ROM Hack RELEASE Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Graphics Settings

NotACat

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
After experimenting I found out the best option is leave AntiAliasing=On (seem it's FXAA) with high AA Sharpness (like at 10+ and AA Range should be 0.5-1.0) but turn off TMAA (TMAA is similar to TAA, it make grasses/edges... less flickering when moving by blurring everything - it look so bad on handheld mode resolutions). This offers clear image with some smoothen edges, especially in cutscenes. There's some pics:
Addtional: for someone like me that want to overclock with higher resolution when charging only + more stable fps with 540p stock clocks, set:
red_Auto=on (this enables autoscaling)
red_AtMinX=0.7
red_AtMinY=0.7
red_hdsclX=0.9
red_hdsclY=0.9
(hdscl = 1.0 = 720p will cause stuttering a lot without OC, but OC handheld to 460mhz may resolve most stuttering and resolution would better, OC handheld charging mode to 768mhz + RAM 1600mhz would be running docked mode graphics on handheld)

Attachments

• 1_Handheld_Original.jpg
    1_Handheld_Original.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 1,427
  • 2_Handheld_Raw (TMAA and AA off).jpg
    2_Handheld_Raw (TMAA and AA off).jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 1,366
  • 5_Handheld AA=On (AASharpness=12) TMAA=Off Bloom=Off.jpg
    5_Handheld AA=On (AASharpness=12) TMAA=Off Bloom=Off.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 1,389
  • 6_Handheld AA-On (AASharpness=1) TMAA=Off Bloom=Off.jpg
    6_Handheld AA-On (AASharpness=1) TMAA=Off Bloom=Off.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 1,237
Last edited by NotACat,
Reactions: RahFah

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So with tip from @MrComputerRevo I figured out how to set gameplay speed after enabling 60 FPS. Everything prerendered (animations, video from cutscenes) are double speed. But it looks like game is too heavy on bandwidth to have something stable from it.
So if someone will figure out config that will make it stable 60 FPS and not look like shit in handheld mode, I will continue job.
You need 2.0.2 version
It may be even GPU 921, if it will be stable

Attachments

• Xeno2Alpha.zip
    419 bytes · Views: 1,325
Last edited by masagrator,

iopyt

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So do you think this game looks/play better with this method or with docked flag using reversenx, talking about handheld mode ofc.

Last edited by iopyt,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So do you think this game looks/play better with this method or with docked flag using reversenx, talking about handheld mode ofc.
With docked flag you have better resolution, slightly better AA and disabled sharpening filter, but you need to apply OC over 460 MHz for GPU. With "Like Docked Mode 540p" you get all of these except resolution and OC is not needed.

Reactions: RahFah

iopyt

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thank you for your quick reply. But have you had a look at both, do you think there is a big difference visually due to better resolution or is it barely noticable in handheld ?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thank you for your quick reply. But have you had a look at both, do you think there is a big difference visually due to better resolution or is it barely noticable in handheld ?
I think you should just use this mod and when you can play with docked flag. You don't need to delete mod to play with docked flag.

NotACat

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
for the best looking in handheld you should disable TMAA (tmaa=off), and use FXAA only (AntiAliasing=on)

Last edited by NotACat,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
is it possible to have the game scale higher than 720p?
Windows resolution in exefs is 1280x720. I've tried to change it to higher and lower resolutions, but nothing happened. There may be an issue with textures that are 1280x720 like tutorial if it will work.

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you only played docked and OC, does this offer any benefit - or is it mainly to increase the quality in handheld mode?

NotACat

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
If you only played docked and OC, does this offer any benefit - or is it mainly to increase the quality in handheld mode?
There are settings for docked mode too, you can disable TAA for sharper image, and limit dynamic resolutions

Saahas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey sorry I'm new to this, but can someone tell me exactly what to do to get the best visuals in game, like what settings to turn on/off

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, I'm new to this, so can somebody tell me exactly what to turn on/off/change to get the best visuals, thanks. PS. Is it at all any more possible to now have 60fps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China