ROM Hack RELEASE Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Graphics Settings

Theos08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I have a question that I haven't been able to figure out on my own yet. Running the config using some of the settings posted by users here have gotten my game to a really great spot on Ryujinx. However, I see these white lines appear around light objects and it only seems to appear during the day time. When I waited for the map to become night the lines completely went away. I'm currently using 4x resolution scale as I'm on a 1440p monitor (as a side note, the lines also go away when I return to native resolution scale). Reading forums of other games with similar issues brings me to the conclusion that the culprit is the resolution scale a no solution currently exists. Is this true? Is there any changes I should focus on the .ini file to possibly help this issue?
Xeno_2_White_Lines.PNG

Griboko

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello all, I have a question that I haven't been able to figure out on my own yet. Running the config using some of the settings posted by users here have gotten my game to a really great spot on Ryujinx. However, I see these white lines appear around light objects and it only seems to appear during the day time. When I waited for the map to become night the lines completely went away. I'm currently using 4x resolution scale as I'm on a 1440p monitor (as a side note, the lines also go away when I return to native resolution scale). Reading forums of other games with similar issues brings me to the conclusion that the culprit is the resolution scale a no solution currently exists. Is this true? Is there any changes I should focus on the .ini file to possibly help this issue?
Yes, it's true, no solution. Problem in resolution scale of emulator. But worry not cause it's happens only in 3-4 places(i already finished the game) and in a different angle those lines hides too, meh-meh
And i highly recommended masagrator mod for 60 fps - Xenoblade2DynFPS on github

Last edited by Griboko,
Reactions: Theos08

Theos08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's true, no solution. Problem in resolution scale of emulator. But worry not cause it's happens only in 3-4 places(i already finished the game) and in a different angle those lines hides too, meh-meh
And i highly recommended masagrator mod for 60 fps - Xenoblade2DynFPS on github
Thanks for the info! Also, yeah I do have that mod. I removed it from the folder at some point fighting the useless battle of the random light lines lol

galderak

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trying to play Torna via Yuzu/Ryujinx with the 60fps mod mentioned in this thread, but I keep getting this graphical issue where the icon in the bottom right (e.g. the fire for Lora) gets bigger til it takes up half the screen - can be seen in this video:

Is there a fix for this? I've tried several 60fps mods and the dynamic fps mod and they all have the same problem.
Otherwise it looks and runs fantastically on the latest stable release.

I have the same issue with all FPS mods on Yuzu and Ryujinx, happens alot for me with Nia as well. I've posted here about it before without any replies. I do wish I could just replace the texture with a transparent one or something so it could do its thing but be invisible.

Israelssiivaq1999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I getting constant lipsync problems
do i need to disable vsync ?
I am not using any mods, just playing the game as it is
Using the last version of ryujinx, playing on rog ally

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to use the graphics settings mod for Raw Image/Max 720p with DynFPS on a modded Switch, but so far I haven't had any luck. I tried following the directions, placed the 0100E95004038000 folder in atmosphere/contents and yet the game doesn't look sharp at all and still looks blurry with the anti-aliasing and dynamic resolution.

Edit: Game is on update 2.1.0.

Edit2: Never mind, figured it out.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,

jrush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to use the graphics settings mod for Raw Image/Max 720p with DynFPS on a modded Switch, but so far I haven't had any luck. I tried following the directions, placed the 0100E95004038000 folder in atmosphere/contents and yet the game doesn't look sharp at all and still looks blurry with the anti-aliasing and dynamic resolution.

Edit: Game is on update 2.1.0.

Edit2: Never mind, figured it out.
Can you please explain how you got it working? I'm using Yuzu and while I have Xenoblade 1 and 3 Looking crisp. 2 still doesnt look as good as the others.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please explain how you got it working? I'm using Yuzu and while I have Xenoblade 1 and 3 Looking crisp. 2 still doesnt look as good as the others.
I don't use emulators because they aren't quite there yet for me to enjoy properly, so I don't know much about how to setup mods there.
For Switch though, I put them in Atmosphere/contents

vynirasnowy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever I use the 60fps mod, the element symbol at the bottom right continuously gets larger as it flashes. In many fights it'll get so large that the flashes cover the entire screen.

I've tried toggling between Vulkan/OpenGL, resolution, RAM, Limit Speed Percent, and various other graphics settings but the only thing that stops this from happening is just turning off the 60fps mod. I normally use Yuzu and tried a fresh Ryujinx install and the same issue happened.

I've found next to nothing about this while searching online so if anyone has any solutions that would really be appreciated.

Specs: i7-13700KF and a GTX 1660 Ti

vynirasnowy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shows how you didn't even read last few posts of this thread.
Am I missing something? I'm sorry I didn't notice the post about the issue right above but it doesn't seem like the people who have had the issue here got any help. Also I didn't mean to imply I've found literally nothing regarding this issue entirely, cause I did find a Reddit post where someone had the same issue, but I didn't find anything in terms of actual solutions to the problem.

Giiiiiiiiiin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm using the "Like Docked Mode, Max 720" how i make to it work in 60 fps? i tried instal a 60 fps mod, but this causes the image to lose a lot of quality

AmadeusMaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Have an issue with masagrator 60 dynfps mod. QTE's seems to be working at 30 fps so they are slow and I can't finish them on time (because it's only the QTE and not the game, so they disappear after the special attack cutscene ends not leaving me do the full combo). Anyone with the same problem?

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm using the "Like Docked Mode, Max 720" how i make to it work in 60 fps? i tried instal a 60 fps mod, but this causes the image to lose a lot of quality
What overclock are you using? I'm running the game in docked mode at the original 720p30 target, with max CPU and RAM clocks and GPU at 921, and get occasional quality drops when there's a lot of action in battle. 60 FPS would be twice as much work for the system, so you should expect the dynamic resolution to kick in sooner.
You could try disabling dynamic resolution, in which case you should expect slowdown or frame drops instead of reductions in resolution.

LiruFiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you for all the hard work maintaining and providing these cheats to the community. The only issue I've run into is a flashing battle UI element in the bottom right corner of the screen that grows to be about half the entire screen and then shrinks and starts growing and flashing again.

I've searched for existing evidence someone else has run into this issue but with no luck.
I have narrowed it down to the FPS cheats as for when I remove them it goes away.
I've tried each combination with the cutscene fix and seen no change.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this issue or have any insight into the direct cause?

Ryzen 5900x
RTX 3090

View attachment 370337
Did you ever find a solution to this?, im having the same issue, its getting quite tiring

Netryxa

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone.

Thx for the job you done.
I am able to play in 60 FPS and with a decent visual quality on Yuzu.

For what i have understand, the goal is to make the game run at "720p" always and not drop below, like the real game on Switch do.

Now i have a question.
Since i have a verry good PC with insane performance, can i go beyond this "720p" that seems to be the target and get my resolution in 1440p ?
Or is there anything i can do to have better visual, even if it's not recommanded for frame rate or stability ?

Danku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know why the mod looks a little bit washed (the water, the clouds and the rain)? I've tried with several config files but with all of them it looks the same.
I also have this issue, and not just in cutscenes, but shaded characters in general just dont get darkened when using these graphics settings. Did you ever figure this out?

Racemap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have any trouble with the 60fps mod slowing down the special B button challenges in combat? I use the special and it takes longer before the button prompt shows up.
Post automatically merged:

Have an issue with masagrator 60 dynfps mod. QTE's seems to be working at 30 fps so they are slow and I can't finish them on time (because it's only the QTE and not the game, so they disappear after the special attack cutscene ends not leaving me do the full combo). Anyone with the same problem?
Did you ever find a fix for it?

Last edited by Racemap,

Zeorginas

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Has anyone ever found a fix for the flashing symbol getting bigger and bigger? I've read through the entire thread and haven't seen any solution.. it only happens in the DLC.
Post automatically merged:

Has anyone ever found a fix for the white flashing symbol that gets bigger and bigger? I've read throughout the entire thread but haven't found any solution.. it only happens in the DLC.

HornetsaysSHAW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Here's a 'fix' for the flashing element symbol which completely disables the symbol from appearing. This needs to be placed like libnx.ini in a DLC folder, and required that DLC to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...