RELEASE Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Graphics Settings

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by masagrator, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Huy98vn

Huy98vn GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2017
    Vietnam
    After experimenting I found out that leaving AntiAliasing On (seem it's FXAA) with high AA Sharpness (like at 10+ and AA Range should be 0.5-1.0) but turn off TMAA is the best option (TMAA is similar to TAA, it make grasses/edges... less flickering when moving by blurring everything - but It'll be nice in 720p). This offers clear image with some smoothen edges, especially in cutscenes. There's some pics:
    Addtional: for someone like me that want to overclock with higher resolution when charging only + more stable fps with 540p stock clocks, set:
    red_Auto=on (this enables autoscaling)
    red_AtMinX=0.7
    red_AtMinY=0.7
    red_hdsclX=0.9
    red_hdsclY=0.9
    (hdscl = 1.0 = 720p will cause stuttering a lot without OC, but OC handheld to 460mhz may resolve most stuttering and resolution would better, OC handheld charging mode to 768mhz + RAM 1600mhz would be running docked mode graphics on handheld)

Attached Files:

Last edited by Huy98vn, Sep 25, 2019
    RahFah likes this.
  2. masagrator
    OP

masagrator The developper

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    So with tip from @MrComputerRevo I figured out how to set gameplay speed after enabling 60 FPS. Everything prerendered (animations, video from cutscenes) are double speed. But it looks like game is too heavy on bandwidth to have something stable from it.
    So if someone will figure out config that will make it stable 60 FPS and not look like shit in handheld mode, I will continue job.
    You need 2.0.2 version
    It may be even GPU 921, if it will be stable

Attached Files:

Last edited by masagrator, Sep 3, 2019
  3. NSX
    This message by NSX has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Sep 4, 2019.
    Sep 4, 2019
  4. zaku

zaku GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2018
    Uganda
    what do raw and like docked mode mean?

5. masagrator
    OP

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland

6. zaku

zaku GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2018
    Uganda
    Can I use the next method(max 540p) for sxos? Or is it not supported at all.

7. masagrator
    OP

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    You can.

8. lasher666

lasher666 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    Isla de la Muerte
    Does anyone know a good settings to handheld mode to not look like shit?

9. Huy98vn

Huy98vn GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2017
    Vietnam
    check my post up there

10. iopyt

iopyt Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2019
    Finland
    So do you think this game looks/play better with this method or with docked flag using reversenx, talking about handheld mode ofc.

Last edited by iopyt, Oct 8, 2019
  11. masagrator
    OP

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    With docked flag you have better resolution, slightly better AA and disabled sharpening filter, but you need to apply OC over 460 MHz for GPU. With "Like Docked Mode 540p" you get all of these except resolution and OC is not needed.

RahFah likes this.
  12. iopyt

iopyt Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2019
    Finland
    Thank you for your quick reply. But have you had a look at both, do you think there is a big difference visually due to better resolution or is it barely noticable in handheld ?

13. masagrator
    OP

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    I think you should just use this mod and when you can play with docked flag. You don't need to delete mod to play with docked flag.

14. Huy98vn

Huy98vn GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2017
    Vietnam
    for the best looking in handheld you should disable TMAA (tmaa=off), and use FXAA only (AntiAliasing=on)

Last edited by Huy98vn, Oct 14, 2019
  15. aj_hix36

aj_hix36 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2007
    United States
    is it possible to have the game scale higher than 720p?

16. Kirby567fan

Kirby567fan GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2018
    Morocco
    It crashed when I tried that.

17. masagrator
    OP

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Windows resolution in exefs is 1280x720. I've tried to change it to higher and lower resolutions, but nothing happened. There may be an issue with textures that are 1280x720 like tutorial if it will work.

18. veekay

veekay GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    If you only played docked and OC, does this offer any benefit - or is it mainly to increase the quality in handheld mode?

19. Huy98vn

Huy98vn GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2017
    Vietnam
    There are settings for docked mode too, you can disable TAA for sharper image, and limit dynamic resolutions

20. veekay

veekay GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Thanks. I actually pre-ordered this game and have yet to play it. Got caught up with Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted