THe only thing I want to do is just use this save editor on my save file along with the BOTW one.

I'm not interested in homebrew or emulators or all that. I just want to edit my save.

Will i get banned if I do this?

If all you are doing is save editing no. I could go into a bunch of reason why but i will hold off.
If you do want to cover your arse. do your save mods then remove traces by deleting switch directory

Exosq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi @Type_O_Dev , do you have an idea on why nothing show up in game when i try do add items with the new save editor ? For example i tried to add the Sunlight Choker so i entered 515 which is the ID, but nothing show up in game, same for Overdrive Protocol and Core Chips, but i can change the amount of an item i already have.

Conceirning the old editor i can edit most of the thing except luck and trust, any idea on what may be the problem ?

And of course thanks for your work.:D

Irumi`

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi @Type_O_Dev , do you have an idea on why nothing show up in game when i try do add items with the new save editor ? For example i tried to add the Sunlight Choker so i entered 515 which is the ID, but nothing show up in game, same for Overdrive Protocol and Core Chips, but i can change the amount of an item i already have.

Conceirning the old editor i can edit most of the thing except luck and trust, any idea on what may be the problem ?

And of course thanks for your work.:D
You can change the amount of items already obtained, but you cannot add new ones from nowhere.

As for the old editor, I managed to increase the Trust without any problem, so I don't know how to help you.

Exosq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can change the amount of items already obtained, but you cannot add new ones from nowhere.

As for the old editor, I managed to increase the Trust without any problem, so I don't know how to help you.

Ok thank you for clearing that up, i was still able to change the core chips i already had with the ones in the first pages with the old editor, same for the trust it worked well, maybe i didn't save the changes the first time i did it, but for the luck it still doesn't change when i'm in game, so if anyone have a suggestion.

Thanks.

D

Deleted User

Is it possible to increase the trust and affinity chart of Shulk, Fiora, and Poppobuster with the editor?

Doesn't seem like the latest version works if you have the DLC installed.

If you don't have the DLC installed then it should work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY